Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round

We are third last for inside fifties this year Zips. Too many of our entries are bombs to make matters worse.
Because we have Tarranto Prestia Hopper Baker Ralphsmith Flappers kicking it in there.
Lockett Ablett and Dunstall would struggle

Reactions: 1 user
We had our first choice midfield in today and last week. The midfield the recruiters thought would give us a shot at another flag.

Scary.

Yeah I was thinking this too. And not just the midfield…. Most of our best 22 are on the park now.

Sobering stuff.

Take the mids. Where’s the improvement coming from? Dow is limited. So is Sonz. MRJ is an impact player only (unless he bucks the trend of his career to date and builds fitness/a tank). Kmac the younger… rolls Royce or journeyman? Too soon to tell.

The draft is where it’s at. Finishing last hurts now, but with the gaps we have in our list, it’s the best possible outcome from this injury ravaged season.

And while there are no guarantees at the draft table, earlier picks will always help maximise your odds of getting it right.

Reactions: 4 users
Great effort making the most of our long injury list and maximising our ladder position
#1 Pick National , Rookie, Preseason and Mid season draft
Mission accomplished Now onto rebuilding our team to once again contend for :cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
We wouldn't have got 2 of the more obvious ones if they weren't paid from the out of zone umpires. Its infuriating
Yep I feel that the blind umpires from 70metres out were better for us than the blind umpires close to the play this game.

Thank *smile* that’s over. Officially the worst season in the history of the club. Disgraceful and embarrassing season.

The wooden spoon cheerleaders are happy.
I wouldn’t say happy. But, if you are going to suffer through a woeful season it is nice to be comforted by pick one.
Hawthorn have provided the blueprint for us to follow.
All being equal we need to now focus on the next group who have a greatness mindset.
Think Cotchin Reiwoldt Rance and Martin.
We might have some good second stringers but as we found this year, when our top liners had gone we were rudderless.

Reactions: 2 users
Great effort making the most of our long injury list and maximising our ladder position
#1 Pick National , Rookie, Preseason and Mid season draft
Mission accomplished Now onto rebuilding our team to once again contend for :cupgold
Can not believe people are proud we came last.
Disgraceful. Have some pride

• Dislike
Well that season can get in the bin! Of course watching Essendon I console my self that we were *smile* all season, at least we didn’t make top 4 and choke. Again.

• Haha
That was a lacklustre game.

There were a few semi-decent signs:
  • We won the inside 50s.
  • There was more looking for short passes.
  • At times we passed to moving players rather than stationary players.
  • At times there were players running past to receive.
  • Bauer played well.
What really let us down were skills. Passes going astray. Handballs to the feet of a team-mate. Etc, etc.

The other thing which let us down was a lack of options. We would get the ball and there was nowhere to go. We were outnumbered around the contest - any outlet was not in space, they had options in space and ready to run forward.

Miller was very disappointing. He needs to crash in and impact the contest. Today he got pushed or shoved out a few times and he is strong enough to make a contest, just needs to either learn how or get the attitude to crash in.

Suns were little better. With all their early picks they shouldn't be so mediocre.

Disappointing crowd given we were sending off Dusty, Grimes and Marlion.

Tough season but time to stick by the club while we rebuild.

DS

Reactions: 11 users
Just another game with the same theme. We played ok around the ground, had heaps of opportunities but couldn’t take enough of them.
There was great intent today, we tackled very hard at times. I was sitting on the wing and you could hear the hits.
Our delivery into the forward 50 was pretty poor and our forward line wasn’t great, although Bauer did some nice things.
Seemed like the 4-5 times we could have got right back in the game we either turned the ball over or there was some unexplained umpiring decision.
I thought inside we went pretty well today. Taranto, Hopper, Graham and Prestia all played well enough but we didn’t generate enough run and speed from the contest, but we know that’s an issue already.

Reactions: 8 users
We need to not only draft the best young in the land but also mix it with solid state league players with later picks.

Thank *smile* that’s over. Officially the worst season in the history of the club. Disgraceful and embarrassing season.
2016 was worse than this year. I had very low expectations at the start of this season, whereas 2016 I thought we'd challenge for the top 4

Reactions: 1 users
Can not believe people are proud we came last.
Disgraceful. Have some pride
With our very long injury list we’re just not good enough and made the most of our opportunity to rebuild with best available
Would you feel better if we finished 3rd last?

2016 was worse than this year. I had very low expectations at the start of this season, whereas 2016 I thought we'd challenge for the top 4
It’s not about expectations. It’s about pure statistics and results. It is officially the worst season in our history.