Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round

Personally I think the injuries have actually handed us a perfect opportunity that we wouldn't have got if we didn't have the injuries this year. Had we stayed relatively injury free, we don't finish last, probably not even bottom 4, I think we were on a trajectory to hit the bottom around about 2026/27 which would have resulted in us dropping down, right at the time Tassie joins the league, a perfectly poorly timed storm.

We've dropped off quicker than we should have, with a lot of that due to injuries and a serious lack of continuity this year. We have been given an opportunity to draft a lot of our next top 15 or so draft picks well before Tassie now join the league. We shouldn't be aiming to be in the bottom 3 for more than probably 3 years, as you say we don't want that perennial losers mentality of clubs like Norf who have been substandard for way too long, and don't try and get themselves out of their mess, they go cap in hand to the AFL for as many handouts as they can get.
Never waste a good crisis.

Reactions: 6 users
Was it 36 when the Suns yet again threw the ball just outside our F50, called play on, then the umpire inside the F50 (must have been 70m away as he was on the Shane Warne stand side) called it a throw (which it was) - I think it was 7 Dalgliesh that had to call that. Almost looked embarassed having to call that free from so far away when the ump was 5-10m away.
That was an absolutely clear cut free and how the officiating umpire missed that I’ll never know.
All around me people were deadset ropable.
Thankfully the other bloke from distance made the right call and hopefully called out his mate later on too for his incompetence.

Reactions: 1 user
The best 5 or 6 each week are a turnover of the same names …. Our 8 most experienced campaigners.

No youngster getting off the leash for a big game, or a steady improver playing consistently in the best, no 10 gamer announcing themselves.

That is the concern for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Can’t find a KMac thread. Is he going on? Probably only the actual or potential departures saving him for now? Or is he good for another year?

Yep, 34000 in the ground saw Ballard initiate, Umpire 36, saw the retaliation.

I thought umpire 36 didn't have a pea in his whistle, as few times in the second quarter, right in front of where I was sitting, there were several Suns infringements, and he ignored them.
He made up for this in the second half, couldn't blow it fast enough if a Richmond player thought about touching a Suns player.
In any contact sport it does seem to be the fallback to ping the retaliation instead of the actual offence. Not saying it is right but it is fact

Reactions: 2 users
Of the 8 players who kicked our 10 goals. 5 of them are either retiring or looking at leaving.
Next year should be a real hoot.