Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round

KMac gave Ballard a clip at one stage as well. Must have been niggling, Kamdyn turned around and cuffed him.
Think it led to a free kick reversal.
It did lead to a reversal. Not much in it.

Reactions: 1 user
KMac gave Ballard a clip at one stage as well. Must have been niggling, Kamdyn turned around and cuffed him.
Think it led to a free kick reversal.
Was at the game and saw the start of it. KMac copped a push/hit to the neck area and responded. Of course the umpire saw the response and not the initial action.

Reactions: 1 users
Was at the game and saw the start of it. KMac copped a push/hit to the neck area and responded. Of course the umpire saw the response and not the initial action.
Yep, 34000 in the ground saw Ballard initiate, Umpire 36, saw the retaliation.

I thought umpire 36 didn't have a pea in his whistle, as few times in the second quarter, right in front of where I was sitting, there were several Suns infringements, and he ignored them.
He made up for this in the second half, couldn't blow it fast enough if a Richmond player thought about touching a Suns player.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, 34000 in the ground saw Ballard initiate, Umpire 36, saw the retaliation.

I thought umpire 36 didn't have a pea in his whistle, as few times in the second quarter, right in front of where I was sitting, there were several Suns infringements, and he ignored them.
He made up for this in the second half, couldn't blow it fast enough if a Richmond player thought about touching a Suns player.
Umpire 36 had a mare yesterday

He wasn't on his own. #40 didn't contribute a lot either.

#36 was a deadset cheat.

Was it 36 when the Suns yet again threw the ball just outside our F50, called play on, then the umpire inside the F50 (must have been 70m away as he was on the Shane Warne stand side) called it a throw (which it was) - I think it was 7 Dalgliesh that had to call that. Almost looked embarassed having to call that free from so far away when the ump was 5-10m away.

Was it 36 when the Suns yet again threw the ball just outside our F50, called play on, then the umpire inside the F50 (must have been 70m away as he was on the Shane Warne stand side) called it a throw (which it was) - I think it was 7 Dalgliesh that had to call that. Almost looked embarassed having to call that free from so far away when the ump was 5-10m away.
I was on the other side, M55. #36 was standing in front of that area for awhile in the second 1/4 copping no end of crap from the supporters around me, and he was smiling. It's like he knew he was screwing Richmond over, and felt good about it.

I have seen far worse 18th ladder teams with no hope or logical reason for optimism whatsoever. Any first rounder who came to our club next year would be enthusiastic about the immediate future in the next few years.
I don't know if I have. I don't think I have ever seen a list so devoid of A grade potential quality youth (and what little we do have with such serious question marks about their durability). We desperately need to hit the draft hard, for whilst there is some capacity to rebound (like you when playing I have seen optically worse looking wooden spooners) the collective ceiling of this group is so very very low.

With Tasmania just around the corner God help us if we don't get the bounty of first rounders that we are expecting. We could easily be in mid-table hell for a decade.

Exactly! It has been a terrible year, but West Coast and Norf have been just as bad without the same excuse.

Correct. They have had more time at the bottom than we have and have very little to show for it. Hopefully we can nail the draft, we don't want to end up like North where they have essentially trained their players in ways to lose games.

Correct. They have had more time at the bottom than we have and have very little to show for it. Hopefully we can nail the draft, we don't want to end up like North where they have essentially trained their players in ways to lose games.
This is the risk of plummeting off the cliff and bottoming out so badly. It can lead to perennial failure and a losing mentality and culture. North is mired in it, a 5 year abyss that has seen them in the bottom two each of those 5 years. They are just horrible and have made no real improvement from all their high draft picks, additional assistance and supposed SuperCoach Clarko.

West Coast is not much better but generally bounce back okay and had extraordinary resources at their disposal.

Hawthorn is the model for us to follow although they did not end up anywhere near as bad as we are now. There are no guarantees; hopefully everyone at the club is up for the mountainous task ahead.

I am far from convinced on Yze. He’s got 2 years to prove he has what it takes. Let’s see what happens.

This is the risk of plummeting off the cliff and bottoming out so badly. It can lead to perennial failure and a losing mentality and culture. North is mired in it, a 5 year abyss that has seen them in the bottom two each of those 5 years. They are just horrible and have made no real improvement from all their high draft picks, additional assistance and supposed SuperCoach Clarko.

West Coast is not much better but generally bounce back okay and had extraordinary resources at their disposal.

Hawthorn is the model for us to follow although they did not end up anywhere near as bad as we are now. There are no guarantees; hopefully everyone at the club is up for the mountainous task ahead.

I am far from convinced on Yze. He’s got 2 years to prove he has what it takes. Let’s see what happens.

Personally I think the injuries have actually handed us a perfect opportunity that we wouldn't have got if we didn't have the injuries this year. Had we stayed relatively injury free, we don't finish last, probably not even bottom 4, I think we were on a trajectory to hit the bottom around about 2026/27 which would have resulted in us dropping down, right at the time Tassie joins the league, a perfectly poorly timed storm.

We've dropped off quicker than we should have, with a lot of that due to injuries and a serious lack of continuity this year. We have been given an opportunity to draft a lot of our next top 15 or so draft picks well before Tassie now join the league. We shouldn't be aiming to be in the bottom 3 for more than probably 3 years, as you say we don't want that perennial losers mentality of clubs like Norf who have been substandard for way too long, and don't try and get themselves out of their mess, they go cap in hand to the AFL for as many handouts as they can get.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Personally I think the injuries have actually handed us a perfect opportunity that we wouldn't have got if we didn't have the injuries this year. Had we stayed relatively injury free, we don't finish last, probably not even bottom 4, I think we were on a trajectory to hit the bottom around about 2026/27 which would have resulted in us dropping down, right at the time Tassie joins the league, a perfectly poorly timed storm.

We've dropped off quicker than we should have, with a lot of that due to injuries and a serious lack of continuity this year. We have been given an opportunity to draft a lot of our next top 15 or so draft picks well before Tassie now join the league. We shouldn't be aiming to be in the bottom 3 for more than probably 3 years, as you say we don't want that perennial losers mentality of clubs like Norf who have been substandard for way too long, and don't try and get themselves out of their mess, they go cap in hand to the AFL for as many handouts as they can get.
Agree. Blessing in disguise.

Perfect summation

Well that season can get in the bin! Of course watching Essendon I console my self that we were *smile* all season, at least we didn’t make top 4 and choke. Again.
Small mercy for the privilege of coming dead last n winning the spoon. Essendrugs, Colonwood, Smelbourne n maybe even Carlscum all to miss the eight. Passionfruit icing on top, Moggies to get blown out of the finals in straight sets. Would almost make the summer off season enjoyable.

It’s not about expectations. It’s about pure statistics and results. It is officially the worst season in our history.
What's that old saying again? Oh yeah, I remember. Records are made to be broken. Guess the mighty RFC just set a new record for itself :)) :vomit

You've got a very keen eye Mr P. I couldn't agree more with this. My feeling were we'd hit about the time Tassie came, when Lynch, Broad etc all drop off the list. We have no key forward of note, and our mids are ordinary. I could see us stuck around 16-10th for the next few years.
We'll bounce back if we draft we'll, just be in Yze's last year.