Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Tigers v Suns Final Round

We wouldn't have got 2 of the more obvious ones if they weren't paid from the out of zone umpires. Its infuriating
No one wants to be Essendon. But no one wants to be Carlton, Melbourne and North who celebrate finishing last.

Wooden spoons are for losers. This season was a complete shitshow. A disgrace for a club that won its 3rd flag in 4 seasons just 4 years ago.

We have plummeted into an abyss.

Reactions: 9 users
This season was a disgrace - no amount of sugar coating can escape that fact!!
Very disappointing but have to disagree on the sugar-coating. The injury count was extreme this year and we're talking about our best and/or most prospective players missing large chunks of the season. Only 1 player played every game. 42 players played at least 1 game, Only ones to miss were Colina, Fawcett, Gray, OHB.

You just can't under-estimate the difficulty of executing a game plan when the team is unsettled and significantly changing every single game.

What's done is done. Most important now over the next 2-3 years is to turn over the dead wood, nail the draft and review why so many injuries so that it never happens again. Rebuild is under way.

Reactions: 6 users
It’s not about expectations. It’s about pure statistics and results. It is officially the worst season in our history.
For me, 2016 was worse. Pure statistics would include the impact of injuries, which we suffered far more this year than other years

No one wants to be Essendon. But no one wants to be Carlton, Melbourne and North who celebrate finishing last.

Wooden spoons are for losers. This season was a complete shitshow. A disgrace for a club that won its 3rd flag in 4 seasons just 4 years ago.

We have plummeted into an abyss.
The only way is up baby

Reactions: 3 users
We could double our wins next year and would still likely end up with the spoon again.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster and it’s largely of our own doing. Poor recruiting, poor drafting, poor list management and on and on.

We fought so hard for so long to get to the top but gave it all up without even a whimper.
Have you heard of these things called equalisation policies?

That game summed up the year. The dark days are a fleeting memory but I cannot recall attending a game played with less passion. Even the fans were ambivalent. Should have called it off at half time and let Dusty do a few laps.

Huge few months that will shape the next 5 years.

Reactions: 1 users
2024. Well that was a *smile* show from start to …and it still has a few pages to go.
We’ve had rumours all year, it will only intensify from here on in. Just make sure we are fully and I mean fully compensated for any players who are leaving.

Then use those draft picks wisely.

Reactions: 2 users
I was at the ground and haven't see any replays but not sure what happened in the end that sparked the melee in the last. It was all quite close to us but I only saw the aftermath.
Witts seemed to suggesting Nank gave him one and maybe he did but he recovered pretty quickly !! There was also a Gold coast player who indicated he got a knock to the mouth from Mansell but I didn't see that either. Witts refused to shake Nank's hand after the game.
Our guys were having a red hot go in the last 2 quarters and were tackling really hard. The problem was the Suns players got a lot of frees for what I thought were just hard tackles so they started to play for them, and got them. Our guys got very frustrated, you could see it.
I haven't seen then incidents, were they reportable?

Reactions: 3 users
I was at the ground and haven't see any replays but not sure what happened in the end that sparked the melee in the last. It was all quite close to us but I only saw the aftermath.
Witts seemed to suggesting Nank gave him one and maybe he did but he recovered pretty quickly !! There was also a Gold coast player who indicated he got a knock to the mouth from Mansell but I didn't see that either. Witts refused to shake Nank's hand after the game.
Our guys were having a red hot go in the last 2 quarters and were tackling really hard. The problem was the Suns players got a lot of frees for what I thought were just hard tackles so they started to play for them, and got them. Our guys got very frustrated, you could see it.
I haven't seen then incidents, were they reportable?
I reckon Nank gave Witts a stomach punch or similar at some stage. I can’t remember which quarter it was, could’ve been the last, but Witts spent a bit of time on the ground clutching his stomach. Just inside centre square at Punt Road end. Looked like he was winded. Didn’t see the act but just saw Witts on the ground afterwards.

On paper.
Yes. The only saving grace is that we are not a complete mess off the field like we were in late 80s and early 90s when we had similar seasons.

Always managed to win more than 2 games though.

I reckon Nank gave Witts a stomach punch or similar at some stage. I can’t remember which quarter it was, could’ve been the last, but Witts spent a bit of time on the ground clutching his stomach. Just inside centre square at Punt Road end. Looked like he was winded. Didn’t see the act but just saw Witts on the ground afterwards.
KMac gave Ballard a clip at one stage as well. Must have been niggling, Kamdyn turned around and cuffed him.
Think it led to a free kick reversal.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep Nank gave him a love tap to stomach. Witt’s carried on a fair bit.

Mansell might be in trouble for his jumper punch to Powell.

Reactions: 1 user
I have seen far worse 18th ladder teams with no hope or logical reason for optimism whatsoever. Any first rounder who came to our club next year would be enthusiastic about the immediate future in the next few years.
To be fair this season is the best outcome we could have hoped for.
We got games in to young kids who havent had a chance and get the number one pick all while still having a pretty decent number of good players on the list to go next year/ year after.
What good would winning 3 - 4 more games and ending up like St. Kilda have done for us? Zero. It was a hard watch, but a fantastic outcome for our future. Even if we clear out and hit the draft with force or keep our superstar match winning players, it really is only up from here.

Reactions: 6 users