Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17

If you want to attract future players to your club you don't trade your best long, term contracted players at 25yo. Simple. Especially not when you have ZERO replacement/coverage in the cupboard. How many examples of this instigated by a club? If he wants to go different story. Out of interest what would you accept? Freo current have 12, 13, 14 in the draft.
Don't they have Collingwoods pick?
That's 1 want, we get it and turn him into the next Cotchin or Edwards.
They will go after Wright

Has Blight ever played forward?
Ask him
90% the players we have are either playing in a foreign position or they are getting taught how to play there.
Biggest issue we have we are sooo slow and sooo unfit. 2 blokes run all day Rioli and Ralphsmith. The rest are hot dogs

Also, if he is a small forward than we are truly *smile*.
Really? Yes he's a small forward who pinch hits in the middle. Has kicked 24 goals this year, 31, 43, 23 previous 3 years. Certainly doesn't shout out backman.

Reactions: 1 user
Needs to stay in we must maintain our ladder position

Some time ago there was a discussion on the subject.

Basically that we would never play without trying to win. Coaches and club leaders on and off the field would never allow our culture to sink to the level of a Melbourne (as has occurred with that team in the past) and allow our team to take the field and not try as hard as possible to win.

To day Cumberland, Graham, Macintosh, Sonsie and Short didn’t show up.
All of these have regularly let us down in the past.

Pick younger players, anyone else on the list. Give them a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I feel really sorry for our better players that have to play along side spuds that cannot win a contest. Some of our players out there tonight just aren't AFL standards. They are slow to react, don't read the play, don't like contact, no second efforts, spectate and above all never beat their opponents.

winning games comes from winning contests. We have no hope with these players.

Reactions: 2 users
Cumbo, Mansell and Campbell gave us nothing. I blame the coaches more for the way they are being used.

I have said this all season stop this defensive crap for every small forward. I am watching our smalls they are trying to guard space, trying to prevent their opponent to rebound.

We need our smalls to be creative. Not including Shai as hes a star and can make something out of nothing.

I saw Cumbo and Mansell trying to defend, running, diving to smoother, tackling but they are not in the right spots every time the ball gets into forward 50.. Either play them as offensive weapons or drop all 3.

This falls back on the coaches not utilising them to our advantage and its been like this most of the season.

Miller was our worst defender so easily gets pushed off the ball, Show some mongrel.

Macintosh just horrible.

Sonsie and Hugo found a bit of the ball but ball use was terrible.

Baker poor game enough said.

Sam Banks haven't been 100% on him but when he came on thought he did a few good things. Looked a little bit more composed and offered a bit of run from the back half.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s tough seeing your team at such a low point. Let’s stick together guys and girls.
Nah. We should never ever have been in this position.
The club put us in this position.
25 draft picks since 2017, not 1 kid that's a shoe in to play 100 games.
Not enough kids from other clubs, Acres Newman's types.
Giving away kids like Bulter, Stengle etc for free.
We might’ve been not in the top 4, but we wouldn't be below north.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Really? Yes he's a small forward who pinch hits in the middle. Has kicked 24 goals this year, 31, 43, 23 previous 3 years. Certainly doesn't shout out backman.
Yeah, point taken.

Frustrating is the word that comes to mind with him though.

Would still trade him if the price was right.

Reactions: 1 users
If you want to attract future players to your club you don't trade your best long, term contracted players at 25yo. Simple. Especially not when you have ZERO replacement/coverage in the cupboard. How many examples of this instigated by a club? If he wants to go different story. Out of interest what would you accept? Freo current have 12, 13, 14 in the draft.
12 and a player.

Does he want to stay?

Some time ago there was a discussion on the subject.

Basically that we would never play without trying to win. Coaches and club leaders on and off the field would never allow our culture to sink to the level of a Melbourne (as has occurred with that team in the past) and allow our team to take the field and not try as hard as possible to win.

To day Cumberland, Graham, Macintosh, Sonsie and Short didn’t show up.
All of these have regularly let us down in the past.

Pick younger players, anyone else on the list. Give them a chance.

If Adem continues to persist with any of the group mentioned I’d say he isn’t trying which is disgraceful.
I don't doubt that we try to win every match but too many players don't turn up for the game week in week out. Not always the same players but generally so. Our other trouble is if we have a game plan, and to my mind it is carefully hidden, then the players are not playing to it. We blame our kids and some quite rightly so but a number of our senior players are simply not leading as they should. I think we have seen enough of some of the cubs but there are others who we should try to see what they have especially as it is safe to assume our season is shot to hell. We just have to use the trade and draft this year wisely so hope the Chris Toce is up to it

Sonsie poor there.

He is such a low impact performer. Doesn't seem to have the speed or tank or desire for AFL.
He's struck me from the outset as just a handy VFL type. What AFL traits does he manifest. His disposal is not anything like elite at this level as some rave.