Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17

Yeah I logged on, read a few comments last night and went to bed. The negative nellies were out in force. We did a lot right last night, but our ball use vs theirs was the clear difference. We couldn't move the ball forward to the advantage of our forwards, they could. Some of that was slow transition both ways for us, but some comes down to skills. I actually thought we played quite well, just things broke down as we were trying to score.
There's a cohort who are pathological. Its not a lot of posters thankfully. They never change, Even when were winning 18 games a year they'd still go beserk and want to sack everyone if we lost a quarter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
There's a cohort who are pathological. It’s not a lot of posters thankfully. They never change, Even when were winning 18 games a year they'd still go beserk and want to sack everyone if we lost a quarter.
Sack them all. Did we win a quarter? If we didn't, sack them all 4 times.
Who’ve we got next week? If they don’t win a quarter do it again.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, it's not overall lack of effort, we matched them in clearances, tackles, contested. Damning stat for me is metres gained 6699 to 5631. Bounces 3 to 12. It is the ability to spread and run. I think overall we're a very slow team.
Slow and the worst kicking side in the AFL. Skills are deplorable. Do the recruiters have any F I ? Thank god that RICHARD CRANIUM has gone to the Wet Toast.

Reactions: 1 users
There's a cohort who are pathological. Its not a lot of posters thankfully. They never change, Even when were winning 18 games a year they'd still go beserk and want to sack everyone if we lost a quarter.
We are all guilty of this at some time or other but it should be remembered that this is a Tigers afficendo forum and we all have opinions some people will agree with and some people will disagree with. Having differing opinions make this forum so enjoyable to read and discuss so I won't hammer someone's opinion just because I disagree with it unless I can put up an argument with it.

We are all guilty of this at some time or other but it should be remembered that this is a Tigers afficendo forum and we all have opinions some people will agree with and some people will disagree with. Having differing opinions make this forum so enjoyable to read and discuss so I won't hammer someone's opinion just because I disagree with it unless I can put up an argument with it.
Yeah anyone can say whatever they want. I'm just calling it out for what it is, a small pathologically negative fringe. Thats a broad observation. I do put up arguments against some of the individuals sometimes, its not hard, but at the same time its totally pointless,

Thought I'd allow a good nights sleep to reflect upon last nights game.....

It's a strange emotion that I felt when NORF won yesterday! I was actually happy that we were now possible/likely to win the wooden spoon and what DRAFT advantage that may or may not provide (especially with the TAS draft coming in a few years.

When we beat Sydney in Rd 4 (?) we showed that the team was starting to gel under the new Coach and that our older players still had firepower - especially where Lynch provided a focal point and the other forwards were competitive against the next best defenders......

Then injury Armageddon struck: never have I seen our beloved Tigers so decimated by injury and rightly or wrongly there came a point when (put simply) we were not vying for the eight .... we weren't even vying for ninth!!! :)

Our midfield went from: Dusty, Prestia, Taranto, Hopper, Graham, to a bunch of 20-22you kids

So - as much as it hurt - I accepted each game for what it was:

a. a chance to blood and see whether our juniors can take the next steps
b. recognition that (on occasion) senior players would not be at 100% because there was questionable outcome (especially when the KPI might not be to WIN necessarily)
c. a chance to develop the gameplan under YZE

etc etc

For example - there's no doubt in my mind that Balta offers more playing back and this can limit scoreline damage - but - in 2025 - assuming Gibcus, Young and Blight (possibly Miller) resume well - then his role is forward with Lynch and Mykelti - so lets play him forward and work development around this.

Lets face it Kotschiske is an absolute HACK. He has no role in 2025 unless injuries again cruel us - but - in the interim we use him as part of the structure/development and then farewell him back to VFL ASAP.

Therefore - last night - when Rioli, Baker, Vlastuin, Broad (even Shai to a degree) played 'poor' games I accept (hope?) that the club has the bigger picture in mind - even to the point where I hope the players protect their body somewhat and avoid more passengers on the Long Term injury list.

As to the juniors.............. well .................... last night we saw again (as will the Coaching staff) that some of them are questionable.

Maybe they simply don't have it?
Maybe they are being played out of position?
Maybe some of them were signed up questionably?

BUT - we have to believe that the club and YZE know what their doing.............

I for one was screaming for Hardwicks scalp at the end of 2016 and I've eaten enough humble pie to last a life time.

IMHO Cumberland, Ralphsmith, Dow, Sonsie, Mansell, Campbell are all concerning. They simply aren't showing sufficient potential
IMHO Sampson, Blight, McAuliffe, Brown, Young and possibly Miller do

IMHO Prestia, Grimes, Dusty and several others will be leaving (Baker? Bolton?)

As such - lets take the wooden spoon - draft picks - re calibrate - and see what the art of the possible is in 2025 (and onwards)

"Winning games" in 2024 is not the No1 KPI (IMHO)
YES Sir!

Yeah anyone can say whatever they want. I'm just calling it out for what it is, a small pathologically negative fringe. Thats a broad observation. I do put up arguments against some of the individuals sometimes, its not hard, but at the same time its totally pointless,
I sometimes log on during the game. It's just the irrational stuff that so many footy supporters carry on with. No need for the thought police. It's usually exaggerated and fairly lighthearted. You know the regulars will be on, so what is it that draws you to the thread?

Some like to vent.

Some find it funny and others are offended, but you know what to expect.

I've never done this, but I imagine there is a block facility if you are aggrieved.

I sometimes log on during the game. It's just the irrational stuff that so many footy supporters carry on with. No need for the thought police. It's usually exaggerated and fairly lighthearted. You know the regulars will be on, so what is it that draws you to the thread?

Some like to vent.

Some find it funny and others are offended, but you know what to expect.

I've never done this, but I imagine there is a block facility if you are aggrieved.
Dunno if aggrieved is the right word. Its not thought police, thats silly, its debate, argument. Its just like the pub, if someone is endlessly sounding off about something, some people will ignore them, some will tell them to shut up, some will try and engage in an argument. There is no thought police.

People can say whatever they want. And people can respond however they want.

Reactions: 1 user
Some see the glass as half full, some half empty and some are so angry and frustrated that they have smashed the glass into little pieces so nothing will ever be seen in it again.

Like all all debates there is usually two sides . By all means if the convo is disrespectful then complain. If not then respect the opinions of others while holding to your own view. Been a lot of good posters here both positive and negative that have had me question and sometimes change my opinion

Most of my posts atm are mired in 2021 and before. Im still going on about the lack of attention to detail and what imo was a lack of succession planning. I am going to dig in especially when what ive said is now coming to fruition..

It is a nonsense to suggest we got every thing right when clealy we didn't.
Those who have got it right should not be trodden on for being right positive or negative.
Way too often some of us cop thats all good with hindsight. Reality with some it has been being said for years on end.

Ya know its easy to stick a boot in when we lose its still the same when we win. We get things wrong its those who learn from that who are smart regardless of what camp you started in..

How do i get some one to grasp something ive been saying for three or four years in this years time frame.

My god over the years i would say i have been wrong on so many things or even more pertinant wrong in other ways.Does that even make sense?

We are too ready to jump all over posters just because we disagree.

Wow i really need Dyerer or even Leysey god forbid to decipher all that.

I hear you. I just ignore the stupid and unnecessary comments and enjoy the ones that have worthwhile content. Life is too short to worry about the pillocks of society