Game Day Thread - Tigers V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread - Tigers V Eagles

Fox Footy said after the game it was Richmond’s biggest win in 47 years. So that’s 1975.

I thought we had some really big wins in our 1980 flag year so had a look. We won no less than 4 games by greater than tonight’s margin. Including a 152 point win against Saints.

So 42 years. A bit of research wouldn’t go astray.
We also beat St. Kilda by 113 points in 1985.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol, I backed the Tigers at -9.5 earlier in the week.

Oh stoopid bookmakers, how I love thee.

Reactions: 1 user
How was the League playing their last game as Fitzroy in Perth and not in Melb

Incredible wasn’t it.

Credit to Freo though. The club did a magic job farewelling the Lions. So emotional.

They had a lady sing Auld Lang Syne before the game and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.

Reactions: 1 users
They have no idea really.

151 points over Fitzroy in 1996. Just looked it up
So 47 years? No hang on 40 years. Wait 37 years. Oops actually it’s 26 years!!

How do some people get these jobs? That’s terrible research.

So 47 years? No hang on 40 years. Wait 37 years. Oops actually it’s 26 years!!

How do some people get these jobs? That’s terrible research.
As I posted above, Actually the wording isn't correct. We won by 110 v Foots in 1980 and then the next biggest was 107 against South in 1975 which is that 47 years mentioned.

Those O.O. lights are fantastic for footy, much brighter and a very even light across the ground. Much better contested marking tonight by the Tiges due to poorer opposition and also perhaps the better lighting making it easier to judge the ball flight.