Game Day Thread - Tigers V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread - Tigers V Eagles

Didnt realise
But good enough to beat Collingwood in Melbourne were the Eagles.

That makes me smile and underscores how sweet it is to beat the Eagles on their home pitch.

Just remember those 7.5 m kicks from last year. Even the umpires have to bow to the tigers tonight!!!

Reactions: 2 users
151 points over Fitzroy in 1996. Just looked it up
That was the shittest day at the footy I ever went to.

Was terrible.

My missus at the time was a Roys fan her dad played for them and he was in the function room with the rest of the Roy Boys former players.

Reactions: 3 users
Was at the game.

Man was that fun!

Best atmosphere ever at a game at Optus IMO, that is, none.

Eagles fans giving it toJack Darling. Worth the price of admission alone.
Well, lucky someone is, because I reckon his non-vaxxing Missus has closed up shop after he changed his mind about getting the jab.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
They have no idea really.

151 points over Fitzroy in 1996. Just looked it up
That was the last game the Royboys played in Melbourne.
It was a Sunday afternoon and the whole crowd cheered the Fitzroy players off the ground.

Reactions: 2 users
Fox Footy said after the game it was Richmond’s biggest win in 47 years. So that’s 1975.

I thought we had some really big wins in our 1980 flag year so had a look. We won no less than 4 games by greater than tonight’s margin. Including a 152 point win against Saints.

So 42 years. A bit of research wouldn’t go astray.

Reactions: 5 users
That was the last game the Royboys played in Melbourne.
It was a Sunday afternoon and the whole crowd cheered the Fitzroy players off the ground.
Was there that day.

Didn’t the great Doug Hawkins play in that game at the G? Going by memory.

How was the League playing their last game as Fitzroy in Perth and not in Melb

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
That was the shittest day at the footy I ever went to.

Was terrible.

My missus at the time was a Roys fan her dad played for them and he was in the function room with the rest of the Roy Boys former players.
With you there Craig.

I wasn’t at the game but when I saw the score flash up on the TV after the game I felt so bad.

WC tanking. Seems to be a cycle. Didn't seem to give a stuff they were getting flogged, the senior players were having a chuckle about it.

Reactions: 1 users