Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf

Panted?!?!

26 disposals, 14 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles and a lazy 41 hitouts.

Lot of reasons we lost to Brisbane in the EF but Nank was not one of them.

Alot of those hitouts were to disadvantage

Reactions: 1 users
There was only one reason …the ARC
Tom basically making a disaster out of an easy shot which lead to the ARC involvement.

Then no bastard punching the ball through for a behind .........even worse.

Tigers killed themselves last year with brainless dumb footy and poor conversion at times which wouldve killed off opponents allowing them back in.

Did my head in last year it was as frustrating as I can remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
The commentators called it as Mansell but it was surely Clarke who thumped it 50 metres and Dusty didn't have to break stride to kick his dribbler goal. He's a beautiful kick, Juddy, no knock on Mansell but doubt he could kick a beauty like that off his non preferred!
100% it was JC. Miraculous kick

Reactions: 2 users
So it seems we were not actually murdered by the umpires after all ... for what it is worth having a tough run with the umpires never stopped us winning 3 premierships.

Pre season games are to look for positives, for improvement, for encouraging signs. Players are played out of position to test them, they may get far fewer opportunities that usual, worry less about what they got wrong on what was their first hit out against another team.

While the result is not particularly important it should be noted that there is an obvious improvement ... we beat North by 2 points, last time we met they beat us by 4 points ^^ thats a one goal improvement ^^

The club has gone *smile* the ARC process, *smile* umpires & *smile* the AFL this year. Take destiny into your own hands.
Early days sure but I think we have the redemption edge again. I'm excited.

Reactions: 6 users
Toim basically making a disaster out of an easy shot which lead to the ARC involvement.

Then no bastard punching the ball through for a behind .........even worse.

Tigers killed themselves last year with brainless dumb footy and poor conversion at times which wouldve killed off opponents allowing them back in.

Did my head in last year it was as frustrating as I can remember.
Don’t disagree when any of that but it doesn’t change the fact that it was a goal

Reactions: 3 users
Watched the replay, some of the kids are exciting!

Just on Dennis... Hes a gun who hasnt played in basically 12 months... Will take time to ease into season, does a power of hard word that isnt always seen. TT will most likely get the media attention and Hop will probably go under the radar as many others have over the years.

My only concern as was with Dion 6 years ago is injuries (read the early Dion thread, its hilarious with many saying hes a dud and a midget etc), if he can put a few years in without injuries i seriously doubt anyone on this forum will question his value.

Should’ve picked Narkle. At least he’s plug and play with where we’re at.
Nah. Everyone already knows what Narkle brings n it's just another medium sized average player. Bradtke's one that'll be worth looking at properly after he's done a full season at VFL level and another pre season. Might have nothin, might have plenty but it'll take a whole year just to get him up to the level of a professional footballer.

Reactions: 8 users
First hit out and some good and some bad.

Negatives
The biggest concern for me once again is big Nank. Yep gives his all but his CB work and stoppages around ground are such a negative for us. He literally gives the opposition an advantage. Doesnt get off the ground and continually gives opponent first use of ball. Going to cost us this year against the better teams.

Concerned pushing Cotch fwd is going to cost Noah his spot. Would be a bad move if it happens. Noah has X factor and gives a completely different aspect to our fwd line.

Mansell is no good.

Ralpsmith should have been traded while the currency was high. Panic merchant.

Short is another massive concern. Cannot play midfield. Offers nothing but panicked kicks and handballs. Will be another costly player.

Ross. Just a nothing player unfortunately. Not sure where he is at.

Still seemed to concede goals at will from counter attacks. Big concern

Bradtke. Cant see why we bothered with this pick. Yes we need some talls but cannot see this kid making it.

Positives
J. Clarke is a beauty. Fantastic foot skills and could easily play round 1

Taranto is going to be massive. Covers the ground and will hit the scoreboard

Hopper will be a quiet achiever but will be crucial at stoppages

Martin. Looked back to some scary form. Wont be hitting the midfield much but will cause chaos in the fwd line.

Seth looks a real player

MRJ will bring carnage

Bolton, Lynch and Pickett still to come.
Agree with a fair portion of your thoughts. However really harsh on a few players. Writing off Bradtke after 2 qtrs is a bit extreme. Horrendous conditions for a key forward, plus he’s raw and this year is all about development. So maybe just give him a smidge longer then 2 qtrs until you demand his delisting.
Also, not sure what game you were watching but Mansell was decent. You may not rate him but have to give credit where credits due.
Lastly, way to harsh on Ross. I implore you to watch the elimination final again, not to mention several games leading up to that. He was in our 3 best players and showed he belongs at the level.

Reactions: 6 users
Agree with a fair portion of your thoughts. However really harsh on a few players. Writing off Bradtke after 2 qtrs is a bit extreme. Horrendous conditions for a key forward, plus he’s raw and this year is all about development. So maybe just give him a smidge longer then 2 qtrs until you demand his delisting.
Also, not sure what game you were watching but Mansell was decent. You may not rate him but have to give credit where credits due.
Lastly, way to harsh on Ross. I implore you to watch the elimination final again, not to mention several games leading up to that. He was in our 3 best players and showed he belongs at the level.
Yeah, writing a guy off who’s come from country footy after 2 quarters of a scratch match is unfair. And I too like Mansell game.

Yeah, writing a guy off who’s come from country footy after 2 quarters of a scratch match is unfair. And I too like Mansell game.
Also Bradtke lined up against Aiden Corr who has played 100 AFL games. Wasn’t like he was up against some random kid. Give him time

Reactions: 2 users
Samson Ryan stood out for me.
Put a bit of weight on and better coordination.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hoping to see the Cummerbund in action from round one. Pressure, intensity, creativity, stuff just always seems to happen whenever the ball is in his vicinity. Got pinged late in the game for that run down tackle on their fifty metre arc, but geez it was a blistering chase.

• Love