Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf

Sorry. Just cant see it with Ross. If he is in the 1sts then that means we are in trouble with injuries.

Who would you put Ross ahead of out of Taranto, Hooper, Prestia, Pickett, Baker, Sonsie, Graham for him to be in at Round 1?
Ross in best players in last years elim , he’s not a worry for us , my only real concern was lack of aerial strength , not too many towering marks ,,,did Tarant play

Reactions: 1 users
ok, was a bit hard to see on TV but im watching the replay tomorrow so will have a closer look
I can help you.

Very first centre bounce of the first quarter. Then boundary throw in at 22.11 to go. Throw up at 18.09 to go (although he wasn’t shoulder to shoulder with LDU..it was Tom Powell). Centre bounce at 12.07 (was actually Zurhaar not LDU).

LDU got another clearance with about 3.30 to go but that was on Short not Hopper.

Otherwise, they’re the 4 one on ones in the 1st quarter that Scoop, spook, pook… whatever his name is… is talking about.

I can help you.

Very first centre bounce of the first quarter. Then boundary throw in at 22.11 to go. Throw up at 18.09 to go (although he wasn’t shoulder to shoulder with LDU..it was Tom Powell). Centre bounce at 12.07 (was actually Zurhaar not LDU).

LDU got another clearance with about 3.30 to go but that was on Short not Hopper.

Otherwise, they’re the 4 one on ones in the 1st quarter that Scoop, spook, pook… whatever his name is… is talking about.
I was curious so I had a look… Wow you’re very harsh :ROFLMAO:the first one was a lucky bounce into LDUs lap (it did an off break past Nank), the second the hitout went straight to LDU at pace, the third one LDU intercepted a hand pass so Hopper once again had no chance, and the last one Zurhaar got a free kick after being pushed in the back which was unfortunate. I can’t see any way that Hopper could’ve handled those differently except maybe get in front of Zurhaar or not tackle him crudely? Otherwise the other 3 were out of his control!

Oh and one last thing… Zurhaar got Hopper high before he pushed him in the back anyway ;)26CF25A5-6680-4E7F-A474-19DEDA5FAC3E.jpeg

Last edited:
I was curious so I had a look… Wow you’re very harsh :ROFLMAO:the first one was a lucky bounce into LDUs lap, the second the hitout went straight to him at pace, the third one LDU intercepted a hand pass so Hopper once again had no chance, and the last one Zurhaar got a free kick after being tackled by a different player so I have no idea how that’s Hopper’s fault. I can’t see any way that Hopper could’ve handled those differently :unsure:
That’s his man. Each time his man wins. Tough.

And Zurhaar WAS tackled by Hopper. You need to watch closer.

1677229967514.jpeg

I was curious so I had a look… Wow you’re very harsh :ROFLMAO:the first one was a lucky bounce into LDUs lap (it did an off break past Nank), the second the hitout went straight to LDU at pace, the third one LDU intercepted a hand pass so Hopper once again had no chance, and the last one Zurhaar got a free kick after being pushed in the back which was unfortunate. I can’t see any way that Hopper could’ve handled those differently except maybe get in front of Zurhaar or not tackle him crudely? Otherwise the other 3 were out of his control!
That’s his man. Each time his man wins. Tough.

And Zurhaar WAS tackled by Hopper. You need to watch closer.

View attachment 18207
Sorry yes I edited the message a bit late after I saw it was Hopper. Lol so assy bounces, a hitout straight to LDU and a turnover from Prestia is all Hoppers fault and means he got flogged? Rightio

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ross in best players in last years elim , he’s not a worry for us , my only real concern was lack of aerial strength , not too many towering marks ,,,did Tarant play
Tarrant came on like 4th qtr same as Cumberland

Reactions: 1 user
Just on nank. Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but do we want him going hard in a scratch match at Arden st? I don’t. I’d like to see how our mids go when they’re not getting east ball in the centre. I’d cool my jets on any negative Rick work from the great man. We need him hanging around in 6 months time.

Sorry yes I edited the message a bit late after I saw it was Hopper. Lol so assy bounces, a hitout straight to LDU and a turnover from Prestia is all Hoppers fault and means he got flogged? Rightio
LDU had a big quarter. Even the commentators said as much. And that was Hopper’s direct opponent for much of it. Tough.

Nobody cares about bounces or who wins the tap out. Clearly LDU read it all better in the first quarter than Hopper did. Again, tough.

But don’t worry. I’m sure Hopper will be BOG next week and win the JD. Just not today. He was just ok today and nothing more. There were plenty of others who were better for us today.

Reactions: 2 users
LDU had a big quarter. Even the commentators said as much. And that was Hopper’s direct opponent for much of it. Tough.

Nobody cares about bounces or who wins the tap out. Clearly LDU read it all better in the first quarter than Hopper did. Again, tough.

But don’t worry. I’m sure Hopper will be BOG next week and win the JD. Just not today. He was just ok today and nothing more.
Yeh that’s fine but I feel like people are being overly harsh on Hopper and it’s not warranted

Yeh that’s fine but I feel like people are being overly harsh on Hopper and it’s not warranted
Meh. Don’t think so. Think you’re being a bit precious. Nobody’s saying he’s not going to be a great player for us. Just today he was so-so. Plenty of others were ahead of him.

Like I say, I expect he’ll have a great year.

I'm sure. Four times in the first q Hopper and LDU were shoulder to shoulder at stoppage. Four times LDU got the pill, cleanly. A couple of times he beat Hopper for pace/anticpation, a couple of times for strength.

He'll improve. LDU is a comer.

Yeah, and it keeps headbutting the windmill.

Maybe it's a donkey.
Meh. Don’t think so. Think you’re being a bit precious. Nobody’s saying he’s not going to be a great player for us. Just today he was so-so. Plenty of others were ahead of him.

Like I say, I expect he’ll have a great year.
If I’m being precious you’re being pedantic :ROFLMAO: call it a truce and let’s see how they all go against a more superior midfield next Saturday (y)

If I’m being precious you’re being pedantic :ROFLMAO: call it a truce and let’s see how they all go against a more superior midfield next Saturday (y)
Nah I’m not being pedantic and neither are others. Just calling it as it is: just a so-so, ok game. Nothing special. Not everyone can be “great”. Simple fact of football. If they were then we’d have won by 100.

He’ll be better for the run.

Just on nank. Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but do we want him going hard in a scratch match at Arden st? I don’t. I’d like to see how our mids go when they’re not getting east ball in the centre. I’d cool my jets on any negative Rick work from the great man. We need him hanging around in 6 months time.
Thing is, Nank only knows one way, and that’s to go hard.

Thing is, Nank only knows one way, and that’s to go hard.

That was the knock on Stevie Morris - got worked out as the oppo teams knew he would always go too hard and lost his feet often.

Playing smarter is arguably more important than playing harder.

Nank needs to have a better grasp on when to go harder. He got panted in the final against Brisbane last year and tapped straight to Lachie Neale often.

That was the knock on Stevie Morris - got worked out as the oppo teams knew he would always go too hard and lost his feet often.

Playing smarter is arguably more important than playing harder.

Nank needs to have a better grasp on when to go harder. He got panted in the final against Brisbane last year and tapped straight to Lachie Neale often.
Panted?!?!

26 disposals, 14 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles and a lazy 41 hitouts.

Lot of reasons we lost to Brisbane in the EF but Nank was not one of them.

Reactions: 6 users