Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf

Thoughts on Tom Brown from esteemed watchers...

Last edited:
Him and vlastuin were great in the first 2 quarters, when the intensity was there

My best would be

Dion, Tarranto, Dusty, Vlastuin, Danny, Cotchy

Best of Gen next would be

Ryan, Clarke, Campbell
Thought Brown was good early too.

First hit out and some good and some bad.

Negatives
The biggest concern for me once again is big Nank. Yep gives his all but his CB work and stoppages around ground are such a negative for us. He literally gives the opposition an advantage. Doesnt get off the ground and continually gives opponent first use of ball. Going to cost us this year against the better teams.

Concerned pushing Cotch fwd is going to cost Noah his spot. Would be a bad move if it happens. Noah has X factor and gives a completely different aspect to our fwd line.

Mansell is no good.

Ralpsmith should have been traded while the currency was high. Panic merchant.

Short is another massive concern. Cannot play midfield. Offers nothing but panicked kicks and handballs. Will be another costly player.

Ross. Just a nothing player unfortunately. Not sure where he is at.

Still seemed to concede goals at will from counter attacks. Big concern

Bradtke. Cant see why we bothered with this pick. Yes we need some talls but cannot see this kid making it.

Positives
J. Clarke is a beauty. Fantastic foot skills and could easily play round 1

Taranto is going to be massive. Covers the ground and will hit the scoreboard

Hopper will be a quiet achiever but will be crucial at stoppages

Martin. Looked back to some scary form. Wont be hitting the midfield much but will cause chaos in the fwd line.

Seth looks a real player

MRJ will bring carnage

Bolton, Lynch and Pickett still to come.
Harsh on Ross. One of the few who was clean and composed today. I have him in round 1.

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Harsh on Ross. One of the few who was clean and composed today. I have him in round 1.
Sorry. Just cant see it with Ross. If he is in the 1sts then that means we are in trouble with injuries.

Who would you put Ross ahead of out of Taranto, Hooper, Prestia, Pickett, Baker, Sonsie, Graham for him to be in at Round 1?

Read this whole thread still cant work out if we won. Can someone plesae advise end score?
We won 4 times.

We won after the first 4 periods, ostensibly the best 22 players for a full match.

We won the last two periods, which was VFL sides for a half.

We won the first sudden death match simulation where we had to stay a goal up for 2 minutes.

We won the second sudden death match simulation where we started a goal behind.

Pretty comprehensive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry. Just cant see it with Ross. If he is in the 1sts then that means we are in trouble with injuries.

Who would you put Ross ahead of out of Taranto, Hooper, Prestia, Pickett, Baker, Sonsie, Graham for him to be in at Round 1?

Well at the moment three of those are injured, so them.

I would also have him in over hopper.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
First hit out and some good and some bad.

Negatives
The biggest concern for me once again is big Nank. Yep gives his all but his CB work and stoppages around ground are such a negative for us. He literally gives the opposition an advantage. Doesnt get off the ground and continually gives opponent first use of ball. Going to cost us this year against the better teams.

Concerned pushing Cotch fwd is going to cost Noah his spot. Would be a bad move if it happens. Noah has X factor and gives a completely different aspect to our fwd line.

Mansell is no good.

Ralpsmith should have been traded while the currency was high. Panic merchant.

Short is another massive concern. Cannot play midfield. Offers nothing but panicked kicks and handballs. Will be another costly player.

Ross. Just a nothing player unfortunately. Not sure where he is at.

Still seemed to concede goals at will from counter attacks. Big concern

Bradtke. Cant see why we bothered with this pick. Yes we need some talls but cannot see this kid making it.

Positives
J. Clarke is a beauty. Fantastic foot skills and could easily play round 1

Taranto is going to be massive. Covers the ground and will hit the scoreboard

Hopper will be a quiet achiever but will be crucial at stoppages

Martin. Looked back to some scary form. Wont be hitting the midfield much but will cause chaos in the fwd line.

Seth looks a real player

MRJ will bring carnage

Bolton, Lynch and Pickett still to come.
I was there too and agree with all but will add -
Ross on a wing again, why? There was a dead wing with a strong cross breeze. Ross spent a lot of time on the dead side. He is unlucky this kid.
Especially with short foundering in the middle. Why not swap them?

I watched Cumberland off the ball - he just reads the play ahead of his backman again and again. Amazingly instinctive footballer, has to play.

Narkle would have been handy today !

Reactions: 4 users
I was there too and agree with all but will add -
Ross on a wing again, why? There was a dead wing with a strong cross breeze. Ross spent a lot of time on the dead side. He is unlucky this kid.
Especially with short foundering in the middle. Why not swap them?

I watched Cumberland off the ball - he just reads the play ahead of his backman again and again. Amazingly instinctive footballer, has to play.

Narkle would have been handy today !
Could be right regarding Ross and just being screwed with his positioning. Also agree with Short on a wing as opposed to the guts so not sure what the coaches are thinking there. Frustrating.

Tbh i think Narkle would have been the better call for spot as cant see Bradtke doing anything. Waste of a spot. That 71 that kicked 2 goals for our ressies showed more than Bradtke

Also want to say that not sure if a positive or negative but Prestia is still our best midfielder

Reactions: 2 users
Should’ve picked Narkle. At least he’s plug and play with where we’re at.

Reactions: 1 users