Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf

Seth Campbell will play senior football in the 1st half of this year. Long time since I've seen one of our rookies show that much class.
He's only slight, could you use him as a pull-through, I'm inclined to agree with you though.

For those who missed the game, or want to watch it again, it's being replayed now on 504.

Yes won by 2 points, they then played 5th & 6th quarters, where a lot of our VFL players played, when won that by about 4 goals.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone kept count of the frees?
The dumpires surely hate the black and yellow.
Wife reckons there was about 40 to North.
Only a practice game I know but not a lot to enthuse about.
We were playing the bottom side from last year and could only win by 2 points.
Compare this effort to the one by the Cats.
Like chalk and cheese.
I actually did for the first three quarters as I rewatched it (as I thought we’d been reamed again!)

Qrt 1: North 6, us 7
Qrt 2: North 7, Us 7
Qrt 3: North 5 us 6.

F50, North 3, Us 1.

so we’d done better than I first thought.

Reactions: 1 user
Our two tall boys, Miller and Ryan, showed encouraging signs.

There were times it looked like we could score at will, and others we seemed to be trying a new game plan or tactic that we were still getting used too.

Reckon there'll be True Romance between Taranto and the Richmond faithful this year.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually did for the first three quarters as I rewatched it (as I thought we’d been reamed again!)

Qrt 1: North 6, us 7
Qrt 2: North 7, Us 7
Qrt 3: North 5 us 6.

F50, North 3, Us 1.

so we’d done better than I first thought.
It's goals that teams get against us from free kicks that annoys me, we don't seem to get too many.

First hit out and some good and some bad.

Negatives
The biggest concern for me once again is big Nank. Yep gives his all but his CB work and stoppages around ground are such a negative for us. He literally gives the opposition an advantage. Doesnt get off the ground and continually gives opponent first use of ball. Going to cost us this year against the better teams.

Concerned pushing Cotch fwd is going to cost Noah his spot. Would be a bad move if it happens. Noah has X factor and gives a completely different aspect to our fwd line.

Mansell is no good.

Ralpsmith should have been traded while the currency was high. Panic merchant.

Short is another massive concern. Cannot play midfield. Offers nothing but panicked kicks and handballs. Will be another costly player.

Ross. Just a nothing player unfortunately. Not sure where he is at.

Still seemed to concede goals at will from counter attacks. Big concern

Bradtke. Cant see why we bothered with this pick. Yes we need some talls but cannot see this kid making it.

Positives
J. Clarke is a beauty. Fantastic foot skills and could easily play round 1

Taranto is going to be massive. Covers the ground and will hit the scoreboard

Hopper will be a quiet achiever but will be crucial at stoppages

Martin. Looked back to some scary form. Wont be hitting the midfield much but will cause chaos in the fwd line.

Seth looks a real player

MRJ will bring carnage

Bolton, Lynch and Pickett still to come.

Reactions: 2 users
Did Daniel play? If so, how did he go?

Him and vlastuin were great in the first 2 quarters, when the intensity was there

My best would be

Dion, Tarranto, Dusty, Vlastuin, Danny, Cotchy

Best of Gen next would be

Ryan, Clarke, Campbell

Reactions: 4 users