Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

Some wise experienced heads On the Couch tonight provided an in depth analysis of yesterday's game. In a nutshell Hardwick got his arse served on a platter. We have quite of few holes (players) that need to be filled. They do not think we have a top 4 list but depends who we may pick up. Our midfield apart from Miles got raped. Martin failed to gain a possession in the forward 50. Ellis/Cotch completely destroyed/tagged out of the game. Cotch should have been moved up forward to shake the tag. Hardwick's game plan is weak especially during finals - does not have a plan B.

A pretty damning summation. Nothing really surprised me with what they said. Dimma needs to ask his wife for more advice.

Tigers of Old said:
Yep. Hope nobody is kidding themselves that we were unlucky to lose. We were lucky we didn't lose by a lot.

No Rance and it was over at 3/4 time. Scoring shot difference was the indicator.

axlefoley said:
Some wise experienced heads On the Couch tonight provided an in depth analysis of yesterday's game. In a nutshell Hardwick got his arse served on a platter. We have quite of few holes (players) that need to be filled. They do not think we have a top 4 list but depends who we may pick up. Our midfield apart from Miles got raped. Martin failed to gain a possession in the forward 50. Ellis/Cotch completely destroyed/tagged out of the game. Cotch should have been moved up forward to shake the tag. Hardwick's game plan is weak especially during finals - does not have a plan B.

A pretty damning summation. Nothing really surprised me with what they said. Dimma needs to ask his wife for more advice.

Lol funny that 6 weeks ago after we beat Hawks they all said we were a flag contender , Brown even said top 4 !

Re: Groundhog Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

Thread title change.

Shut down topic. Move on
We have still too many panic merchants. In one way the best thing that could happen, happened.
Imagine that effort in a GF?
Everyone on this planet got see our lack of class and compursure.
Now it's up to Hardwick to service the machine to get us up higher.

arlobill said:
the most diabolical selections choices in decades by any club....an absolutley pathetic selection...drop two inform small fowards for two average players,at best,neither of whom can kick,neither of whom have had any recent match fitness...we lost the game thursday night..without those changes we would of won..

They weren't in form and no we wouldn't have won, still poor decision anyway.

zippadeee said:
Shut down topic. Move on
We have still too many panic merchants. In one way the best thing that could happen, happened.
Imagine that effort in a GF?
Everyone on this planet got see our lack of class and compursure.
Now it's up to Hardwick to service the machine to get us up higher.

After six seasons how can he service it any differently. How many years will he need to get it right?

Nice of the AFL to come out and say that the call on the Edwards tackle was a mistake. :p

It's bad field umpiring decisions like this that can change a game entirely. Yet despite everyone else except the maggots thinking that was a free kick close to goal, the man up in the box doesn't change the decision. This is a perfect example of why I think goal umpire technology is a complete waste of time when human error by field umpires is still making such a difference leading up to it without any scrutiny whatsoever.

Tigers of Old said:
Nice of the AFL to come out and say that the call on the Edwards tackle was a mistake. :p

It's bad field umpiring decisions like this that can change a game entirely. Yet despite everyone else except the maggots thinking that was a free kick close to goal, the man up in the box doesn't change the decision. This is a perfect example of why I think goal umpire technology is a complete waste of time when human error by field umpires is still making such a difference leading up to it without any scrutiny whatsoever.

It's the norm. Just a formality for these dumpires / MRP no matter how costly is it to players/teams in the end.

How's Luke Ball's form the flog . Reckons cunnington would have been red hot to get pinged . FFs he took 3 steps and was pinged with a perfect tackle it doesn't get any more clear cut than that . Hayden kennedy embarrassed himself stating that his umpires didn't have a good view and don't like to guess . What a joke . Every holding the ball decision when a a player is on the ground with 3 bodies on top of him is a raffle.

Tigers of Old said:

Hope your not saying this one decision was the difference in the game Tooheys. 8-

The lack of pressure on north players in the 3rd qtr was a joke.
Grigg jogging behind when the north player that was running into forward 50.
Deledio was shocking. His kick straight to north, his high tackle on Thompson and the lack of effort to tackle on Norths fifty.
Chaplin spent the qtr screaming at everyone, but he didn't notice the *smile* he did.
Cotchin. Just gave up as soon north hit the lead. His head dropped.
Miles missed tackle on number 27 and then watching Taylor 10 meters behind Harvey.
Conca missed houli by 2 meters and it was lucky to be a 10 meter pass.

zippadeee said:
The lack of pressure on north players in the 3rd qtr was a joke.
Grigg jogging behind when the north player that was running into forward 50.
Deledio was shocking. His kick straight to north, his high tackle on Thompson and the lack of effort to tackle on Norths fifty.
Chaplin spent the qtr screaming at everyone, but he didn't notice the sh!t he did.
Cotchin. Just gave up as soon north hit the lead. His head dropped.
Miles missed tackle on number 27 and then watching Taylor 10 meters behind Harvey.
Conca missed houli by 2 meters and it was lucky to be a 10 meter pass.

Supporters will still be here in 10, 20 & 30 years.

Players will not, end of day how many really want it? Too hard basket.

B2

We have officially become a finals basket case.

Preseason camp should be held at the psychiatrist.

B1 and B2 said:
Supporters will still be here in 10, 20 & 30 years.

Players will not, end of day how many really want it? Too hard basket.

B2

Watching on TV is totally different to watching it live.
At the ground I thought we were gone in the 3rd qtr.
But on TV we played a good 10 minutes in the last qtr, but the missed holding the ball just did destroyed us.

I lost count how many times 3rd man up in marking contest by North destroyed us
We don't have real bone breaking tacklers. Missed tacklers killed miles, Deledio and McIntosh all got tackles broken against them at crucial times.
The 2 shocking *smile* kicks by Conca almost cost me a new TV.
Jack, Martin, miles, grimes, rance hold your heads high.
Conca, Chaplin, hunt, Maric, Cotchin, Deledio, Ellis, Edwards, all disgraceful.
Jogging, going half hearted in contests And waiting for North player to get to the ball first.
At the ground I thought McIntosh was good, running up the wing like a gazelle.
But on TV. He jibbed it, he kicks like donkey and his tackles are cat like.