Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

I'm still really unhappy with this loss and am about as angry as I have been with our football department and players since Wallet's final season.
Something's got to change.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm still really unhappy with this loss and am about as angry as I have been with our football department and players since Wallet's final season.

I'm so pissed off. I'd deluded myself I'd gotten over it, but the north- syd game has brought the nightmare flooding back

They'll beat Sydney by 60 with all their injuries and stuff.

That should have been us. I come here to chat about the club, but I've become disassociated with it. In some respects I wish it would merge or go bankrupt, as then I'd be freed of the emotional bondage that comes with being a Richmond supporter. Choosing this club does not bring happiness.

The_General said:
They'll beat Sydney by 60 with all their injuries and stuff.

That should have been us. I come here to chat about the club, but I've become disassociated with it. In some respects I wish it would merge or go bankrupt, as then I'd be freed of the emotional bondage that comes with being a Richmond supporter. Choosing this club does not bring happiness.

Have felt this way many times General.

Only Richmond supporters know the pain. Just like we knew Griff would miss his shots. We knew Cotch would have a shocker. We knew Chappy would not get past Nahas. We knew we wouldn't get the free against Cunnington. We knew Conca would *smile* up the kick to Houli. We knew that as soon as North chewed up our lead in the first five mins of the 3rd that we were gone.

Its the Richmond way

And we will all back up again next year. Its what we do.

Go Tigers

tbartiger said:

Only Richmond supporters know the pain. Just like we knew Griff would miss his shots. We knew Cotch would have a shocker. We knew Chappy would not get past Nahas. We knew we wouldn't get the free against Cunnington. We knew Conca would *smile* up the kick to Houli. We knew that as soon as North chewed up our lead in the first five mins of the 3rd that we were gone.

Its the Richmond way

Go Tigers

Agree except on cotch. BUT, just cos its happened for 33 years, doesn't mean it will happen forever

I wish Hardwick had the Richmond team watching tonight as we would of smashed Swans.

Blew a great chance last week and I still do not understand how on earth players at this level cannot be ready for a finals game.

Next year will be much harder to get into 8 let alone top 4.

I'm bloody shattered again tonight.

B2

i echo the sentiments of the general and tbartiger.

My word that should of been us tonight giving it to an injury riddled, rudderless sydney.

A team that finishes 8th after the home and away season should never play in a prelim final, while the finals system allows it, that team really doesnt deserve it.

A bunch of old farts, who have all the luck in the world, outsmarting our coaching panel last week, and coming up against an even older bunch of hacks in Sydney.

West Coast will belt them next week, I hope it is by over 100 points.

Fair dinkum Richmond, when will you ever get things right?

tigerjoe said:
i echo the sentiments of the general and tbartiger.

My word that should of been us tonight giving it to an injury riddled, rudderless sydney.

A team that finishes 8th after the home and away season should never play in a prelim final, while the finals system allows it, that team really doesnt deserve it.

A bunch of old farts, who have all the luck in the world, outsmarting our coaching panel last week, and coming up against an even older bunch of hacks in Sydney.

West Coast will belt them next week, I hope it is by over 100 points.

Fair dinkum Richmond, when will you ever get things right?

Sole destroying.... Will introsting Next year. The members will blow the joint up if things go pear shaped

Tigers of Old said:

Me too. Watching tonight just makes it worse.

As is so often the case with this club and with this playing group they have pissed a golden opportunity against the wall with their meek display last week.

Cant get over the captain talking about picking and choosing in a *smile* final.

These blokes just dont care enough, dont want it enough. They are frauds.

tbartiger said:

Its the Richmond way

Go Tigers

That is one hell of a pessimistic view.

I go into a game worrying, but I still stay positive.

zippadeee said:
Sole destroying.... Will introsting Next year. The members will blow the joint up if things go pear shaped
Time for new shoes......

tigersnake said:
I'm so p!ssed off. I'd deluded myself I'd gotten over it, but the north- syd game has brought the nightmare flooding back

Footy can be soul destroying at times. On top of the Tigers loss, two of my sons lost the U15 prelim last Saturday after being undefeated all year. Should have been playing in the granny today. Worst footy weekend ever.

Slowly getting over the loss. Still believe the main reason we lost was a choke, but more complex. Indulge me part of the healing process, not completely accurate of course, and the various factors are interrelated, and hindsight is easy, but FWIW, we lost because:

10% selection of Griff, dumb. The only players you rush back for a final are proven lynchpins, players who are integral to the side and have proven they can play injured or rusty. Griff is so far from this. Thought it when he was selected and thats how it played out.

20% Cotch and Lids injured. I know some may disagree, and thats totally fair enough. But I reckon they were. In hindsight we should have rested them round 23, but hindsight is easy.

10% Not having one more crash and bash, hard mid. Again this illustrates the complexities and interrelatedness, if Cotch had played well, this wouldn't have been a factor. In hindsight, Thomas might have gone well.

10% North's hardness, Ziebell and Cunnington etc, they suit finals, but again, some of our players who should suit finals didn't fire for whatever reason.

20% Dimmas coaching, stick Griff on Waite, go man on man, try a few things for half a quarter. He's rightly copped criticism on here, I personally think he deserves another year given the whole context, but he takes a big part of the rap.

30% Mental baggage, or choking. It's not that we're soft, although we are a little, more that we play like we're scared to lose. We have a heap of baggage, and there is good reason for it. A massive army of passionate supporters, 30 years of complete incompetence, the players and coaches feel it just like us fans do. Its like the Colliwobbles, they are another huge club like us who was starved of success during that period, its just something we have to overcome, and I believe we will, (I really thought we would last week...) Also part of this is that North have zero baggage, nobody except a handful of supporters really care whether they win or lose. They just go out and play, they use it as a strength, as they should. It might sound like sour grapes and I can understand that.

I believe we will overcome the 'Tigerwobbles', even though we haven't won a final we have been progressively overcoming them. We used to never win big games, and often lose to sides we should beat, and get flogged regularly when we did lose. We've overcome all of those that are essential steps.

In spite of all this, we only just lost. I believe we're a better side than North. I remember we beat St K in the early zeros and Grant Thomas said they were a better side than us, he copped a heap. He was right.

anyway, I feel better

tigersnake said:
Slowly getting over the loss. Still believe the main reason we lost was a choke, but more complex. Indulge me part of the healing process, not completely accurate of course, and the various factors are interrelated, and hindsight is easy, but FWIW, we lost because:

10% selection of Griff, dumb. The only players you rush back for a final are proven lynchpins, players who are integral to the side and have proven they can play injured or rusty. Griff is so far from this. Thought it when he was selected and thats how it played out.

20% Cotch and Lids injured. I know some may disagree, and thats totally fair enough. But I reckon they were. In hindsight we should have rested them round 23, but hindsight is easy.

10% Not having one more crash and bash, hard mid. Again this illustrates the complexities and interrelatedness, if Cotch had played well, this wouldn't have been a factor. In hindsight, Thomas might have gone well.

10% North's hardness, Ziebell and Cunnington etc, they suit finals, but again, some of our players who should suit finals didn't fire for whatever reason.

20% Dimmas coaching, stick Griff on Waite, go man on man, try a few things for half a quarter. He's rightly copped criticism on here, I personally think he deserves another year given the whole context, but he takes a big part of the rap.

30% Mental baggage, or choking. It's not that we're soft, although we are a little, more that we play like we're scared to lose. We have a heap of baggage, and there is good reason for it. A massive army of passionate supporters, 30 years of complete incompetence, the players and coaches feel it just like us fans do. Its like the Colliwobbles, they are another huge club like us who was starved of success during that period, its just something we have to overcome, and I believe we will, (I really thought we would last week...) Also part of this is that North have zero baggage, nobody except a handful of supporters really care whether they win or lose. They just go out and play, they use it as a strength, as they should. It might sound like sour grapes and I can understand that.

I believe we will overcome the 'Tigerwobbles', even though we haven't won a final we have been progressively overcoming them. We used to never win big games, and often lose to sides we should beat, and get flogged regularly when we did lose. We've overcome all of those that are essential steps.

In spite of all this, we only just lost. I believe we're a better side than North. I remember we beat St K in the early zeros and Grant Thomas said they were a better side than us, he copped a heap. He was right.

anyway, I feel better
Agree with everything except the bit I bolded. I never heard anything about Lids being injured. He just got tagged hard and as usual against North couldn't shake it. We rested Cotchin in Rd 22, he came back in Rd 23 and collected a lazy 30 possessions, going on that you'd have to think he was ready to go in the EF. He just doesn't seem to handle finals well for whatever reason. I suspect it's a mental frailty and nothing to do with his body at all.

Guys, we have got to get over this. I know we are all grieving and everything but nothing good can come of all this grinding of teeth and search for meaning in a game of football. Take me, for example, I just spent hours gardening. I never do that. I just cleared a whole garden bed with my bare hands. What is the gardener going to think when he reports for duty tomorrow afternoon?

This nonsense has to end right now! I don't even know what I'm doing out there! For all I know, I'm thinking I'm pulling weeds but I'm actually pulling geraniwhazzies and potostrowhozzies. The wife probably paid a bomb to have then put in.

That's not what I should be doing on a Sunday afternoon. I should be reading Punt Road End and posting nonsense about how slow Jarrod Witts is. Did you know that when he ran out onto the MCG recently, 60,000 people heard the Chariots of Fire theme song in their heads?

It's gotta stop.