Game day Mighty Tiges V da Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Mighty Tiges V da Dees

With Balta's physical profile he should be able to rip games apart, but he has no idea.
Why has he gone backwards so rapidly? With all that ability, size and power. I'm seriously wondering about our coaches nowadays. We seem to make players worse, whereas they kick on at other clubs e.g. Naish going very well at WCE. Having a better season than KMac. After all the development we put into him, cut him, and gained nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
We give away too many dumb free kicks
But Dimma says, "We need to get better," "We've got things to work on .... tidy up." Every week at the presser.

Next game, nothing's changed. High tackles are just cheap and lazy, whereas getting down low and wrapping the arms around the torso takes guts. Look at little Bowey's tackles tonight compared to a lot of our players.

Why has he gone backwards so rapidly? With all that ability, size and power. I'm seriously wondering about our coaches nowadays. We seem to make players worse, whereas they kick on at other clubs e.g. Naish going very well at WCE. Having a better season than KMac. After all the development we put into him, cut him, and gained nothing.
Naish is a Vfl player.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitingn for Dimmas we played a bloody good side. We know what we need to do to get better. Not the Richmond way
I'm just about over it. I have serious doubts whether he can develop a more skills-based side rather than a team full of foot-soldiers. Won't work in today's game.
Saints rejected Parker and we grabbed him out of the bargain bin.

We were brave

But jeepers we got real fumbly in the 2nd half. That's pressure for you.
Good for the kids

I'm just about over it. I have serious doubts whether he can develop a more skills-based side rather than a team full of foot-soldiers. Won't work in today's game.
Saints rejected Parker and we grabbed him out of the bargain bin.
We are in whacky land

People say Lynch gets held but he is such a lazy player. Always gets caught behind his player. His hands are just downright terrible. Jack outshone him again tonight
Kept saying similar comments in '21. I though JR was done and stayed a year too long. Played a good half at least tonight. Trouble is he is still our best KPF going on Lynch and Balta's efforts tonight. When your best is 33 ... you are in deep manure.

Kept saying similar comments in '21. I though JR was done and stayed a year too long. Played a good half at least tonight. Trouble is he is still our best KPF going on Lynch and Balta's efforts tonight. When your best is 33 ... you are in deep manure.
You wouldn't know deep manure if you fell over it.

Broady coughed up 2 goals in the 3rd that started their run on and ultimately cost us the game. Plenty of other mistakes went unpunished by the Dees but Broady's stood out because they were punished
Why he tried to play on after a saving mark, will never know. Terrible mistake for such an experienced player. You only have to get a mtr behind the mark and you can do whatever.

We won't get to finals to win for a few years so Reiwoldt, Edwards, Tarrant, , Cotchin, probably Grimes, Martin, Pickett, Lynch is a mute point. Should have begun giving young guys more experience last year. Feel like we're making a mistake again this year.
Feels like we are giving plenty of the kids a go.
But not all at once thrown in the deep end.
Instead surrounded by quality.

I'd only say Miller has been unlucky.

But agree Next week let's see more youth

What a boring, shitful game, and that has nothing to do with us losing, but everything to do with what the AFL have done to it. Thank God we won our flags before the AFL completely *smile* the game.
My sister was over and said the same. Normally loves football.
But such a stop start free kick game. No flow
High pressure and at times the ball pinging around. Then a soft free kick or 3 to spoil it all

When Balta has a stinker is useless
Nakas shouldn't have been captain.
Flappers Castgna And Parker should never play again.
Losing Astbury was much bigger loss then I expected.
Reasoning behind that thought ?

Thought he played very well again today by the way and I have seen nothing in his game that suggests to me the Captaincy is affecting it at all.

That's why you have stats. Because eyes lead to opinions and bias rather than facts.
Not saying you specifically, but go back to what people's "eyes" saw for Rance, Edwards, McIntosh, etc. We'd have delisted them all based off the eyes on PRE.
Happy to disagree.
Fair enough, but personally I just feel Stat's, especially in today's game are way over-emphasised, possesions are meaningless in many caes because its basically keepens-off and kick-to-kick with the rules the way they are these day's, really terrible spectacle to watch as far as years gone by. Stat's DON'T lead to opinions and bias's ? Find that a little hard to agree with, opinions will always be formulated on what fans perceive they see and watch of games, stat's just add to those opinions, doesn't make them facts though or give true indications of how much they contributed to the overall performances in my view though.