Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Is that really what you think?

That a subscription based company who pay massive amounts of money for the right to broadcast the game, is actively trying at avoid talking about a club with one of the largest supporter bases in the game?

You could argue it's a smart ploy. You keep the team with the largest supporter base watching the entire show waiting for some discussion, rather than switching off or over after the RFC chat.

But I don't think it is deliberate. I think the media are just tired an bored talking about how good we are and how we're favourites. It's been going on for 3 years now and lot of their chat is really about who has a chance to take it from us. But it is pissing off the faithful.

Reactions: 1 users
Is that really what you think?

That a subscription based company who pay massive amounts of money for the right to broadcast the game, is actively trying at avoid talking about a club with one of the largest supporter bases in the game?
I think you need to change your name to The Apologist then we would understand the agenda!

You could argue it's a smart ploy. You keep the team with the largest supporter base watching the entire show waiting for some discussion, rather than switching off or over after the RFC chat.

But I don't think it is deliberate. I think the media are just tired an bored talking about how good we are and how we're favourites. It's been going on for 3 years now and lot of their chat is really about who has a chance to take it from us. But it is pissing off the faithful.
I’m wondering if they did the same during Hawthorn’s 3peat era? Somehow I don’t think they did.

That’s probably a fair assessment of the situation.

Well I do prefer it to The Contrarian. ;)

I'm just trying to picture the meeting when the Fox Footy executives are plotting to avoid talking about Richmond at all costs when someone yells out:

"I know, let's put Jack Riewoldt on our flagship, nightly, prime time show more than any other player in the competition!"

That's genius of the Fox plan though Enormous Calf. They know Jack is not well-liked by the general populous so by putting him on the air it undermines everything Richmond stands for and pretty much guarantees we will go into adminstration within two years.

• Haha
Well I do prefer it to The Contrarian. ;)

I'm just trying to picture the meeting when the Fox Footy executives are plotting to avoid talking about Richmond at all costs when someone yells out:

"I know, let's put Jack Riewoldt on our flagship, nightly, prime time show more than any other player in the competition!".

The Fox Footy executives? The same ones that appoint such sage and wise football analysts like David King, Brad Johnson, Leigh Montagna, Gerard Healy and Garry Lyon? Jordan Lewis? Mark Robinson? Tom Morris? The self appointed voice of the game Gerard Whately? Oh yes no doubt those executives are well beyond reproach. Can’t for the life of me work out why Foxtel is bleeding money.

I’m trying to picture the meeting where everyone thought it would be a great idea for David King to take control of a segment on The First Crack where he rambled on for 5 minutes, complete with fancy graphics, about how West Coast might just be able host a preliminary final this year! When they finished 5th on the *smile* ladder :rotfl2

Those executives hey? They’re all over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
That's genius of the Fox plan though Enormous Calf. They know Jack is not well-liked by the general populous so by putting him on the air it undermines everything Richmond stands for and pretty much guarantees we will go into adminstration within two years.

What do you expect from Murdoch scum?

DS

Reactions: 1 user
They talk about us plenty when it's a controversy. Not so much when we're winning everything though.:rolleyes:

The Fox formula is mainly:

Generate discussion about clubs in crisis.
Pump up the underdog.
Talk about 2020 like it's 2014.

So *smile* over footy shows.

Reactions: 8 users
I think the problem is they don’t have much to talk about with us. Lose the centre clearances, play high pressure footy, zone exceptionally well, move the ball forward at all costs. Rinse and repeat game after game after game. Wouldn’t make riveting TV to repeat that week after week.

To be fair, guys like King, How’s his going to understand our game plan? He doesn’t even understand the finals fixture.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Matthew Lloyd on Richmonds premiership chance:

”They’re as tough as ever, they don’t rely on individual players and they’ve still got players to come back in.“

Also Matthew Lloyd earlier this season on Richmond’s premiership chance:

“Give me another month and (Ellis) could quite possibly be (closer to a flag at Gold Coast than Richmond),”

• Haha
  • Wow
Matthew Lloyd on Richmonds premiership chance:

”They’re as tough as ever, they don’t rely on individual players and they’ve still got players to come back in.“

Also Matthew Lloyd earlier this season on Richmond’s premiership chance:

“Give me another month and (Ellis) could quite possibly be (closer to a flag at Gold Coast than Richmond),”
The numptiness of the footy media knows no bounds.

Brian Taylor pondered on Monday night during the Scum-Port game if Travis Boak was going to be a premiership captain :mhihi

• Wow
The numptiness of the footy media knows no bounds.

Brian Taylor pondered on Monday night during the Scum-Port game if Travis Boak was going to be a premiership captain :mhihi
He called , I’m sure their captain Bonar.
He is getting worse with ‘calling of players name incorrectly.

Here's where that doesn't add up. They never got tired of talking about Haw. Or Geel. Or Coll. Or WC. Or Syd. They quite simply do not like talking about us as a great side. Yes it's mentioned. But not ad infinitum. One part of me wants the RFC to be spoken about glowingly ad infinitum. Another doesn't. After we smack the sheizen out of Bris again they'll have to relent somewhat.

Reactions: 3 users
Happy for them to talk up the chances of other clubs. Equally happy to stay under the radar. Couldn't care less that they are not talking about us in glowing terms. Lets just win the Flag this year that's all I'm concerned about!

They talk about us plenty when it's a controversy. Not so much when we're winning everything though.:rolleyes:

The Fox formula is mainly:

Generate discussion about clubs in crisis.
Pump up the underdog.
Talk about 2020 like it's 2014.

So *smile* over footy shows.
Thats the media in general. Over summer it changes to -
someone makes a statement about a rule change idea
every host of every other show spends all day discussing it.