Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I would say there is a 100% chance he will be the next coach appointed in Victoria and probably 80% outside Victoria.

He's 54 next month and it's a young man's game. Pagan is the oldest to win a first flag at 49. As good as Lyon's footy brain is, the game eventually passes everyone by. Has missed his chance IMO.

I would say there is a 100% chance he will be the next coach appointed in Victoria and probably 80% outside Victoria.
Agree. I cant understand how in the AFL we are quick to discard seasoned experienced coaches. Its the only sport in the world where this happens.

If North had half a clue they would get Ross to sit above Rhyce as his football boss.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree. I cant understand how in the AFL we are quick to discard seasoned experienced coaches. Its the only sport in the world where this happens.

If North had half a clue they would get Ross to sit above Rhyce as his football boss.
$$$$
Don’t have to entice Lyon out of a cushy job.

My theory is that they lose their physical presence as they get older, for want of a better term. Their charisma. Their ability to inspire.

Coaches 54yo and above have batted at 44%.

Reactions: 1 user

Take a look at the NBA as the perfect example of this. The same group of coaches just rotate around really going from team to team. Fascinating to watch.

Imho his on the overatted side , been involved in 1 flag in neally 30 years of coaching , Coached a flood type mentality that was horrendous to watch , had genuine superstars but ultimately couldn’t get the job done . Good coach yes, messiah lol no.
Side note Saints playing first finals since he left the club with a burnt out list

Imho his on the overatted side , been involved in 1 flag in neally 30 years of coaching , Coached a flood type mentality that was horrendous to watch , had genuine superstars but ultimately couldn’t get the job done . Good coach yes, messiah lol no.
Side note Saints playing first finals since he left the club with a burnt out list

Still, it was a formidable system in its prime, as is Hardwick's . One day with a young side at Etihad, we didn't score between 13 minutes into the first quarter and 4 minutes into the last. In the third quarter we literally couldn't get out of our own half.

Still, it was a formidable system in its prime, as is Hardwick's . One day with a young side at Etihad, we didn't score between 13 minutes into the first quarter and 4 minutes into the last. In the third quarter we literally couldn't get out of our own half.
It was, my point is simply he gets spoken of as if he coached his teams to many flags , yet he has never achieved the ultimate goal, so I think his overated LTRTR.

Seperate coach LTRTR ,however do you know the ladder positions the teams that Jade Rawlings has been involved Have finished over his career as both player and coach, I could be wrong but I thin’ it’s only a couple of finals series in his time in the game, I’d put that one down to wrong place wrong time

I hope they do. King is obsessed with "who tags Dusty" that makes up his preview of our games.
He has to be obsessed with one of our players now that Rance has retired. He still doesn’t understand how the entire club didn’t spontaneously combust when Alex did his knee.

Imagine the inane drivel that *smile* stick was spouting in 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
So Hardwick complains, 7 years ago, that the umps don't pay frees which are there. He gets crap for that. So, many years later, he figures they just aren't going to pay all the frees which are there, but has to face the fact that the umps still manage to interfere too much.

All I am seeing here is gross inconsistency on the part of the umpires. They get criticised in both directions because they are so woeful you can barely work out what they will do next.

DS

Bringing up a comment from 2013 says so much more about him than it does Dimma.

Weed. He was the one that asked about the umpiring and Hardwick shut him down.
Not sure what we can do about the umpiring its becoming worse.
The 22 last night might else well had be wearing Brisbane socks.
The deliberate not paid, "There was a Brisbane player there" i was closer.
Robinson gets Big V, fair enough
How about when jack gets Robinson?
Rioli's tackle on Rich, Cameron is allowed to sit on the ball.
Its *smile*
I can't believe Hardwick or Gale haven't unleashed on them.

Quite a few blatant stagings over the weekend. Didn’t hear a peep out of any of the commentators. Has there been anything in the media at all about any one of them?

• Angry
Quite a few blatant stagings over the weekend. Didn’t hear a peep out of any of the commentators. Has there been anything in the media at all about any one of them?
Nah, media have moved on from that. I think the game is once the media have jumped on the first outrage they don’t really care for subsequent ones. Not sure why.