Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Seems to be a theme, at the end of "on he couch" Gerard asked Brown to quickly discuss each final, have a guess which one he missed....
Gerard even went with "WCE v Coll any chance Collingwood?"
Stop watching it. You'll be happier.

We win it this yr & it is officially a Dynasty, or shall i say a "Dimmnasty"

It won't stop. They'll then just go on to say Hawthorn won 3 in a row so they're better.
I've stopped giving a *smile* what any of them think. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Richmond wins... it’ll be due to a compromised cup, anyone else it’ll be the greatest triumph over adversity ever

Reactions: 3 users
In reality though, only a Richmond win can give this season any credibility. We're the reigning Premiers. The form team of this period. If we win, it wont be seen as out of the box, or unfair as we were hubbed. For us to win will mean this season isn't much different to other previous seasons when it comes to the Premiers.

If Port were to win, coming from outside the 8 and being able to play home games without hubbing, you could mount a case for it being a season that shouldn't count. Brisbane to a certain extent but at least they were at the pointy end last year. No point mentioning Geelong because they won't make it to the last game. WCE can't win away from home.

So, it's incumbent on the AFL to ensure Richmond are Premiers as that's the only result that can legitimise the 2020 AFL Season.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Did Crimes stage again?
Robbo is going with it in the Hearld Sun.
Im not sure why he hasn't gone after Hawkins who is dangerously pushing player's straight into contests.
He has received alot of messages about it on witter.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Did Crimes stage again?
Robbo is going with it in the Hearld Sun.
Im not sure why he hasn't gone after Hawkins who is dangerously pushing player's straight into contests.
He has received alot of messages about it on witter.
Well that's just disappointing.
The fact that you are following him on Twitter. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They’ll still find ways to declare that this years Premiership is compromised if we do win it. They’ve already started: we apparently got longer rests between games than all of our opponents. They fixtures a lot if our games in QLD, so we didn’t have to travel as much. They will use any and every excuse to devalue our achievements.

Blockhead, is scrapping the bottom of barrel now.
'Port and Brisbane have a clear advantage going into the finals, because they are sleeping in their own beds'
I've been watching footy for over 45 year's ive never seen a pillow take a mark or a doona make a tackle.
Doofus

• Haha
They’ll still find ways to declare that this years Premiership is compromised if we do win it. They’ve already started: we apparently got longer rests between games than all of our opponents. They fixtures a lot if our games in QLD, so we didn’t have to travel as much. They will use any and every excuse to devalue our achievements.
WCE fans complain about our breaks, they actually had better breaks between games than we did.

If we win all I can say is Whoopee F***.

We will have our 13th flag, Richmond will be recorded as the Premiers etc.

To be honest, yes, this season has been compromised. But this is a very unusual year. I'm going to faint and need a strong drink after saying this, possibly even a Bruichladdich X4 (look it up!), but I think the AFL have actually done a good job to make this season happen. I have moved to the position I reckon it does constitute a premiership season (don't worry, willing to retract this if we don't win!).

Plenty of premierships in the past you could call compromised (4 teams in WWI, a few teams dropped out in WWII etc). We still count them, so this one will count no matter who wins - just hope it is us.

DS

Given the *smile* that we (and everyone else) has been through this season and this year, this premiership counts big time for me. If we win it.

Reactions: 4 users
Blockhead, is scrapping the bottom of barrel now.
'Port and Brisbane have a clear advantage going into the finals, because they are sleeping in their own beds'
I've been watching footy for over 45 year's ive never seen a pillow take a mark or a doona make a tackle.
Doofus

The counter argument is that the teams away from home could actually bond closer to each other. There should be more help from the seniors to the kids giving them tips etc honing skills

And in years to come the Victorian teams are going to have a more settled travelling agenda. Interstate games are not going to be the big deal they may have been in the past.

The counter argument is that the teams away from home could actually bond closer to each other. There should be more help from the seniors to the kids giving them tips etc honing skills

And in years to come the Victorian teams are going to have a more settled travelling agenda. Interstate games are not going to be the big deal they may have been in the past.

Bingo.
No excuses

Reactions: 1 user
Is that really what you think?

That a subscription based company who pay massive amounts of money for the right to broadcast the game, is actively trying at avoid talking about a club with one of the largest supporter bases in the game?
Yep. They are that stupid. Is it any wonder they are bleeding money and their subscriptions are getting dropped like hot potatoes?:cool:

No I actually don’t think it’ deliberate but it is undoubtedly subconscious at the very least. So many of these people have only known RFC as an abject failure in the AFL world. The last 4 years has turned the order on it’s head and I think that many of these people don’t like their views to be challenged so rigorously. I think they just want to us to *smile* off back to irrelevance.