Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

1 week after utterly stinking it up v us, Corny declares Clangerfield the best player in the comp "by a mile", cos he kicked a little bag vs a last Q headless Swans. Any moron in the outer can do his "job".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
There was a talkback call this morning on SEN from a Tiges fan questioning the pushing tactics used by Hawkins and how needs to be scrutinised for it. Whateley’s response “Kane what did you make of the free kick paid against Hawkins for the knee to the head yesterday”. Just wow...

Reactions: 1 user
He's developed this really bad habit of pushing people into packs and standing back hoping for the loose ball. It's cowardly and dangerous. The Soldo incident he at least looked like trying to mark, but he did it to Balta when Grimes marked and did it during the Swans game as well.

Reactions: 6 users
Gotta love it when they wished we had Vlas down back when Pickett was out positioned.

Forward to the next quarter and the Pickett intercept is better than sliced bread!

Bloody hell, more flip flops than a mosque!

Pickett looked all at sea on the first one having to try and run back with it and spoil. On the second he came from an angle and always had it covered and there was no likelyhood of a collision. Grimes or Vlas would have spoilt the first one, reckon they got it right.

Reactions: 1 user
He's developed this really bad habit of pushing people into packs and standing back hoping for the loose ball. It's cowardly and dangerous. The Soldo incident he at least looked like trying to mark, but he did it to Balta when Grimes marked and did it during the Swans game as well.
He does it every boundary throw in he takes also.

Reactions: 2 users
There was a talkback call this morning on SEN from a Tiges fan questioning the pushing tactics used by Hawkins and how needs to be scrutinised for it. Whateley’s response “Kane what did you make of the free kick paid against Hawkins for the knee to the head yesterday”. Just wow...

Tiger71. Yep just completely ignored the point. If THEY don't decide the talking points for the week, they don't exist. Some callers, mostly Richmond heads, are asking some fairly probing qns on SEN and dont they just squirm.

Tiger71. Yep just completely ignored the point. If THEY don't decide the talking points for the week, they don't exist. Some callers, mostly Richmond heads, are asking some fairly probing qns on SEN and dont they just squirm.
Tend to dismiss us they do.

Just like his accusation of the ‘silent shooter’ or words to that effect trying to hang Aarts and then having to back peddle and no apology , even when I sent him an email reminder.

Just that smirk and condescending voice of his !

Ha ha old Mince Whateley is so blatantly biased to his Cats. It is pathetic.

Reactions: 2 users
Not what I usually listen to but I overheard Melb ABC afternoon radio today and the topic of AFL Finals came up
And the presenter bloke referred to ....... AFLM

Ha ha old Mince Whateley is so blatantly biased to his Cats. It is pathetic.
I used to think he liked us, because he would stick up for us when we were crap and no threat t his beloved Cats. I’ve since realised that he liked to be seen to pity us, because it made him look like a good bloke. He lost me when he tipped against us in the 2017 GF, because it would be a ‘Richmondy’ thing to do. Wanker!

I used to think he liked us, because he would stick up for us when we were crap and no threat t his beloved Cats. I’ve since realised that he liked to be seen to pity us, because it made him look like a good bloke. He lost me when he tipped against us in the 2017 GF, because it would be a ‘Richmondy’ thing to do. Wanker!

makes it even more important that we smash the cats again whenever we play them this finals series.

As a broadcaster he's very good but he lost over his constant "state of the game" ramblings on Fox & SEN in '18. Any caller on SEN that disagreed with him was cut off before getting thier point across. He got his way re: the rule changes & the game is in a worse state as a result in the views of many, he's rather silent on the matter funnily enough...

Reactions: 1 users
What did he think was “Richmondy”?

Anyway Mincey and Yobbo excelled tonight on AFL360. A whole hour of program and not once did they even mention the best team in the competition and premiership favourite. Quite a remarkable achievement. Discussed every other team in the finals and a few that didn’t make it. But no Richmond.

• Wow
Us losing the GF to the Crows. ‘It would be a Richmondy thing to do’ he said, then he had a little giggle about it. I think he turned when we flogged the Cats in the QF.
What a load of crap from him. So a team makes a GF for the first time in 37 years and is the underdog but somehow it would be “Richmondy” if they lost?

Whateley is a mincey little prick. He’s also as false as they come.