Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Reading the reviews of the Game last night it seems Mason Cox is now a shoe-in for the Brownlow.
AFL fans are apparently in a frenzy.
o_Oo_O
Was scanning to see if this had come up. Dwayne saying he is building for a huge finals campaign. One caller said it was his best game in two years. That is true but also his only good game in two years.

Reactions: 1 user
Flicked on SEN while making dinner this afternoon and Andy Maher and Bob Murphy were discussing Mason Cox. Andy was pumping him up, he said "you have to be a pretty good player to kick 5 in a Prelim." I texted into the show and said "Cox kicked 3 goals in the 2018 Prelim, not 5. Don't add mayo Andy!". It will become like the myth of our 7 MCG games to finish the 2019 season that now seems to have grown into anywhere between 9 and 50!
Could have also added that a genuinely good player like Lynch kicked 5 in a prelim.

Had to LOL listening to Healy and Sam Edmund going through the nominated MVPs for each club, and giving a yes, no, maybe if they are going to be AA this year.

Richmond

Bolton...no
Dusty...maybe
Big V...maybe

Collingwood

Adams...yes
Maynard...yes
Moore...yes

I kid you not

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Had to LOL listening to Healy and Sam Edmund going through the nominated MVPs for each club, and giving a yes, no, maybe if they are going to be AA this year.

Richmond

Bolton...no
Dusty...maybe
Big V...maybe

Collingwood

Adams...yes
Maynard...yes
Moore...yes

I kid you not
I assume Healy had nicnat as a lock for it though

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
He said that NicNat is definitely in but should be awarded two All-Austs to make up for the one he would have won in the year he missed due to his knee injury
And a premiership medallion too.

Found it interesting listening to King and Robbo pre game of the Essendon v Dees game, they both couldn’t believe how Essendon are where they are on the ladder and how they had talent , there it is right there imho they don’t have anywhere near the talent the media try’s to pump up, that’s why they are where they are , lot of good players , however other then Hurley and a fit Daniher I wouldn’t think there are any other genuine A graders ,imho Shiel is the most overatted player going around

Reactions: 1 users
Found it interesting listening to King and Robbo pre game of the Essendon v Dees game, they both couldn’t believe how Essendon are where they are on the ladder and how they had talent , there it is right there imho they don’t have anywhere near the talent the media try’s to pump up, that’s why they are where they are , lot of good players , however other then Hurley and a fit Daniher I wouldn’t think there are any other genuine A graders ,imho Shiel is the most overatted player going around

McGrath is about the only player in there team I would say is A grade. Hurley is good but no better IMO. Daniher still could be A grade but the injuries cast so much of a cloud that he can't be judged at that level.

So they have a team of 1 A grader and a bunch of B to D graders. Why or why are they not playing finals?

Its good for all other clubs, that they have the excuse of blaming Worsfold. I actually heard that the players couldn't understand what Carracella was trying to teach them. He's not teaching them brain surgery, what a bunch of simpletons.

McGrath is about the only player in there team I would say is A grade. Hurley is good but no better IMO. Daniher still could be A grade but the injuries cast so much of a cloud that he can't be judged at that level.

So they have a team of 1 A grader and a bunch of B to D graders. Why or why are they not playing finals?

Its good for all other clubs, that they have the excuse of blaming Worsfold. I actually heard that the players couldn't understand what Carracella was trying to teach them. He's not teaching them brain surgery, what a bunch of simpletons.
Hurley is also closer to the end, yeah McGrath looks like he’ll be very good , I’d need another improved season to give him A grade though

Both Essendon as a club and as a fanbase completely overrate their playing list. I have an Essendon mate who I cannot stand to talk footy with - he clearly has very simple footy IQ and is still in denial about the drugs scandal and Cotchin being awarded the Brownlow over their poor Jobe.

Couldnt happen to a better club.

Reactions: 8 users
They don't want us to play Brisbane

They haven't stopped talking about Richmond/Port Adelaide.

Port will lose to Collingwood so they don't play Geelong.
Brisbane will try everything tonight to win to avoid playing us.

That's why the AFL so stupid these (Rich/Adel, Bris/Carl, Port/Coll) all 3 games should've been played at the same.

Both Lewis & Johnson reckon Port will beat us.
Surprise Surprise
Johnson can't bear that he played 330 games and never went near it.

• Wow
Essendon's list is *smile*. If Robbo and King are saying it's good that's all you need to know.

Stringer, Shiel, Smith :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Both Lewis & Johnson reckon Port will beat us.
Surprise Surprise
Johnson can't bear that he played 330 games and never went near it.
Johnson reckons Geelong still clear premiership favourite :rotfl2 :rotfl2

Not sure there is a bigger deadshit in the footy media.

Reactions: 8 users
Johnson reckons Geelong still clear premiership favourite :rotfl2 :rotfl2

Not sure there is a bigger deadshit in the footy media.
Yep I nearly fell of my recliner when he said that. He is clueless and anti Richmond.

Reactions: 3 users