Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Can't win with the media best as Dimma says we worry about our 4 walls.Win ,loose or draw always it's about the other team etc.We're best backs against the wall.

Reactions: 1 user
The evenness of the losses of ablett selwood rohan (stanley, jenkins both dropped so do not count) v Prestia Edwards Astbury to each side has one asterisk.

Our boys have not played as much footy this year as their outs. Ours will be fresher but rustier and not match fit. Prestia and Edwards are historically slow to ramp up coming back from injury. Hardwick will take them all into a final but it is a risk.

Reading the reviews of the Game last night it seems Mason Cox is now a shoe-in for the Brownlow.
AFL fans are apparently in a frenzy.
o_Oo_O

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Fox Footy's "expert" tips for the round...

St Kilda 7 — 4 West Coast Eagles
Geelong Cats 9 — 2 Richmond
GWS Giants 9 — 2 Melbourne
Carlton 11 — 0 Adelaide Crows
Basil and Dennis both had Geelong down for the win.

Lloyd reckons It was good for Geelong to cop a slapping because they can regroup and they will be ready next time.
Did he mean ready like Sept 21 2017 ready?
Or ready like Sept 23 2019 ready?
Not sure

And if they won , he would say, it was good for Geelong , the monkey is off their back :)

Reactions: 1 users
And if they won , he would say, it was good for Geelong , the monkey is off their back :)

Spot on.
There's no other angle.
Win or loss Geelong are covered.
What's the difference between what we did to Geelong to what Geelong did to port?
One was news of the week and the other brushed aside with a book full of excuses.

Spot on.
There's no other angle.
What's the difference between what we did to Geelong to what Geelong did to port?
One was news of the week and the other brushed aside with a book full of excuses.
Or when Port beat us this year. Its pretty funny to be honest how the same situation can be framed in the complete opposite.

Control what we can control. Honestly who cares about what the media say.

Reactions: 4 users
Spot on.
There's no other angle.
The stat I stick to is, we haven't lost to a team we have played a second time around in three years, Scumwood being the only exception, but was the third time in the season. We are very good with our analysis of other teams, and Dimma and the coaching team have been good at combating any opposition game plan change on the run. Terry Wallace has said we are the best coached team, bar none, and he's right! When the boys get that look, like it's a job, not a game, no nerves, just a job, like last years final series especially, you know they aren't going to loose. Hawthorn had in their glory years and our have shown to have it. During last year's qualifier, 21 points down they had the look, also I reckon they said the VFL boys were 40+ points down last week and did, we can do this!

I watched footy classified last night, forgot how much of a tool Hutchy was.

Caro did her Caro's arrow and targeted the AFL around not sending commentators into the Hub. She said the commentators have done their best, but their comments are less insightful when commentating whilst watching a TV screen, and the AFL / Channel 7 / Fox would have been better to fly commentators to the Hub.

I agree with what she was saying, Hutchy just says, "couldn't disagree more, blah blah, commentators done a great job etc, couldn't have done better". Caro called him out for not being able to be objective when he owns SEN etc and he then says "well you were asked to go, why didn't you go, it was just because you wanted to stay with your family". Massive deflection from Hutchy right there.

Reminded me totally of how much of a *smile* muncher Hutchy is.

I watched footy classified last night, forgot how much of a tool Hutchy was.

Caro did her Caro's arrow and targeted the AFL around not sending commentators into the Hub. She said the commentators have done their best, but their comments are less insightful when commentating whilst watching a TV screen, and the AFL / Channel 7 / Fox would have been better to fly commentators to the Hub.

I agree with what she was saying, Hutchy just says, "couldn't disagree more, blah blah, commentators done a great job etc, couldn't have done better". Caro called him out for not being able to be objective when he owns SEN etc and he then says "well you were asked to go, why didn't you go, it was just because you wanted to stay with your family". Massive deflection from Hutchy right there.

Reminded me totally of how much of a *smile* muncher Hutchy is.
Not a fan of Hutchy but have we really lost anything by having the commentators call off a screen. I dont think so.

Reactions: 4 users
Not a fan of Hutchy but have we really lost anything by having the commentators call off a screen. I dont think so.

Inability to see and call what's off camera. Either behind the play goings on or what's developing up the ground.

Reactions: 5 users
If they are watching the game off the tv with the same vision all the other viewers get then it just highlights how bad some of them really are. The amount of times they get things wrong is unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Flicked on SEN while making dinner this afternoon and Andy Maher and Bob Murphy were discussing Mason Cox. Andy was pumping him up, he said "you have to be a pretty good player to kick 5 in a Prelim." I texted into the show and said "Cox kicked 3 goals in the 2018 Prelim, not 5. Don't add mayo Andy!". It will become like the myth of our 7 MCG games to finish the 2019 season that now seems to have grown into anywhere between 9 and 50!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Flicked on SEN while making dinner this afternoon and Andy Maher and Bob Murphy were discussing Mason Cox. Andy was pumping him up, he said "you have to be a pretty good player to kick 5 in a Prelim." I texted into the show and said "Cox kicked 3 goals in the 2018 Prelim, not 5. Don't add mayo Andy!". It will become like the myth of our 7 MCG games to finish the 2019 season that now seems to have grown into anywhere between 9 and 50!
Goes well with the norm smith and premiership medals he’s won as well

Fox Footy referring to Cox as "Mr September". The spud had 1 kick to half time in the '18 GF....
He won't get a kick this week!