Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Robbo today on Tom Lynch: “Richmond forward Tom Lynch came under match review scrutiny and social media angst after a typically robust performance . A caller to 3AW even accused him of sniping. Have to disagree. When Lynch crosses the line physically the AFL takes care of it with a fine or suspension and when he plays within the boundaries there’s not a team in the AFL that wouldn’t love him as part of the forward division. It’s a tough sport and Lynch supplies that hard edge. DEAL WITH IT.”

Are you shocked?

Because he’s not talking about Lynch, he’s talking about Shane Mumford (I changed the name).

Yep the guy that called Lynch a goose and whinged on is now defending Mumford for WORSE acts.
I watched that game, the Ch7 commentary team were laughing about his antics & if he could hear them they were encouraging it....

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
AFL 360 15 minutes in.
No mention of the biggest game of the year.
But i bet if Dangerfield was BOG and Geelong won by 5 goals it wouldve been the opener

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't see the Jayden Short talking Brian segment till today.
He was very good, but he knew that there are certain team mates you don't *smile* stir.
He kept clear of Dusty, Nakas and Jack. The big bulls.
Even with Taylor pushing him to speak to certain players Short did well, not to overstep it.
I'd be more than happy for our players to just do the absolute minimum media. Give them nothing.

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully the excuses come directly from Great Scott’s media whispers and they’re a sign Geelong are still in denial about what happened.

It’s classic Geelong, reminds me of Terry Wallace.

How was Loyd on afl site said cats will learn from it plenty players come back never mentioned we had coming back and this could have been a drubbing for cats.Goodluck to them if there relying on Ablett and Selwood.

How was Loyd on afl site said cats will learn from it plenty players come back never mentioned we had coming back and this could have been a drubbing for cats.Goodluck to them if there relying on Ablett and Selwood.
If we lost there is no way the narrative would be that we would learn from the loss

Reactions: 4 users
Not one ounce of credit given to Richmond on the couch tonight. Once again all about how Geelong were a little bit off, Chris Scott would’ve got more out of that game than Hardwick, Ablett and Rohan to come into that fwd line and make Grimes accountable. I hope we play them again.

Reactions: 5 users
Not one ounce of credit given to Richmond on the couch tonight. Once again all about how Geelong were a little bit off, Chris Scott would’ve got more out of that game than Hardwick, Ablett and Rohan to come into that fwd line and make Grimes accountable. I hope we play them again.
they opened the show with some real Doozy's tonight
"Exciting times ahead for Collingwood going into the finals" & the best one from JB "De Goey the most powerful player in comp bar none".

It's annoying but at the same time i am happy with the narrative being that they'll be fine with Ablett, Selwood, Stanley & Rohan (again LOL) back as they'll believe it. Our ins are quiet handy also

they opened the show with some real Doozy's tonight
"Exciting times ahead for Collingwood going into the finals" & the best one from JB "De Goey the most powerful player in comp bar none".

It's annoying but at the same time i am happy with the narrative being that they'll be fine with Ablett, Selwood, Stanley & Rohan (again LOL) back as they'll believe it. Our ins are quiet handy also
Edwards All Australian last year?
Prestia B and F premiership year.
Lynch and Soldo off
Bugger me

Another narrative from our game i am hearing from the media is "no Selwood, Stanley, Rohan (LOL)" Yet no mention of us missing Edwards, Prestia, Astbury etc. IMO the players due back for both sides is evened out.

Since when is Rohan & Stanley huge losses?
Its like saying we were without Griffens & Conca.
Stanley isn't even a regular and we all know what happens to Rohan in games that count.

Healy said last night that was WC best win and NitNat is the most influential player in the comp.
Can't we just send him to WA forever.
What an absolute *smile*

How about the biggest game of the season that just played? Where's the praising of that game Healy?
He must've been pissed we pump them.

• Wow
Lloyd reckons It was good for Geelong to cop a slapping because they can regroup and they will be ready next time.
Did he mean ready like Sept 21 2017 ready?
Or ready like Sept 23 2019 ready?
Not sure

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The media highlighted the kids of Geelong that let them down.
Close and the new kid.
Are they serious?
How about figjam Duncan?
Menagola? Tuoey? Dangerfield? Henderson? Taylor?
Throw in Miers, Atkins and kolomyjazzni.
Thats not a good side

It was the worst game Geelong have played against us for quite a while. They won’t play that badly again. I couldn’t care what’s the media are saying or not saying about us. I’d rather fly under the radar. When they do write or talk about us it’s usually negative, as many on here have already said.

Reactions: 8 users