Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Its not beyond the media its just the mainstream media want to dumb it down. Check out the Mongrel Punt on the Geelong game, really great analysis. Just like with normal news you have to now go with alternate media for analysis rather than clickbait:

Brilliant article.

Reactions: 1 user
Its not beyond the media its just the mainstream media want to dumb it down. Check out the Mongrel Punt on the Geelong game, really great analysis. Just like with normal news you have to now go with alternate media for analysis rather than clickbait:

Perfect review of the game

Why no footage or posts of Diverfield aka "Dangerflop's flop from Friday night , but again highlight Grimes?

Dangerfield and Selwood have made a career from staging but no mention?

Mumford sniping incidents from Saturday night who's made a career from sniping but again no mention of it and doesn't raise an eyebrow & commentators even finding it amusing , but when Lynch breaths on a defender there's media outrage

Talk about a media driven anti Richmond narrative agenda

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Perfect review of the game
Back in the 60/70s, the footy media revolved around Alf Brown in the Friday night Herald providing an analysis of the weekend games with a particular insight into the match of the round and who was playing on who. Eg: Knights v Van Der Haar. Lou Richards would provide some humour in the Sun re his tips and Jack, Bob & Lou would provide comic relief on League Teams and World of Sport. Today's so called media / footy experts are all about being narcisstic towards all involved in the game both on and off the field and getting one up on the other 500 journos.

They continue to try and pull down success at every opportunity, eg: The Mighty Richmond Football Club.

Reactions: 4 users
Back in the 60/70s, the footy media revolved around Alf Brown in the Friday night Herald providing an analysis of the weekend games with a particular insight into the match of the round and who was playing on who. Eg: Knights v Van Der Haar. Lou Richards would provide some humour in the Sun re his tips and Jack, Bob & Lou would provide comic relief on League Teams and World of Sport. Today's so called media / footy experts are all about being narcisstic towards all involved in the game both on and off the field and getting one up on the other 500 journos.

They continue to try and pull down success at every opportunity, eg: The Mighty Richmond Football Club.
Agree today's footy media is not a patch on what it was in the 80s. I used to love reading Lou's Sun column on a Saturday morning at a time when all six games would be played on a Saturday afternoon at the same time at different grounds.

One of my favourites was about a Fitzroy game and they had a half back flanker named Grant Lawrie who was probably the thinnest player in the league at the time. Lou reckoned he was that skinny he could walk through the strings of a harp :rotfl2 or run around in the shower without getting wet :rotfl2

Good times.

Agree today's footy media is not a patch on what it was in the 80s. I used to love reading Lou's Sun column on a Saturday morning at a time when all six games would be played on a Saturday afternoon at the same time at different grounds.

One of my favourites was about a Fitzroy game and they had a half back flanker named Grant Lawrie who was probably the thinnest player in the league at the time. Lou reckoned he was that skinny he could walk through the strings of a harp :rotfl2 or run around in the shower without getting wet :rotfl2

Good times.

You will never see that again.
They're like wild dogs nowadays.
Feeding off anything they like.

P.S. they do tip toe around anything to do with Collingwood.
It will be interesting to see when Eddie leaves what the media will be like.

Why no footage or posts of Diverfield aka "Dangerflop's flop from Friday night , but again highlight Grimes?

Mumford sniping incidents from Saturday night who's made a career from sniping but again no mention of it and doesn't raise an eyebrow & commentators even finding it amusing , but when Lynch breaths on a defender there's media outrage

I saw Mumford highlighted on Fox, Dermie I think, given tick of approval so sniping is ok now.
Fine and RoCo sum it up on Footyology....our double flag era has to be the most under-appreciated, under-highlighted ever.

Reactions: 1 users

To me that shows ‘agenda against Richmond’.

Mumford is a ‘thug’.
Cause his from the AFL’s test tube baby GWS , nothing but chuckles from commentators & media.

Really poor from people who call themselves ‘journalists’ media people & unbiased commentators.

K Cornes on AFL website says Grimes has staged again, is a serial stager, it spoilt his great game, and he needs to get it out of his game.
Also the Umps keep falling for it..
Yet not a word on seial flopped Stagerfield who did it twice during the game alone....

Another narrative from our game i am hearing from the media is "no Selwood, Stanley, Rohan (LOL)" Yet no mention of us missing Edwards, Prestia, Astbury etc. IMO the players due back for both sides is evened out.

Another narrative from our game i am hearing from the media is "no Selwood, Stanley, Rohan (LOL)" Yet no mention of us missing Edwards, Prestia, Astbury etc. IMO the players due back for both sides is evened out.
Disagree. Our "ins" are much more significant.

Stanley and Rohan in finals :rotfl2 :rotfl2

Disagree. Our "ins" are much more significant.

Stanley and Rohan in finals :rotfl2 :rotfl2
Yer fair call. I am glad they had thier "10mins" during that game, it's been overlooked that we responded (no surprises there) & also given us a look at something they may try if we meet again later in the yr.

Plus Soldo & Lynch injured, but that's not taken into account.

I didn't see the Jayden Short talking Brian segment till today.
He was very good, but he knew that there are certain team mates you don't *smile* stir.
He kept clear of Dusty, Nakas and Jack. The big bulls.
Even with Taylor pushing him to speak to certain players Short did well, not to overstep it.
I got the impression the players didn't want a bar of it & good on them as well. It's a sign that like the rest of us they are fed up with the media also

Reactions: 3 users
Yer fair call. I am glad they had thier "10mins" during that game, it's been overlooked that we responded (no surprises there) & also given us a look at something they may try if we meet again later in the yr.
Next they'll be telling us that lurker Josh Jenkins will make all the difference :rotfl2

• Haha
For those who still give a *smile* what the media say

on first crack on fox they talked about how it was an anomaly the way geelong played

then talked about the role blitzarse plays

then talked about hawkins island

you wouldn't know who geelong played
This shows how far off the mark they actually are, the Eagles/Cats games build ups were the same, both were the form sides coming in & both play the slow/boring kick/Mark game which is proven not to work against us & we slapped them both. i hope they all keep doing it.