Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Exactly Zips but they both gave us ‘the kiss of death’., through I bet’ gritted teeth’ they rate the Tigers as their number 1 seed.

Cornes is clueless. He is on the Port Books paid to highlight things that can derail other sides without Hinkley or David Kosh doing anything.
He mentioned nothing about how good we were but sat on Grimes receiving a 50.
Just sit back and watch him go after whoever Port plays in the first final.
If it is us, he will bring up the off field issue's and attack big V and Grimes.
And if its Geelong, he will spend an entire week highlighting Geelong's record in finals...

Reactions: 1 user
I don't care if the footy media don't rate us or over analysis our team. It does boil my blood though when the scum attack our players individually or our culture. Up theirs. This year will be so sweet if we bring home the bacon and Dustys Norm excepting speech is " this one is for the media UP YOURS"

Reactions: 3 users
Apparently Worsfold dropped the greatest bomb of all time?
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't read anything into this but a simple statement of fact.
People need to be realistic about their club's chances
Maybe Eddie was confused by too many words with more than one syllable?

Reactions: 1 users
Fox Footy's "expert" tips for the round...

St Kilda 7 — 4 West Coast Eagles
Geelong Cats 9 — 2 Richmond
GWS Giants 9 — 2 Melbourne
Carlton 11 — 0 Adelaide Crows

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't read anything into this but a simple statement of fact.

Eddie is just doing what he has to do to keep the spotlight and heat on other teams. Pies by all accounts have failed this season. Stephenson and Trelor rumoured to being shopped around already. Nafe being one of the longest serving coach at a club without winning a Premiership and now looking like they are heading down again.

Not enough negative Pies news in the media.

Worsfold is right - the bombers have no hope if they have to follow the rules and don't cheat

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I get it from Worsfold. He’s not an “essendon man“. He’s a a West Coast man.

David King and Leigh Montagna on the first crack are unbearable. All they showed last night was how port play and how they beat Richmond and how Geelong didn’t fire a shot against us (again) and will have learnt a lot from Friday night (again) and won’t let it happen again (again). Refuse to credit Richmond at all. Chris Scott seems like the only bloke who might have finally conceded we are just basically too good for them. Haha!

Worsfold is right - the bombers have no hope if they have to follow the rules and don't cheat

Funny coming from a guy that played and coached West Coast who have had a few allegations against them for doing things outside the rules.

Kermit wondering if the result of cats-tigers means anything?

Kermit & co don't seem to understand that the tigers have played the same way for 4 years, and no one has worked out how to counter our method.

You can talk about mindset all you want, they are simply not good enough if we bring our game.

All the cats can hope for if we play again, is that we are off. Because they aren't good enough otherwise.

I just can't stand how they talk about chaos and control as if we play out of control football.

This Craig Jennings is somewhat full of his own importance. Failed Melb assistant coach isn't a ringing endorsement..

Reactions: 4 users

Kermit & co don't seem to understand that the tigers have played the same way for 4 years, and no one has worked out how to counter our method.

You can talk about mindset all you want, they are simply not good enough if we bring our game.

All the cats can hope for if we play again, is that we are off. Because they aren't good enough otherwise.

I just can't stand how they talk about chaos and control as if we play out of control football.

This Craig Jennings is somewhat full of his own importance. Failed Melb assistant coach isn't a ringing endorsement..
who is this jennings guy? no wonder he failed as an assistant.

no "expert" has mentioned the fact that geelong are slowwww

backline - taylor henderson henry bews stewart kolojaznee - slowwwww
mids - menegola duncan parfit guthrie - slowwww - bring in selwood - slowwww
fwds - dollhouse gregbrian - slowww
the only quicks they have are stagerfield and rohan

unless they can kick at 100% efficiency and avoid the ball hitting the turf

but geelong will learn from this loss.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Exactly MD.
His weekly themes on games and Whateley’s love affair with him.
Until this Jennings came I’ve never heard of him.
He doesn’t really rate Richmond.

We are more than ‘KAOS’.

After the Cats game News.com.au runs a story about how bad the game was due to lack of scoring! It seems impossible for anyone to understand and appreciate the strategy and physical work required to stop a team from scoring, but this is forever overlooked in media world. Shouldn’t the narrative be Tigers dominate Cats, restrict them to one goal in three quarters - isn’t this positive? It should be heralded. Instead the media pumps out the same old lines about low scoring ruining the game, cats just need to change their game plan etc.

Its not beyond the media its just the mainstream media want to dumb it down. Check out the Mongrel Punt on the Geelong game, really great analysis. Just like with normal news you have to now go with alternate media for analysis rather than clickbait:

Its not beyond the media its just the mainstream media want to dumb it down. Check out the Mongrel Punt on the Geelong game, really great analysis. Just like with normal news you have to now go with alternate media for analysis rather than clickbait:

I larfed and larfed at the below quote

Mike Tyson is quoted as saying “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”

:rotfl1

• Love

Mike Tyson is quoted as saying “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”

Especially from Mike when he was at his ‘peak’ and his opponents ‘feel’ his first few punches on their bodies or head. ‘Fear’ clearly in their eyes.

Last edited:
Funny coming from a guy that played and coached West Coast who have had a few allegations against them for doing things outside the rules.
I don't know why Essendrugs expected any other sort of outcome. Worsfold has history in taking slightly toxic environments and making them much worse.

It is so apt for us. Everyone knows how we play, but stopping it is another thing altogether. From the media experts Geelong need to maigically play all the time like they did in the last quarter and they will pump us.

In terms of ex assistant coachng experts, Rob Harding on twitter is miles better than the SEN flog.

Robbo today on Tom Lynch: “Richmond forward Tom Lynch came under match review scrutiny and social media angst after a typically robust performance . A caller to 3AW even accused him of sniping. Have to disagree. When Lynch crosses the line physically the AFL takes care of it with a fine or suspension and when he plays within the boundaries there’s not a team in the AFL that wouldn’t love him as part of the forward division. It’s a tough sport and Lynch supplies that hard edge. DEAL WITH IT.”

Are you shocked?

Because he’s not talking about Lynch, he’s talking about Shane Mumford (I changed the name).

Yep the guy that called Lynch a goose and whinged on is now defending Mumford for WORSE acts.

Got it. Mummy is just being mummy. Lynch is a thug.
What Lynch did was nowhere near as bad or as serious as what Mumford does week in and week out, multiple times a game.
Blobbo, you are a hypocrite and a disgrace to your profession
you called lynch a “ douche”, a “ douchebag” and a “ fool” for what he supposedly did And the tribunal found he had no case to answer for for one of his “transgressions”
it is clueless idiots like you that enable thugs like him to gain cult status and continue to get away with incidents that others get suspended for.

Real journalists must feel ashamed to be associated doing the same job you purport to do

Reactions: 7 users
Lloyd on Access all area's, said Geelong can take away alot from that game.
Parrott was silent.
And that was it.
Nothing about the 1 goal to 3qtr time.
Nothing about the 2.8 in the 3qtr
Nothing about being 2 men down.
Nothing about how good we are.
Nothing.
Shocking show period

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users