Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

K Cornes on AFL website says Grimes has staged again, is a serial stager, it spoilt his great game, and he needs to get it out of his game.
Also the Umps keep falling for it..
I watched the segment on the web and checked the stats. The fact was grimes took the mark then there was contact after he clearly took it. Isn’t that an automatic 50 anyway? As for the umpires keep falling for it corn flake should check his facts. Grimes had NO frees for that game

Reactions: 1 users
On the Chl 9 Footy Show, Nathan Brown in his analysis of our game said that Richmond couldn't cope when Geelong changed their game plan in the last quarter :rotfl1

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
They are all looking at that angle on how to beat us. But at the moment they are just words.

Easier said then done.
You want to take the game on against us , you make a mistake, turn it over , it falls into our hands with our speed.

Look the Cats will get players back and will be better next time, but so will we.

People forget with we’re down 2 for nearly a half/ and more and if we had kicked straight ( which they didn’t mention ) , game would have been over by 3/4 time. And that’s possibly by 10 goals and the narrative changes and people don’t talk about that 10 mins last quarter burst by the Cats.

Till we meet again.
Get the job done against Adelaide.

Reactions: 3 users
For all the criticism he cops reckon David King is a good analyst and one of few who understands and appreciates what makes us good.

Always been a fan of Roco and liked listening to his analysis of games on sen. Obviously got the sack coz he's too intelligent.

Just watched the review of the game on the sunday footy show. what a train wreck. Not one mention of dusty's sublime kicking, jack and grimes screamers, our run and chain of handballs, nothing. All about geelong couldn't get their game going and their kids will learn from it.

Reactions: 4 users
Just watched the review of the game on the sunday footy show. what a train wreck. Not one mention of dusty's sublime kicking, jack and grimes screamers, our run and chain of handballs, nothing. All about geelong couldn't get their game going and their kids will learn from it.
All about how Geelong will learn from the loss

i find this amazing. i don't watch these shows but i enjoy the commentary on here about them.
maybe they are confused by how we play the game? it's out of their normal footy comfort zone. they fear it.
we lose the stats, and it does their tiny brains in to the point that they have nothing to say because they don't understand how we win.
F***ing hooray for that ! their minds are cement.

Reactions: 5 users
Sunday Footy Show - first thing they mention about our game are the 2 injuries and then how Geelong changed their game style in the last qtr enabling them to make a comeback. It’s beyond a joke now.
The joke is that show. They don’t have time to cover all the games, because they’re more interested in taking potshots at each other and giving the painfully unfunny Brownless more air time. The only good bit is Browny’s Quiz, and it’s not worth watching the show for that.

Reactions: 1 user

Their kids?? Haha we were younger. The media have no idea.

I think it's brilliant from the media..... keep on being positive about Geelong and the 10 minutes of football they played. Don't mentioned the fact that the Cats had one goal to 3/4 time (I'm sure that bloke ran about 25 metres without a bounce) for a premiership contender, and it would have been 10 goals to 1 if we kicked straight in the third. Don't mention that fact that their 10 mins of football came essentially when we had 1 on the bench with Grimes, Lynch and Soldo off the ground.

Geelong can get all the superlatives...we'll just win the flag again

Reactions: 7 users
I'm not that comfortable with Channel 7 giving players free reign to interview other players post match. It just sets up the club to deal with more crap faux pas on camera. Let Benny Gale interview them or Peggy or even Jack as he is media savvy. Don't give it to someone like Shorty, George or even Vlossy. No ammo for the haters.

Reactions: 2 users
The joke is that show. They don’t have time to cover all the games, because they’re more interested in taking potshots at each other and giving the painfully unfunny Brownless more air time. The only good bit is Browny’s Quiz, and it’s not worth watching the show for that.
Almost got to the point where it’s not worth watching this show or others as well.

Sit back get my info as well from here from others as well.

These shows are all about ego, potshots & little analysis anymore.

I wonder is it because we have been so dominant these past three years ( entering our fourth ) with 2 premierships that it does their heads how the hell we win games with so little stats?

Think this premiership is open.

If we were to win it, this one will rate, a close second to 17 as the most satisfying flag for me.

What we have endured this year, COVID, the hate, the media , opposition players taking pot shots etc is why for me it will rate so close.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Sunday Footy Show - first thing they mention about our game are the 2 injuries and then how Geelong changed their game style in the last qtr enabling them to make a comeback. It’s beyond a joke now.

No mention of the bad kicking by us 15 behinds could have blown the game up.

On the Chl 9 Footy Show, Nathan Brown in his analysis of our game said that Richmond couldn't cope when Geelong changed their game plan in the last quarter :rotfl1

If you added them up all the panel and host you wouldn't get even 1 decent opinion typically what you expect from bunch of clowns.Hold you head on 10 minutes Brown laughable.

Reactions: 1 user

Unbelievable.
*They didn't mention the 1 goal to 3qtr time.
*The constant pushes in the back by Hawkins , but Cornes again highlighted Grimes playing for free kicks on the AFL site.
*No mention, when they did go faster we got 2 goals from defensive 50 because of turnovers.
*They didn't mention Astbury & Edwards come back next week.

They held that segment together with the 3 goals Geelong kicked.