Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Tom Morris obviously does his research. Just saw the knob on fox footy reporting about Burgoyne re-signing and if he gets to 400 games he will be the just the fourth player to do so.
1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????
He has plenty of time to research it whilst in the hub.
His news on the Richmond injuries told us nothing as well

Tom Morris obviously does his research. Just saw the knob on fox footy reporting about Burgoyne re-signing and if he gets to 400 games he will be the just the fourth player to do so.
1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????
He's a total fraud

On Fox now live re Soldo said, I've just spoken to Richmond and they'll wait for the swelling to go down and then he'll be sent for scans.... whereupon Sarah Jones said the club has confirmed he's done his ACL..!

This is why you can absolutely not trust anything that comes out this blokes gob!

Reactions: 3 users
How could dermie possibly claim that we didn't control and dominate the game last night. Bar a 10 minute spell, whenever they had the ball we controlled what they did with it. When we had it, we sliced them open like it was a horror movie.

That's fine. Let the media make excuses for Geelong and let Geelong believe them. Just makes for more fun and games when we meet them next

Reactions: 3 users
He's a total fraud

On Fox now live re Soldo said, I've just spoken to Richmond and they'll wait for the swelling to go down and then he'll be sent for scans.... whereupon Sarah Jones said the club has confirmed he's done his ACL..!

This is why you can absolutely not trust anything that comes out this blokes gob!

He's probably bought 18 pet goldfish and each one is named after an AFL club. "I've spoken to Richmond" is then a factually correct statement.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
That is a disgrace from Caro. As far as I’m concerned she can *smile* right off with Jon Ralph. The total disrespect to our club from the media is out of control.

Strange, not sure why Carro & Ralphy have taken swipes at Richmond at every opportunity this season, Carro in particular was the first to start querying our culture and promote not alls well at Richmond

Strange, not sure why Carro & Ralphy have taken swipes at Richmond at every opportunity this season, Carro in particular was the first to start querying our culture and promote not alls well at Richmond
I think it is because she no longer has a source inside the club. Ralph is just clueless.

Because when she talks about Richmond it gets her attention. She no longer has sources at the club, so has to make stuff up.

Just saw a headline, and I’m assuming it’s Mark Robinson , reckons Essendon need to get Sheedy back to fix there problems, intresting thought ,
Hawthorn :rotfl2 :rotfl2

He was a great player but that is no longer the case.

They’ll need to make room for a wooden spoon next year.
Still in there best half dozen :))

Did anyone watch the foxtel footy this afternoon?
Robbo & King were saying how we dismantled Geelong and we play a perfect game.
Brereton TWICE interrupted them, to say ' I Cant believe what im hearing'
King 'What do you mean Derm?"
Brereton 'football perfection errr, nah another time"
Brereton 'It was a good contest'
King 'it was a dominate performance'
Robbo 'They dominated for 85% of the game"
Brereton "They didn't dominate'
Robbo yells 'the cats didn't look threating mate"
Commercial

While king cops a bit of crap, I think he is more in touch with the modern game than dermie , whose analysis is still at home from the 80s , particularly when it comes to defensive set ups

Reactions: 1 user
Was thinking the same thing, i suppose click Bate must be more important to them , then honesty

While king cops a bit of crap, I think he is more in touch with the modern game than dermie , whose analysis is still at home from the 80s , particularly when it comes to defensive set ups
Brereton can't cope with any team or era being described as better than his... constantly talks of the dilution of the talent pool....
ya know, back when there were only 12 or 14 teams and truckloads of waddlers!

Reactions: 2 users
Really? She grew up inside the club. Lots of photos with her dad in the rooms and around the club.

I've always loved her honesty even when she was so called 'bagging' the club. We were *smile* and she called it as such.

At least you knew she always held the club in her heart and she always had the inside word so it was as close to the truth as any other reporter would get.
I was only a kid at the time & had no idea of the past ppl at the Club etc.

I don't get this
6 Richmond players in Richmond's defensive zone and it's somehow destroying the game?
Players playing to their positions is destroying the game?
Just completely bizarre.
It's very bizarre, pre game they were lauding Geelongs pressure etc, we beat them at that (no idea why they didn't show the "pressure guage" stat but u could see it & suddenly pressure is ruining the game?

Reactions: 1 users
Somewhat surprised we continue to legitimize these muppets by allowing interviews at all.
Maybe just tell them to go and take a running jump until after the GF.
This! We have a media dept. i'd be having them do the interviews so the fans don't miss anything.

1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????
Post game last not ol' mate Ralphy said once Astbury is back Balta will have to make way. Lyon quickly shut him down on it.

• Haha
1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????
Ill say it again - Tom Morris is the most despised media personality for mine. Thinks his *smile* doesnt stink, completely makes up things to suit his agenda and yet somehow has a prominent role on Fox Footy.

He is a major contributor to me no longer watching anything on Fox Footy apart from the actual games and Bounce.

Reactions: 1 users