Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

My opinion of Connolly just went up. Not because he defended Richmond but by not buying into the media frenzy.

Connolly is my favourite in the media landscape by a mile – even though (and perhaps because of) he's no longer in a mainstream role.

Just a shame he has Mark Fine on his podcast. Nothing against the guy really, but listening to him is like having my yearly mandatory conversation with my grandfather at Christmas.

We are only a good team because we play a lot of games at the G.

How is that argument going?

That theory has mysteriously disappeared this year alongside terrorism

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Bunch of morons say it again Mickey mouse can get a job as a journo in this country there pathectic.No mention of the 15 behinds should have been 6 goal drubbing or the players we got to come back in.There is always a exuse when the tigers win and shut up the media samething happen against eagles.

Ross Lyron,Riewolt,Connoly best out of them.
Occasionally some of the commentators (not Nick R, because he’s generally positive towards us) will grudgingly admit admiration for us and how good we are, but it’s rare and it doesn’t last for long.

The video accompanying it shows 6 Richmond players in the defensive zone with circles scrawled around them in crayon as if to say there's something wrong with that.

Yeah, how dare we try and defend against their 1 and only weapon? They briefly touched on it on Fox last night, Hawkins has kicked 25% of Geelongs goals this year, so we acknowledge that, we play our system and don't get sucked up the ground so looks like we are flooding but really we are just holding position. This is why their backline could kick around the halfway line to free men, as we let them run free, as the defence held position, those Cats players that went up the ground were then picked up by our mids, their mids were picked up by our forwards, and their defence were left free.

Breaking down the marks and contested marks really sticks out regarding this.

Their 8 defenders (Stewart, Henderson, Tuohy, Taylor, Bews, O'Conner, Henry and Kolojashni) has 45 of Geelongs 111 marks. Within that they only had 3 of 15 contested marks.

So the defensive group had almost half of Geelongs uncontested marks, this was a reflection of that chip, chip, mark *smile* that they showed last night.

I'm sure somewhere someone has the stats on uncontested marks in their defensive half. I'll bet its a much higher % than normal.

Reactions: 3 users
Carro on 3aw had a crack at our media manager Simon Matthews in making it difficult in getting Richmond players on, then later Dylan Grimes is on the show after a brilliant game and what does Carro do, asks him about his staging charges and then Tim Lane goes sorry Dylan we are going to have to cut your interview short as we are running tight for time :mad:

And she wonders why we can't be stuffed putting anyone up:rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Carro on 3aw had a crack at our media manager Simon Matthews in making it difficult in getting Richmond players on, then later Dylan Grimes is on the show after a brilliant game and what does Carro do, asks him about his staging charges and then Tim Lane goes sorry Dylan we are going to have to cut your interview short as we are running tight for time :mad:

Somewhat surprised we continue to legitimize these muppets by allowing interviews at all.
Maybe just tell them to go and take a running jump until after the GF.

Reactions: 2 users

That's why Matthews went up there.
We are now more circumspect in who and how we allow these interviews to be conducted.

Connolly is my favourite in the media landscape by a mile – even though (and perhaps because of) he's no longer in a mainstream role.

Just a shame he has Mark Fine on his podcast. Nothing against the guy really, but listening to him is like having my yearly mandatory conversation with my grandfather at Christmas.

haha Finey is.. idiosyncratic... I don't mind that podcast though, even if they bang on a bit too long much of the time. Andrews Hamburgers

haha Finey is.. idiosyncratic... I don't mind that podcast though, even if they bang on a bit too long much of the time. Andrews Hamburgers

Haha. The segues into the Andrew's ads are more predictable than North Melbourne's offence this year!

Tom Morris obviously does his research. Just saw the knob on fox footy reporting about Burgoyne re-signing and if he gets to 400 games he will be the just the fourth player to do so.
1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????

Did anyone watch the foxtel footy this afternoon?
Robbo & King were saying how we dismantled Geelong and we play a perfect game.
Brereton TWICE interrupted them, to say ' I Cant believe what im hearing'
King 'What do you mean Derm?"
Brereton 'football perfection errr, nah another time"
Brereton 'It was a good contest'
King 'it was a dominate performance'
Robbo 'They dominated for 85% of the game"
Brereton "They didn't dominate'
Robbo yells 'the cats didn't look threating mate"
Commercial

Somewhat surprised we continue to legitimize these muppets by allowing interviews at all.
Maybe just tell them to go and take a running jump until after the GF.
Agree with this. The football media are a disgrace. I would have no issue at all if the club banned player interviews for the rest of the year

Reactions: 1 users

That is a disgrace from Caro. As far as I’m concerned she can *smile* right off with Jon Ralph. The total disrespect to our club from the media is out of control.

Reactions: 4 users
Tom Morris obviously does his research. Just saw the knob on fox footy reporting about Burgoyne re-signing and if he gets to 400 games he will be the just the fourth player to do so.
1. Brent Harvey
2. Michael Tuck
3. Kevin Bartlett
4. Dustin Fletcher
ummmm?????
Hawthorn are seriously considering re-signing Burgoyne? They would only do that to let him limp to 400 games and would suggest that Clarko is losing the plot. Their list is a mess. They’ve hung on longer than I thought but have toppled straight over the cliff now.

I hope they do re-sign him. Decisions like that will see them anchored to the lower reaches of the ladder for many years

Hawthorn are seriously considering re-signing Burgoyne? They would only do that to let him limp to 400 games and would suggest that Clarko is losing the plot. Their list is a mess. They’ve hung on longer than I thought but have toppled straight over the cliff now.

I hope they do re-sign him. Decisions like that will see them anchored to the lower reaches of the ladder for many years

They have.

Play it again, Shaun: Veteran Hawk signs on for 20th season

He's a great player sure, but after seeing how they forced Roughead out last year this seems an odd decision.

Did anyone watch the foxtel footy this afternoon?
Robbo & King were saying how we dismantled Geelong and we play a perfect game.
Brereton TWICE interrupted them, to say ' I Cant believe what im hearing'
King 'What do you mean Derm?"
Brereton 'football perfection errr, nah another time"
Brereton 'It was a good contest'
King 'it was a dominate performance'
Robbo 'They dominated for 85% of the game"
Brereton "They didn't dominate'
Robbo yells 'the cats didn't look threating mate"
Commercial

How could dermie possibly claim that we didn't control and dominate the game last night. Bar a 10 minute spell, whenever they had the ball we controlled what they did with it. When we had it, we sliced them open like it was a horror movie.

Reactions: 1 users

Maybe its more an indictment on the quality of their list. Despite likely cuts to lists sizes and they are willing to sign on an aging player that is currently not impacting games.