Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

The Hate Squad are lining up people. (If we lose)
Please take precautions to protect yourselves.
*Tv disconnected
* Radios no batteries
*Keep away from newsagencies

Please stay safe.

Media distancing.

I like it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It is.
So many are using the term “a string of off field indiscretions”
I get the stack/CCJ one but what’s the rest of the “string”? Brooke Cotchin going to the spa and a couple of boyish actions in the dressing room?
What’s Collingwood had, a small string? They had Sidebottom and Figgy’s tennis game.
The whole thing is so overblown.
Yep - this lie is deliberately being repeated by the media which is impacting the club

wonder if the club can pursue action against this

Yep - this lie is deliberately being repeated by the media which is impacting the club

wonder if the club can pursue action against this
It is sweet sweet music Harry, it will give the players all the motivation they need to ask the footy world "how do you like dem apples?"

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think “Us vs Them“ will win us the premiership.

This year is all about quickly learning how to adapt to an unpredictable world, together.

Together - that means bringing people together, not devolving into tribal hate-trading factions.

The way we deal with media reporting is reflective of how successful the club has been in making sense of all this chaos around them so far. I understand callousness for the top handful of media people. But the other 700 journos are living in chaos, too. Dimma’s speech about respect showed empathy and was a humble start at earning redemption in the eyes of the rotten.

Ultimately, the club’s ability to bring people together in the worst of times will determine if they’ve earned the honour of winning a pandemic premiership.

I look forward to seeing what these Richmond men stand for in this world of chaos. Somehow I think they’re built for it.

Does anyone know who the commentary team is for SEN tonight? Might give the tv commentary the flick

I reckon Carey is right though, Geelong would have to be the form team at the moment.

That will change if we can win, but we can still beat them in the finals if we don't.

Mind you, with all this talking up of Geelong, if they fail in the finals the blowtorch should be out.

DS
The blowtorch should already be out, thier Finals record speaks for itself but the Cats are the media's darlings, perhaps they think are our biggest threat?
Sure Cats are flying but we have seen this in H&A before, it steps up a gear in Finals & they have always been found wanting.
This build kind of reminds me of the build up to the WCE game, they were the form team & we slapped them.

Reactions: 1 users
The blowtorch should already be out, thier Finals record speaks for itself but the Cats are the media's darlings, perhaps they think are our biggest threat?
Sure Cats are flying but we have seen this in H&A before, it steps up a gear in Finals & they have always been found wanting.
This build kind of reminds me of the build up to the WCE game, they were the form team & we slapped them.

I hope you're right about the similarity to the West Coast game.

I agree with you about Geelong re finals, but, shorter quarters and shorter season will help them.

DS

I hope you're right about the similarity to the West Coast game.

I agree with you about Geelong re finals, but, shorter quarters and shorter season will help them.

DS
It's similar enough IMO, WCE were the form team going in & we never looked like losing that game. We'll be right. Cats have sustained form at choking when it matters. Even if they got us tonight they have been up a fair while now & we know what happens to them when the heat goes up a notch

Hey! Footy media! Over here!

Get *smile*!
Footy media with very few exceptions can go get *smile*. They are a *smile* bunch of *smile* *smile* and their *smile* *smile* ideas can get *smile* too. *smile* 'em!

Apologies for the overuse of words based on "*smile*" in the above. But I am *smile* incensed with their *smile* reporting over the past few weeks.

*smile*!

Go Tiges!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
The phrase "close down". The narrative that we are ultra defensive and boring is still pushed. We pissed away at least 5 extra goals tonight.

Yeah was like Brown said at half time Cats were off....They just hate giving us anything.
lol. When you slap teams they look *smile*.

It's what happens

like how we made our 17 and 19 gf opponents look *smile*

we haven't beaten anyone yet

did anyone listen to the ABC 774 Melbourne radio coverage? By the end of the game you would think they were commentating on a funeral they sounded so dejected.

• Haha
Sen was pathectic Huddo and Wheatley 2 cat supporters making exuses cats already had top 4 rapt up good wakeup call the loss etc.

Sen was pathectic Huddo and Wheatley 2 cat supporters making exuses cats already had top 4 rapt up good wakeup call the loss etc.
Good commentators those blokes, I reckon Hudson “normally“ hides who he barracks for pretty well

Reactions: 2 users
Idiots are now saying the game is broken.
Geelong only 1 goal after 3 Q
Game must be broken!
Shocking to come to the rescue again

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users