Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

With Ralph and Caro as supporters - who needs enemies?

Caro is all right. She calls it as she see's it but most importantly is happy for everyone to know she is a Tiger. Gushes about us when going well. Warner is another proud Tiger.

Ralph on the other hand is a bottom feeding oxygen thief. Gets embarrassed when outed as a Tiger, tries everything to deflect and *smile* all over us at every opportunity. I would personally compensate the club if he was banned from ever being a member.

Reactions: 1 users
love how the media use the word indiscretions and no one pulls them up on it

stack and ccj broke covid protocols - ok

what else?

brooke going to the hardresser?
lynch being a bit rough on the field?
vlastuin and grimes fined for staging which was then overturned?
boys mucking around in the change room?

repeat the lie enough times and it becomes fact

Reactions: 8 users
love how the media use the word indiscretions and no one pulls them up on it

stack and ccj broke covid protocols - ok

what else?

brooke going to the hardresser?
lynch being a bit rough on the field?
vlastuin and grimes fined for staging which was then overturned?
boys mucking around in the change room?

repeat the lie enough times and it becomes fact

I Heard Gold 104.3 news Yesterday that it was a "Drunken Brawl on the Gold Coast" I kid you not.

Where do these Sh1t he@ds get off saying this cr@p.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I Heard Gold 104.3 news Yesterday that it was a "Drunken Brawl on the Gold Coast" I kid you not.

Amazing isn't it? Even though KebabMan said Stack and CCJ didn't appear to be drunk and it was their attacker that was.

I enjoyed Connolly's take on the Richmond implosion.

Especially his dig at Cornes:

"This is a club that has had success, that have been so strong culturally - now I just think the success has almost gone to their head," ventured commentator Kane Cornes, admittedly not generally known for his nuanced take on matters football.
Good article by Rohan. Uses facts rather than sensationalism to make his point. He has his failings, but he’s a better journalist than many of his better known colleagues.

I enjoyed Connolly's take on the Richmond implosion.

Especially his dig at Cornes:

"This is a club that has had success, that have been so strong culturally - now I just think the success has almost gone to their head," ventured commentator Kane Cornes, admittedly not generally known for his nuanced take on matters football.

Loved the clip he gave non-fireman Kane. :clap1

Good article by Rohan. Uses facts rather than sensationalism to make his point. He has his failings, but he’s a better journalist than many of his better known colleagues.
It is.
So many are using the term “a string of off field indiscretions”
I get the stack/CCJ one but what’s the rest of the “string”? Brooke Cotchin going to the spa and a couple of boyish actions in the dressing room?
What’s Collingwood had, a small string? They had Sidebottom and Figgy’s tennis game.
The whole thing is so overblown.

Reactions: 1 user
It is.
So many are using the term “a string of off field indiscretions”
I get the stack/CCJ one but what’s the rest of the “string”? Brooke Cotchin going to the spa and a couple of boyish actions in the dressing room?
What’s Collingwood had, a small string? They had Sidebottom and Figgy’s tennis game.
The whole thing is so overblown.

The reporter on foxsports just said.
Richmond's year off field has been disgraceful.

Maybe we should've just had Hardwick and Leppa play tennis with Pat Rafter or if we had Riewoldt jump out the window of Deledio's house naked and pissed.
Or if we had Grimes Drink and drive while Victoria was in lockdown.
This wouldn't have been an issue.

Reactions: 1 user
My opinion of Connolly just went up. Not because he defended Richmond but by not buying into the media frenzy.

Reactions: 3 users

I heard the same report & thought "holy crap we are in strife here, whats going on etc" When the only thing they did wrong was be where they were where they shouldn't have been at all.

Today's round of the paper's
'Its Geelong's flag to lose"
"West Coast Supporters are the most loyal'
"Kao's vs Clinical"
"The bad boys vs the Nice boys"

Just get ready if we lose.
If we win, there won't be any news, disappeared from memories very quickly.
If we lose get ready for it

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
The Hate Squad are lining up people. (If we lose)
Please take precautions to protect yourselves.
*Tv disconnected
* Radios no batteries
*Keep away from newsagencies

Please stay safe.

• Haha
I reckon Carey is right though, Geelong would have to be the form team at the moment.

That will change if we can win, but we can still beat them in the finals if we don't.

Mind you, with all this talking up of Geelong, if they fail in the finals the blowtorch should be out.

DS

Reactions: 3 users