Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I think it was careless rather than angry. If it had been hit in anger it would have knocked the poor linesperson out. Anger is the media narrative though.

Anger was my poor choice of word. Apparently the rulebook says "dangerously, recklessly or with negligent disregard". What he did fits that, given it copped her in the throat and she was hurt.

Reactions: 3 users
Anger was my poor choice of word. Apparently the rulebook says "dangerously, recklessly or with negligent disregard". What he did fits that, given it copped her in the throat and she was hurt.
Fair enough. It seemed a bit like a Lynch job to me.

Gerard Healy: “Richmond Football club, in particular 2 players, have disgraced themselves.”

Bravo Gerard...bravo.....

Reactions: 1 user
Think the problem with a lot of these so called ‘journalists’ is they feel that they have to be the story, rather than report on the story.

This has been creeping into a lot of football journalism. Keep an ear our for the increasing use of the personal pronoun. McClure and Morris are the worst offenders. "I can tell you tonight", "I can reveal", "I have been told". There's a classic Frontline episode titled the "I Disease". These two peanuts should watch it.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no doubt Djokovic’s penalty is 100% correct under the rules. Been a few examples over the years including Tim Henman 20 or so years ago.

Dojokvic should be wearing a Richmond jumper next time he plays.
He gets drilled hard core.
The ball lady over did it too
Yep. She went down and played it up like that goal umpire in the ‘66 GF.

Gerard Healy: “Richmond Football club, in particular 2 players, have disgraced themselves.”

Bravo Gerard...bravo.....
"Melbourne Football Club, in particular 46 players, have disgraced themselves".

How you like those apples Gerard??!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Thought I would post this here.
Surprisingly we are not last and that the Cats are below us.

As usual ‘ umpires love affair ‘ continues with the Pies. But North ?

Going to make for interesting viewing.

Attachments

• B017F864-079B-486A-A820-B67914793A07.jpeg
    B017F864-079B-486A-A820-B67914793A07.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 58

West Coast being mid table is a surprise, normally streets ahead, but then limited voice of affirmation !

Yep. She went down and played it up like that goal umpire in the ‘66 GF.

That wasn't a full pelt hit,
Not sure why they constantly go after him.
He is the 'individual' Richmond football club.
When he makes jokes, the media love it.
When he wins Grand Slams they applaud his game style.
But he makes a mistake they take him down.

Cornes now saying the night grand final at the Gabba is going to be the worst GF ever.

Cornes now saying the night grand final at the Gabba is going to be the worst GF ever.

If we don't win then it'll be the first time I've agreed with him. If we do win then he is full of *smile* as always

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

The same friend who did the stats on our winning percentage also sent me the free kick differentials since 2017. It was sent to me a week or so ago.

Not in LTRTR class of analysis but the numbers I have are since round 1 2017 (maybe he has better stats?)

Richmond -240 (18th)
GWS -209
Hawthorn -129
Sydney -112

Another 8 clubs have more frees against that for since round 1 2017 of between -9 and -81

Brisbane +77
WCE +117
Adelaide +134
North +182
Bulldogs +213
Collingwood +293

Message is never let a Collingwood supporter complain about the Umpires !!

• Wow
The same friend who did the stats on our winning percentage also sent me the free kick differentials since 2017. It was sent to me a week or so ago.

Not in LTRTR class of analysis but the numbers I have are since round 1 2017 (maybe he has better stats?)

Richmond -240 (18th)
GWS -209
Hawthorn -129
Sydney -112

Another 8 clubs have more frees against that for since round 1 2017 of between -9 and -81

Brisbane +77
WCE +117
Adelaide +134
North +182
Bulldogs +213
Collingwood +293

Message is never let a Collingwood supporter complain about the Umpires !!
But it’s a myth there’s a bias (unconsciously or otherwise) against Richmond.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users