Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I just read an article on fox sports where Eddie McGuire has decided to make a commentary on the Stack/CCJ situation and called for them to be sacked.
Eddie my message to you is just shut up. You have no relevance, we don’t care what you say and neither should anyone else.
In fact I would go further and say that it is totally inappropriate and I think that Benny Gale should denounce your comments publicly.

Hmmm. This article?

I read it that Eddie is satisfied with the punishment, but Tony Jones is the one actually calling for them to be sacked. Headline is a bit misleading.

McGuire said he was dumbfounded by the stupidity of the Tigers pair, but was satisfied with the sanctions handed down, which he has frequently said should’ve been harsher from the outset.

There was no sympathy from Channel Nine AFL reporter Tony Jones either when it came to Stack and Coleman-Jones’ transgressions, saying they “should be sacked”.

“If it was me, it’d be instant dismissal. If you work for a bank and you were sent up there, you would be dismissed,” he said on the Sunday Footy Show.

Reactions: 2 users
So the President of an AFL club calls for two opposition players to be sacked?

What a *smile* disgrace if so.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry about Eddie his club *smile* doesn't stink unlike Gale his got no balls to say the truth and how it is with his club they have become basket case using the term injuries as a exuse now.

How about McGuire coming out and tell us was really happened with Sidebottom, hypocrite.
That only applies to Jack Stehpens and Geelong , not Scumwood as Ed wears a journalists hat when he talks about the other 17clubs but take sit off when it comes to Scumwood

• Angry
I just read an article on fox sports where Eddie McGuire has decided to make a commentary on the Stack/CCJ situation and called for them to be sacked.
Eddie my message to you is just shut up. You have no relevance, we don’t care what you say and neither should anyone else.
In fact I would go further and say that it is totally inappropriate and I think that Benny Gale should denounce your comments publicly.

The fact Eddie (and others) repeatedly feel the need to colour a narrative in an attempt to give Richmond a disadvantage and as a byproduct to give their own clubs an advantage shows us how much they fear Richmond and aren’t confident in their own clubs.

It shows we’re in the clear alpha position, for want of a better word.

Even before Richmond became a perennial finals club, Hardwick, Gale, and other leaders exuded a kind of secure self-confidence that Eddie doesn’t.

So many factors go into an organisation’s success, but I feel like attitude at the very top is a big one and ours is something we’ve been proud of for the last 10 years or so.

Collingwood continually attempt to take full advantage of whatever power they have access to while shamelessly photocopying whatever values are in vogue. You have to feel for Collingwood supporters. I’m certainly glad I happen to be a Richmond supporter.

Yeah, just read it, didn’t see anything about him saying our 2 boys should be sacked.
No. When I read it again it was Tony Jones who said that.
Same comment about Eddie though. If he had any integrity he would say “ I am a club president I can’t comment on other clubs”

No. When I read it again it was Tony Jones who said that.
Same comment about Eddie though. If he had any integrity he would say “ I am a club president I can’t comment on other clubs”

What did Tony Jones say about Sidebum? Was he commenting that he should be sacked too? What about Bucks little slap on the wrists?

The facts are, fans of a lot of clubs are claiming we are out of control, but take a look at other teams too.

Richmond - 2 breaches
Port - 2 breaches - Wines and Houston / Ladhams
Collingwood - 2 breaches - Sidebum and Bucks / Sanderson
North - 1 breach
Hawks - 1 breach
Carlton - 1 breach

I can kind of take it when some fans of clubs that have had no breaches have a dig, but others that have also had multiple breaches should STFU.

Reactions: 4 users
What did Tony Jones say about Sidebum? Was he commenting that he should be sacked too? What about Bucks little slap on the wrists?

The facts are, fans of a lot of clubs are claiming we are out of control, but take a look at other teams too.

Richmond - 2 breaches
Port - 2 breaches - Wines and Houston / Ladhams
Collingwood - 2 breaches - Sidebum and Bucks / Sanderson
North - 1 breach
Hawks - 1 breach
Carlton - 1 breach

I can kind of take it when some fans of clubs that have had no breaches have a dig, but others that have also had multiple breaches should STFU.
Yes all true , but it’s Eddie who grinds my gears more than anyone. He cannot see that it is totally inappropriate that he comments on other clubs. We all know what would happen if Peggy O’Neill came out and made a comment about Collingwood.
This ridiculous charade of him making comments as a “journalist” when he is on TV or radio is nonsense.
He is a Club President, so shut up publicly about other clubs

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Yes all true , but it’s Eddie who grinds my gears more than anyone. He cannot see that it is totally inappropriate that he comments on other clubs. We all know what would happen if Peggy O’Neill came out and made a comment about Collingwood.
This ridiculous charade of him making comments as a “journalist” when he is on TV or radio is nonsense.
well said, biggest hypocrite we’ve seen

Reactions: 4 users
The way the media has twisted around the Clarko press conference words around to make a headline is exactly why the AFL media have the reputation they have .

Reactions: 1 users
if there was ever a conflict of interests in the AFL world it is Ed Maguire .. on a few levels ..

The way the media has twisted around the Clarko press conference words around to make a headline is exactly why the AFL media have the reputation they have .
Exactly .
Listened to it in its entirety.
Nothing in it.

What do you expect.
No wonder Ratten fired back.

Just watched the top 10 for this round, no tiger highlights again. Don't ya love it!