Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I keep saying game style. High pressure, more tackling. We are prepared to give away frees to have a chance to get the oppo to turn it over.

OTO the umps love Collingwood so who knows

Reactions: 1 user
Hutchy has tested positive to Covid

One of Melbourne’s biggest radio stations and it’s high-profile commentators have been rocked by multiple positive COVID-19 tests

Staff at the SEN radio station have been ordered to urgently go and get COVID-19 tested after a second positive test was confirmed.

The positive test forced multiple commentators and high-profile personalities off the airwaves and into isolation as they await testing after grave concerns were issued over the close contact among those at the station.

SEN boss Craig Hutchison was forced to pull out of his hosting duties on Channel 9’s Footy Classified on Monday night with Tony Jones stepping in at the last minute.

“Crocmedia on Friday reported an employee had tested positive for COVID-19 and today confirmed a second case,” a Crocmedia statement read.

“We are working with DHHS to complete all of the regulatory processes and precautions.

“Our broadcast services will continue to operate under COVID-safe guidelines – with most of our Melbourne-based on-air talent broadcasting from home studios as well as the utilisation of other interstate offices and studios as required.

“We want to thank all of our staff – particularly our on-air and broadcast staff for their dedication and work practices during this difficult COVID-19 pandemic.”

Channel 7 commentator Daisy Pearce was in the studios last week and was subsequently forced to miss covering the Friday night game between Collingwood and Brisbane.

Former Essendon superstar Matthew Lloyd still appeared on Footy Classified despite being in the studios on the Monday.

The Southbank offices where SEN call home could lead to widespread disaster if the offices are closed with 3AW’s Sports Today program hosted by Gerard Healy and Sam McClure recorded there.

Healy went from the studios to Fox Footy studios on Monday night to hos On the Couch alongside three of Fox’s biggest stars in Garry Lyon, Nick Riewoldt and Jonathan Brown.

Following the first positive test, the entire SEN studios went through a deep clean with a spokesman telling the Herald Sun: “The business is currently undertaking a deep clean to the potentially affected areas.

“Our absolute priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and contractors and we are closely following all COVID-19 protocols as set by the Victorian Government.”

I must say I do find it strange that Fox Footy commentators are allowed in such close proximity with one another, and seemingly interact with a wide range of people through their various media commitments, whilst the rest of Victoria is in lockdown.

I guess they are considered an essential service?

I must say I do find it strange that Fox Footy commentators are allowed in such close proximity with one another, and seemingly interact with a wide range of people through their various media commitments, whilst the rest of Victoria is in lockdown.

Lynch lives in Queensland
Hodge lives in Queensland
Ricciuto lives in Adelaide.
Whats the issue.
The rest call the game from city rd south Melbourne

No.... they just like to think they're above the law, as they go about berating others on "doing the right thing"!
The AFL media has many hypocritical brow beaters amongst it's brethren.

Reported today that the journos in the hub are getting a bit carried away with themselves in the transition hub bar..... probably celebrating their latest Richmond expose!

Reactions: 1 users

Studies have shown that low I.Q mixed with an unhealthy level of self importance provides a natural immunity to covid.

So far scientists haven't been able to replicate the effect in a lab.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I keep saying game style. High pressure, more tackling. We are prepared to give away frees to have a chance to get the oppo to turn it over.

OTO the umps love Collingwood so who knows
The interesting thing antman is that we had a middle of the pack free kick differential when we were garbage but as soon as we got good it turned southwards, so there is something in what you are saying
I can't remember the stats exactly but I recall someone saying that over 2017 and 2018 there were just a handful of games where we had more frees than the opposition.
It's too much of a coincidence for it not be related to gamestyle

Reactions: 2 users
The interesting thing antman is that we had a middle of the pack free kick differential when we were garbage but as soon as we got good it turned southwards, so there is something in what you are saying
I can't remember the stats exactly but I recall someone saying that over 2017 and 2018 there were just a handful of games where we had more frees than the opposition.

I think that's true Sin, we were on the bottom of the table for free kick differential for those years. I think it's improved a bit this season but still bottom third IIRC.

I was just listening to the Real Age Podcast. The venom in the voices of Caro and the other clowns towards the tigers is quite poison. Talk of a tainted flag if we win it, how much we think we are the ants pants, we might be current premier's but our community involvement is rubbish etc etc. The hate is so strong about our tigers by everyone in the media. WTF

I was just listening to the Real Age Podcast. The venom in the voices of Caro and the other clowns towards the tigers is quite poison. Talk of a tainted flag if we win it, how much we think we are the ants pants, we might be current premier's but our community involvement is rubbish etc etc. The hate is so strong about our tigers by everyone in the media. WTF
Why would it be tainted if we win?

Caro is a bitter and twisted harridan who deserves nothing more than everyone completely ignoring her rants.

He’s such a miserable plick.
That’s the nicest thing anyone could say about him, I avoid him at all costs , just such a negative human that seems to have a jealous streak, doesn’t do a lot of good for the game for a man in his position , sad really .

Caro is a bitter and twisted harridan who deserves nothing more than everyone completely ignoring her rants.

Has Caroline Wilson and the Qld Premier ever been seen in the same room?

This has been creeping into a lot of football journalism. Keep an ear our for the increasing use of the personal pronoun. McClure and Morris are the worst offenders. "I can tell you tonight", "I can reveal", "I have been told". There's a classic Frontline episode titled the "I Disease". These two peanuts should watch it.
T.Browne's fav "i can exclusively reveal tonight" can be added to the list. Soon when trade news fires up "Moneyball" is well over used, i am actually convonced most of them have no idea what it even means or refers to.

Reactions: 2 users

How can they expect anyone to have good community involvement this yr?

Be honest besides Warner and a few more the journos in this country a rubbish not just in footy in the broader range to.Copy and paste, no digging searching facts you name it , same stories laughable. There not good enough to report on a circus.

Listened to that Real Footy podcast - and didn't get that message. They were critical of Richmond, complimentary of the culture, saw this as a failure but there was not much of the hate and venom that others have perceived.

Listened to that Real Footy podcast - and didn't get that message. They were critical of Richmond, complimentary of the culture, saw this as a failure but there was not much of the hate and venom that others have perceived.
You’re not trying hard enough! Listen to it again....

• Haha