Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

A few here might think some Richmond fans are being paranoid about the media and agendas all year.
I’m absolutely positive there’s an agenda especially at fox.

But what is undeniable is Tom Morris, it’s not just the baying for blood he has, but it’s the venom with which he has been reporting against us all year. There is an agenda. its Almost as if someone more senior at AFL is enabling or empowering him to attack us with such venom. Brad Scott has become pretty powerful this year .... anyway.... Tom is getting info fed to him and he’s attacking us without any fear of any reprisals. There is someone protecting him. I wonder what future promotion he may get in the next few months.
He's a Grade A pissant.

Jon Ralph asks if Carlton should trade Charlie Curnow if it means they get Papley. Is this bloke *smile*?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
A few here might think some Richmond fans are being paranoid about the media and agendas all year.

But what is undeniable is Tom Morris, it’s not just the baying for blood he has, but it’s the venom with which he has been reporting against us all year. There is an agenda. its Almost as if someone more senior at AFL is enabling or empowering him to attack us with such venom. Brad Scott has become pretty powerful this year .... anyway.... Tom is getting info fed to him and he’s attacking us without any fear of any reprisals. There is someone protecting him. I wonder what future promotion he may get in the next few months.
He is the worst of the lot for mine. Literally had never heard of him before this year either.

Reactions: 1 user
Just watched that weed on Fox Footy during tonight’s half time break.....he’s not only re hashing the details we have already heard about 200 times, but in his opinion, ‘there will be much more to play out” as Richmond are at loggerheads with the AFL about who will pay the fines..... geez, let it go *smile*!

Also, he quite happily reported on some footy fun day up in the hub where ”Gazza” was awesome because he was playing footy with 40 to 50 kids and how good for the game it was, and that Gil and Eddie loved it........ummmmm, unless I’m mistaken, aren’t they supposed to be in strict state quarantine?..... where did the 50 kids come from?.......
fortunately, Shedda was nowhere to be seen.....

Just watched that weed on Fox Footy during tonight’s half time break.....he’s not only re hashing the details we have already heard about 200 times, but in his opinion, ‘there will be much more to play out” as Richmond are at loggerheads with the AFL about who will pay the fines..... geez, let it go *smile*!

Also, he quite happily reported on some footy fun day up in the hub where ”Gazza” was awesome because he was playing footy with 40 to 50 kids and how good for the game it was, and that Gil and Eddie loved it........ummmmm, unless I’m mistaken, aren’t they supposed to be in strict state quarantine?..... where did the 50 kids come from?.......
Dunno the number but I did hear there's plenty of kids of umpires, players and other hanger onerers in the transition hub..... Apparently not all being bankrolled by our membership money... I say in hope!

Robbo did say if stack and Cj played tennis with the strippers they would've only got a 25k fine :rotfl1
Huge whack to Buckley

Reactions: 1 users
I heard the reason Caro is/has been going hard at us is because Greenwood and others aren't at the club anyone and her internal information has stopped cold.

My votes for the biggest worms this week are,

1. Garry Lyon
2. Tom Morris
3. John Ralph * people are replying to his twits to never say he is a Richmond supporter again. And to *smile* off and support someone else

He is a *smile* wit.

"I think the success has gone to their head. There is definitely a sense of entitlement and a sense of arrogance about that club at the moment."

Thank You Kane Corn Job. Join Ralph and Morris on the ****wit medal podium

Reactions: 1 users
Think the problem with a lot of these so called ‘journalists’ is they feel that they have to be the story, rather than report on the story.

Reactions: 3 users
"I think the success has gone to their head. There is definitely a sense of entitlement and a sense of arrogance about that club at the moment."

Thank You Kane Corn Job. Join Ralph and Morris on the ****wit medal podium

How can having 2 kids breaking a law that wasn't around last year and most likely won't be around next year, be pushed as the entire club's head is getting to big?
I can't understand, how they use "they have got ahead of themselves"
If thats the case why aren't the other 17 clubs doing it because we have been the best performing team in the last 3 and half years.
If we win it this year some media blokes will disappear back into there holes.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie McChins might be the man dictating this anti Richmond agenda at Fox to not only deflect the issues at Collingwood ,but Richmond winning 2 flags in 3 years and now the biggest club in the land all this would be eating away at McChins but also ,cos all Journo's are petrified of McChins and would bow to his every request
Eddie said on Triple M that it was Karma that Grimes did his hamstring after the week he was accused of staging, he also added that Essendon would've won if those 2 staging free kicks weren't paid!!!!

Last edited:
Eddie McChins might be the man dictating this anti Richmond agenda at Fox , to deflect the issues at Collingwood ,cos all Journo's are petrified of McChins and would bow to his every request

I totally agree.
Warner was gone from fox very quickly when he asked "how long does Eddie think he can stay the President' and "If Buckley was Mark Neeld would he still be coaching Collingwood?"

We’re in a great position to win our 3rd flag in 4 years.

My analysis is we’ve got an awesome club, awesome culture, and awesome playing group.

No matter how people try to use words and creative narratives to ignore the evidence - it’s simply a fact that Richmond is the best club in the league these days.

People don’t like to accept truths about others’ success very easily, so you’ve gotta drill it into them with more and more evidence. Just how it is.

Reactions: 4 users
I just read an article on fox sports where Eddie McGuire has decided to make a commentary on the Stack/CCJ situation and called for them to be sacked.
Eddie my message to you is just shut up. You have no relevance, we don’t care what you say and neither should anyone else.
In fact I would go further and say that it is totally inappropriate and I think that Benny Gale should denounce your comments publicly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I just read an article on fox sports where Eddie McGuire has decided to make a commentary on the Stack/CCJ situation and called for the to be sacked.
Eddie my message to you is just shut up. You have no relevance, we don’t care what you say and neither should anyone else.
In fact I would go further and say that it is totally inappropriate and I think that Benny Gale should denounce your comments publicly.
How about McGuire coming out and telling us what really happened with Sidebottom, hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users