Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Nice that the tigers are out of the news for a few days

Reactions: 1 user
No surprises here
Train Crash waiting to happen

Meanwhile in Gill's resort penthouse apartment million-dollar hovel on the Gold Coast the phone rings...

*rrrrrring*
*rrrrrring*
*rrrrrring*
*rrrrrring*

*Gill walks out of the spa room with views overlooking the ocean. Towel wrapped loosely around his waist.*

Gill: I'll be back soon, pour me another Dom Perignon would you?

*rrrrrring*
*rrrrrring*

*Gill picks up the phone*

Gill: Hello?
Phone: murble warble farble sporgle?
Gill: Oh, Hi Hugh, how are things going with you?
Phone: borgle spong sugnuffit farnagle blort!!!!! Erfang dingle worbs...
Gill: Hang on a sec my towel is coming loose, let me put you on speaker

Hugh Marks (CEO Nine Entertainment): ...ingly dant *beep* and we are down by 22% since the last time we focused on Richmond.
Gill: Is that good?
Hugh: No you pillock that is not good. It is *smile* terrible. My bonus is now at risk.
Gill: I don't see what you want ...
Hugh: Shut up. I own you and my newspapers own you and you need to fix this. Find something about Richmond that will boost sales and sell advertising in my papers!
Gill: But...
Hugh: Shut up I sad. Fix it or I get one of my investigators to look into you, the au-pairs, the polo pony scandal and your salary!
Gill: *now white as a sheet* Yes Mr Marks. I believe we can find something. In fact I seem to recall that one of the coaches at the Tigers asked for a broken light bulb to be changed and for the hot water in his room to be fixed.
Hugh: That'll do. We need to get them back into the paper and get circulation up again.
Gill: Leave it with me, sir. I'll get one of my team to leak some juicy stuff.
Hugh: You'd better. *hangs up*
Gill: Yes sir, will do, sir. Oh, he's gone.
Gill: *Sits on the chaise lounge*
Gill: *shouts* Eddie! EDDIE!!!
*voice from the spa room* : Yes Gill?
Gill: Bring me my glass would you, I need a drink!
Eddie: *Walks out of the spa room, champagne flutes in hand*
Eddie: Here you go Gill. You OK? You look like you've seen a ghost.
Gill: Just give me my drink will you? And wrap a towel around yourself for God's sake I feel ill enough already I don't need your bits flapping in the breeze making me feel even worse!

• Haha
This could be the last straw in our flag defence chances. Very disappointing and perhaps highlights some gaps in our self discipline as well as our management of same.

As members, we deserve and expect a please explain from club. Absolutely PI55 poor

Lots of *smile* going on off the field this year. Very unrichmond like.
First cracks appearing

Reactions: 1 users
This has been consistent since Balmey stepped aside.

Geez it’s one thing after the next...from the Riewoldt sooking about coming to the hub, the rumours of players demanding certain things in the hub, the Cotchin fiasco and now this...Some of these players need a reality check on life at the moment. Infuriating.

Geez it’s one thing after the next...from the Riewoldt sooking about coming to the hub, the rumours of players demanding certain things in the hub, the Cotchin fiasco and now this...Some of these players need a reality check on life at the moment. Infuriating.
It’s kind of like one of the panellists on The Back Page said recently being a professional athlete here is rather like being eternally in Year 10.