Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I wonder with the newer breed coming into the caper, they know the stress and pressure.... do they come in thinking they will be different and not do the same player attacks... or just toe the click bait line

I get my footy info from PRE and read the odd article in The Age or The Australian.

Haven't watched footy shows for nearly 2 year, except for the odd episode of Front Bar (is that still on?)

Yeah, me too, I hear about all of this here. No social media and not interested in the crap the footy shows come out with.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
I gave it away after we were disrespected weekly following our 2017 premiership. It took me about 2 months to fully forget my old routine. After 2.5 years it only gets better, I’d encourage everyone to give it away.

The way I look at it, if 2 premierships isn’t enough to curb the negativity, then nothing will.

What I dont get is this. If more Richmond eyeballs on their trash is a good thing for them, WHY don't they talk about us more positively?

I thought that too for a while, I‘d guess it’s because of supporters from the other clubs. E.g. Would a Collingwood fan watch if they praised Richmond every week?

Supporters from 18 clubs are all just sitting through an hour of dribble they don’t enjoy waiting for that 5 minute reward on their team (which rarely happens).

The dribble about 17 teams you don’t care about is easier to sit through when it’s negative.

If people are willing to sit through say 5-10 negative segments on their team for that 1 segment of praise to keep them hooked, then I’d expect that to draw higher ratings than a concept where all 18 clubs are mostly just being praised.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Robbo going hard on recidivist Toby Greene: “It was more than a brush but it wasn’t a punch but the media does love a Toby controversy. He shouldn’t have done it but arguing he should be suspended is ridiculous. Richmond captain Trent Cotchin reminded everyone what footballs about when he recently defended Tom Lynch. “We play footy, we,re grown men” he said on AFL 360.”

Nice little puff piece on the front page about how Buckley's life isn't "Hollow".
:D:D:D
Working for Eddie and he claims his life isn't hollow.

Nice little puff piece on the front page about how Buckley's life isn't "Hollow".

His ass was hollow at half time yesterday.
They wanted him gone
They wanted Foreskin Elliott gone
They wanted Phillips gone.
They wanted Cox gone

But everything is rosy today.

If they beat Brisbane ( *im tipping Collingwood )
Compare the news they get after the game compared to the news from our win over Wc.

Compare how sideass is a national hero
But nothing is mentioned of Edwards doing the same.

Robbo going hard on recidivist Toby Greene: “It was more than a brush but it wasn’t a punch but the media does love a Toby controversy. He shouldn’t have done it but arguing he should be suspended is ridiculous. Richmond captain Trent Cotchin reminded everyone what footballs about when he recently defended Tom Lynch. “We play footy, we,re grown men” he said on AFL 360.”

Remind me what he said about Tom Lynch regarding an open handed slap to his opponent.

He's right Toby's wasn't a punch, it was an elbow which by the way is harder than the fist.

I don't think he should have been suspended either, but the difference in the way Robbo is talking about them is ridiculous. There was 1 that hit harder and thats the one he's gone lighter on. He's a strange bugger, but I guess he is a Bombers fan. Have to be a bit weird to go for those flogs.

Did anyone just hear Gerard Healy on Sportsday tonight? About 4 mins in, Matthew Lloyd asked him if was worried about West Coast. As part of his answer, he said " Richmond were outside of the rules" in how we played against Nic Nat. That Soldo had Nic Nat's arms wrapped up and that it wasnt legal. But the Tigers got away with it and good luck to them!

Watch him repeat this tonight OTC.

Poor old Gerard Healy. Had to go there. After talking about our win over WC he had to show a couple of iffy ruck incidents claiming his little nitnat was harshly and unfairly dealt with by eye-varn.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Poor old Gerard Healy. Had to go there. After talking about our win over WC he had to show a couple of iffy ruck incidents claiming his little nitnat was harshly and unfairly dealt with by eye-varn.
Yep, how pathetic was that. Good to see Riewoldt cut him off and praise us saying we have a lot of upside.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, how pathetic was that. Good to see Riewoldt cut him off and praise us saying we have a lot of upside.
Riewoldt is almost one of us now. I hated him when he played for the Aints, but since retiring, his cousin has been in his ear, and he’s one of the few who will speak up for us. The rest of them can ggf. We were supposed to win our ‘miracle’ flag in 2017 and *smile* off back to irrelevancy for the next 30 years, so they could go back to laughing at us. It really sticks in their craw that we didn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

How about the lead up to it?
Healy 'You saw it from the first minute, Soldo didn't give a stuff about a hit out"
Lyon ',you didn't like this, Gerard you didn't like this"

• Wow
Gez this media make you laugh watched Barrett with Loyd on afl site reviewing games comes to our game says how much can you take out of tigers win lool what a tool they spend 5 minutes bragging about pies win over blues not even 30 seconds on us we just beat the flag favourite.

I don't reckon the media is somehow biased against us, but they really do make me wonder sometimes.

Read an article this morning on the ABC app about how Geelong should be flag favourites. Now, I don't disagree, they are performing very well and are certainly a red hot chance to win. But what inspired this article? They beat Footscray. Yeah, Footscray can be very good, but they are a bit hot and cold. Plus, Geelong had to come back after getting slapped in the first quarter. Did we get this hype when we beat Footscray, and we didn't have to come back after they slapped us. Do we get this hype when we beat West Coast who haven't lost a game for months? Nah, we get gossip about welders and spas.

I'm happy for us to slip under the radar, and I don't really care what they think, but a bit more respect would be nice.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone just hear Gerard Healy on Sportsday tonight? About 4 mins in, Matthew Lloyd asked him if was worried about West Coast. As part of his answer, he said " Richmond were outside of the rules" in how we played against Nic Nat. That Soldo had Nic Nat's arms wrapped up and that it wasnt legal. But the Tigers got away with it and good luck to them!

Watch him repeat this tonight OTC.
This is exactly what he did! Then he's whinging about Graham free on NicNat which was illegal disposal.

I don't reckon the media is somehow biased against us, but they really do make me wonder sometimes.

Read an article this morning on the ABC app about how Geelong should be flag favourites. Now, I don't disagree, they are performing very well and are certainly a red hot chance to win. But what inspired this article? They beat Footscray. Yeah, Footscray can be very good, but they are a bit hot and cold. Plus, Geelong had to come back after getting slapped in the first quarter. Did we get this hype when we beat Footscray, and we didn't have to come back after they slapped us. Do we get this hype when we beat West Coast who haven't lost a game for months? Nah, we get gossip about welders and spas.

I'm happy for us to slip under the radar, and I don't really care what they think, but a bit more respect would be nice.

DS
The same Footscray that has beaten 1 top 8 side all yr too.....