Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Yet again we see the rubbish the Murdoch Press produces. Don't know why anyone bothers to read their crap.

Lazy journalism, just looking for the cheap clickbait story and unwilling to actually try and write something which won't be forgotten in 24 hours.

As for the actual incident, haven't seen it but a shooting up motion can refer to many many things, most likely explanation would be something said earlier, some joke they shared, something they saw, whatever. So many ways to take this out of context and if that is the best article on offer from what was a great game of football then the journo should be sacked for gross incompetence.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Front & centre on www.news.com.au
"Jason Dunstall rips into Jack Riewoldt over ‘disrespectful’ shot"
When you actually read it it's a bit of a p**stake and there's certainly no ripping going on.
Clickbait.

Reactions: 2 users
Yet again we see the rubbish the Murdoch Press produces. Don't know why anyone bothers to read their crap.

Lazy journalism, just looking for the cheap clickbait story and unwilling to actually try and write something which won't be forgotten in 24 hours.

As for the actual incident, haven't seen it but a shooting up motion can refer to many many things, most likely explanation would be something said earlier, some joke they shared, something they saw, whatever. So many ways to take this out of context and if that is the best article on offer from what was a great game of football then the journo should be sacked for gross incompetence.

DS
I noticed, particularly in WA, that the reporting on the actual game was very low key. A lot more focus on what was allegedly going on in the changerooms.

Surprised they didn't target the players for the treatment they dished out to poor Dow.
They all threw cups of water at him while they all stood in a circle and chanted and singing.
He look scared and afraid for his life.

Will the AFL look at this treatment?

Yep, it’s workplace bullying & harassment, must be stamped out

• Haha

DS

I follow a few football codes ,

They seem to work out who they perceive the public wants to see as villans ,

And they then put out heaps of clickbait rubbish about them,

Do not be surprised to see heaps of negative richmond stories this year

Haha why are people reading news.com.au? The epitome of clickbait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
1.5 hour footy show this morning

Not one mention of our 27 point win.
Zero.
Nothing

• Angry

Zero.
Nothing

To be honest I don’t mind , it allows to go under the radar once again , let them pump up the other sides ,

Remember the corresponding game last year , we only won because it rained apparently

Reactions: 3 users

Zero.
Nothing

Dad got the friday HS hoping to sit down & have a read of the match summary etc, not a word on it....
Too busy looking for anything to start another witch hunt over...

Zero.
Nothing
Yeah, it was obvious in it’s deliberate omission. They even managed to open with a circle jerk around Joe D and Essendon and finished by revisiting Joe and Essendon again. You just gotta laugh to be honest.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest I don’t mind , it allows to go under the radar once again , let them pump up the other sides ,

Remember the corresponding game last year , we only won because it rained apparently
Good point Kiwi.

Yeah, it was obvious in it’s deliberate omission. They even managed to open with a circle jerk around Joe D and Essendon and finished by revisiting Joe and Essendon again. You just gotta laugh to be honest.

Did you miss the part Robbo said
'I think he is coaching the best currently" referring to Buckley.
'I could see him coaching for the next 5 years"
David king almost fell off his seat.
If they lose tomorrow, 95% of Collingwood supporters will be calling for him to get the sack.

And it was at the MCG, where apparently the Eagles couldn’t win, despite winning the GF there not 12 months earlier against an MCG tenant.

If they lose tomorrow, 95% of Collingwood supporters will be calling for him to get the sack.
Yep, I still clearly remember 2 Pies supporters I worked with having a bet. $1,000. One said the Pies wouldn’t win a flag under Buckley and the other said they would. There are only 4 sides in at present, imo, and none of them are coached by Buckley.

The media can protect, in the case of Chris Scott and Buckley.
One has 1 flag on the back of the previous coach and the other has achieved nothing in 10 years.
But they get the protection from the footy media.
I can tell you if Hardwick was in Buckley's shoes, they would've had him gone 3 years ago.
Longmire, can't understand why he is referred to as a good coach, he has done nothing at sydney, bar destroy there list.
The current good coaches i have in my list are Hardwick, The Freo coach, Ratten & Clarkson

Yep, I still clearly remember 2 Pies supporters I worked with having a bet. $1,000. One said the Pies wouldn’t win a flag under Buckley and the other said they would. There are only 4 sides in at present, imo, and none of them are coached by Buckley.

A nice loss tommorow, will put heat back onto Collingwood.
But Carlton are useless too

I was actually hoping that he was right (that Buckley continues to coach them for the next 5 years). That would be just dandy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Zero.
Nothing
wonder if the Weagles won if they'd be spouting off ?
me? i don't give a toss about the lack of praise, which would be feint from these goons anyway.
bet the club doesn't care either.
it suits us, we've won 2 cups (almost 3), so lets make it 3 .. or 4 even ... and why stop there ? ..