Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Anyone heard about this?

View attachment 24486
"It was also revealed at the best and fairest that multiple Richmond players were hospitalised after an end-of-season trip to Thailand last week.

The trip was cut short after many members of the group suffered serious cases of food poisoning.

“A few of the boys have been in hospital and things like that, so it’s been not only a tough season, but a tough off-season so far,” Yze said.

“But, to their credit, they’ve come back, I think, a little bit lighter. Nick Vlastuin was adamant he’d come back four or five kilos lighter, which is unusual when you come back from a footy trip, so well done
.”

Reactions: 1 users
"It was also revealed at the best and fairest that multiple Richmond players were hospitalised after an end-of-season trip to Thailand last week.

The trip was cut short after many members of the group suffered serious cases of food poisoning.

“A few of the boys have been in hospital and things like that, so it’s been not only a tough season, but a tough off-season so far,” Yze said.

“But, to their credit, they’ve come back, I think, a little bit lighter. Nick Vlastuin was adamant he’d come back four or five kilos lighter, which is unusual when you come back from a footy trip, so well done
.”

Thanks tigerman.

It'll be interesting to see who they pair with Nerdley on 360. I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate a few ex-players like Jack and Lewis through the seat, which would allow Kermit to own the agenda even more than he did with Magoo. But if they're smart they'll get a smart, opinionated voice. (Hard to find amongst the gutless fence-sitting morons of the AFL media.) Maybe King. At least he isn't afraid to say something.

If they stick with a jerno it's slim pickings given they'd have to go with a News dud. Would be a huge career bump for someone like Sam Edmund. Couldn't possibly be Ralph, he's too dumb and doesn't have Slobbo's slovenly clown appeal to the bogan masses.

It'll be interesting to see who they pair with Nerdley on 360. I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate a few ex-players like Jack and Lewis through the seat, which would allow Kermit to own the agenda even more than he did with Magoo. But if they're smart they'll get a smart, opinionated voice. (Hard to find amongst the gutless fence-sitting morons of the AFL media.) Maybe King. At least he isn't afraid to say something.

If they stick with a jerno it's slim pickings given they'd have to go with a News dud. Would be a huge career bump for someone like Sam Edmund. Couldn't possibly be Ralph, he's too dumb and doesn't have Slobbo's slovenly clown appeal to the bogan masses.
Gary Lyon confirmed he's been in discussions to be on there next year in some capacity. Dunno if it'll be every day, but he's talking to people about it.

Now that dud Magoo is going, it will automatically result in Nerdley having to put someone/people (plural) on with more intelligence. That, in turn, will do two things: 1) he'll get challenged more by a co-host and undoubtedly act more indignant than he already does and 2) the whole "odd couple" thing will no longer exist and make it just another show.

I see 360 having 2-3 years lifespan at best now. And if I'm Lyon (or anyone else), I'm thinking twice about working with a snake like Nerdley and what's gonna be a short and narky existence with that show.

The whole Fox Footy programming needs a refresh. AFL 360 when it started was great. Once a week on Wednesday nights whet the appetite for a nightly show which boomed.

The problem with footy media these days is it has reached a point of saturation and Fox Footy is as much a part of the problem as any outlet.

Monday nights I used to watch show after show - some on Fox, perhaps another on the old One HD, another on Nine and so on. Outside of The Front Bar once a week and The Sunday Footy Show when I remember to watch it, now I barely watch any. The saturation of it all completely saps the fun out of footy.

Add in the fact you've got journos endlessly trying to be the stars of the game and it just makes me resent the whole thing. It comes across as so inauthentic.

Perhaps less IS more.

Reactions: 4 users
Gary Lyon confirmed he's been in discussions to be on there next year in some capacity. Dunno if it'll be every day, but he's talking to people about it.

Now that dud Magoo is going, it will automatically result in Nerdley having to put someone/people (plural) on with more intelligence. That, in turn, will do two things: 1) he'll get challenged more by a co-host and undoubtedly act more indignant than he already does and 2) the whole "odd couple" thing will no longer exist and make it just another show.

I see 360 having 2-3 years lifespan at best now. And if I'm Lyon (or anyone else), I'm thinking twice about working with a snake like Nerdley and what's gonna be a short and narky existence with that show.
They should find another Walter Matthau. Whose the drunkest slobbiest ex-player going around?

Lyon. Sheesh.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it is a combination of not selecting the right people and a lack of training.
A number of ex footballers were play commentators and did a great job, Frank Adams, Jack Edwards, Lou Richards, Geoff Leek, Doug Heywood, Bob Skelton, Kevin Bartlett and Jack Dyer are some that I remember.
Agree with this.

It's now a rite of passage that once a player retires, it's straight into the media whether they're cut out for it or not. It simply does not work.

In the current landscape, I'd say the ones who aren't cut out for it far outweigh the ones who are.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into the Geeelong footyshow.

I think most of the current Football Newspaper Journos are not very good.