Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

If drafting now would take Watson before him every time. Gutsy call by the Hawthorn recruiting team, but looking a masterstroke ATM.
Line ball for me, Duursma will be a very good player, he is very good overhead as well. Too early to pick.

Be no point us drafting Watson btw, Richmond players don't have necks :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Mitchell using his wife to pump up players or something, in other words, there's a new Mrs Hardwick in town.....
Waiting on the media to come out and say how refreshing Mitchell is for bring his wife into the conversation and wish more coaches would do it. He is a innovator

Just flicking through the socials , it’s all about the after match , how bout looking at the positives of a good close game but nah let the media focus on a whole lot of post match sooking

Reactions: 5 users
Just flicking through the socials , it’s all about the after match , how bout looking at the positives of a good close game but nah let the media focus on a whole lot of post match sooking
Yes a good close finals game. Could have gone either way in the last couple of minutes.
Kudos to Breust on game 300. He’s been a fine player.

Alongside Brisbane Hawthorn and Geelong
We have also won 3 flags but not in the last 25 years but in the last 10 years.
They hate us badddView attachment 24253
Just in addition to that article. I just saw in the hun a full page article titled “The best of September. The greatest individual finals this century “ . It does say excluding the Grand Final. It lists 11 performances. Now, we had a triple Gary Ayres Medalist playing for us. You would think at least one of his finals would have got a gig on that list but……….

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
How come Jobby Watson isn't regaling us with his insightful expert comments, he normally does the Saturday night games, I'm missing him :p

If I hear once more that Geelong and Sydney's *smile* dosent stink again, I won't be happy.
Parrot said last night that 'Richmond tried to copy Geelong and Sydney and failed and look at them now'

They copied us
SSP!!!! Smalls, Speed and Pressure.
Geelong Stengle Close Mannagh Dempsey Holmes
Sydney Warner Papley Blakey McInnerry

If I hear once more that Geelong and Sydney's *smile* dosent stink again, I won't be happy.
Parrot said last night that 'Richmond tried to copy Geelong and Sydney and failed and look at them now'

They copied us
We tried to copy them by topping up n not bottoming out for early draft picks. Yep we failed that one badly n now we're trying to set up the biggest draft raid since Gee Whizz n Mould Coast were invented.

Hmmm. Wonder if Benny n Blair might have had a sneaky little back door dead cat bounce theory tucked away in the back pocket all along. Get rid of Clarke then dangle some of our flag stars for his new also rebuilding club. Keep Meehan long enough for injuries to cripple a season n senior players to get a bit antsy n disillusioned. Faff around with Dimma n Mini while setting up the new coach to take Gen next into the future. Massive attack on this years n possibly next years drafts. After a couple of disaster years down the bottom, the fans will be hungry as hell for the club to rise again as the kids start to furnish. Tah Dah Dah DAAAAHHHHH we 're making a left turn n straight back up the ladder again.

We tried to copy them by topping up n not bottoming out for early draft picks. Yep we failed that one badly n now we're trying to set up the biggest draft raid since Gee Whizz n Mould Coast were invented.

Hmmm. Wonder if Benny n Blair might have had a sneaky little back door dead cat bounce theory tucked away in the back pocket all along. Get rid of Clarke then dangle some of our flag stars for his new also rebuilding club. Keep Meehan long enough for injuries to cripple a season n senior players to get a bit antsy n disillusioned. Faff around with Dimma n Mini while setting up the new coach to take Gen next into the future. Massive attack on this years n possibly next years drafts. After a couple of disaster years down the bottom, the fans will be hungry as hell for the club to rise again as the kids start to furnish. Tah Dah Dah DAAAAHHHHH we 're making a left turn n straight back up the ladder again.
You give the club way too much credit. It was a *smile* up plain and simple.

The club screwed up its drafting from around 2018 onward which created a sizable hole in our list just as our core players were aging out. Combine this with some poor list management decisions (Hopper and Taranto instead of Hopper or Taranto, not enough list turnover) and some questionable appointments (Meehan) and the loss of key personnel and that’s how we find ourselves where we are now.

The really concerning aspect is that Clarke left the club for a promotion despite being the person most responsible for decimating our list. Was there any pressure on him internally for his less than stellar performance at the draft? What were Hartley, Livingston and even Gale doing during this time?

Big whiff of complacency and arrogance around the club and now we’ve paid the price.

They copied us
He didn’t mention our 3 premierships compared to the handbaggers 1(at the moment) or the ducks zero in the last decade? That’s surprising :unsure:

You give the club way too much credit. It was a *smile* up plain and simple.

The club screwed up its drafting from around 2018 onward which created a sizable hole in our list just as our core players were aging out. Combine this with some poor list management decisions (Hopper and Taranto instead of Hopper or Taranto, not enough list turnover) and some questionable appointments (Meehan) and the loss of key personnel and that’s how we find ourselves where we are now.

The really concerning aspect is that Clarke left the club for a promotion despite being the person most responsible for decimating our list. Was there any pressure on him internally for his less than stellar performance at the draft? What were Hartley, Livingston and even Gale doing during this time?

Big whiff of complacency and arrogance around the club and now we’ve paid the price.
FMD. Can't even run a little feel good conspiracy line without getting jumped on by the dark side haters.