Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Yep. All season and right up to the finals that’s what I kept hearing. I thought at the time, beauty because the year before a lot of people whinged about our ‘unfair’ advantage of, you know, playing our home games on our home ground in the lead up and including the finals. So all season heard everyone say it would be the best ever. That is until we won it. Then it was an”asterisk” premiership because you know, season interruptions, shortened season, shortened match times etc :mad:
But to me it was the fairest season. Everyone played each other once, mainly neutral grounds. The fact we had to play Brisbane on their home ground and travel to Adelaide to play port on their home ground then played on a neutral ground for the gf , to me, meant it was one of the best premierships we’ve won ( beating the handbaggers was a sweet bonus)
We beat Scotty
The Media love Scotty.
All my life The media have always had a soft spot for Geelong from the Blight days to the Thompson days and now the unbearable Scott days.

The other night on Footy classified
They had a list of clubs who gave gone Back to Back, the 4 of them selected there favourite, 2 selected Brisbane and 1 Essendon and 1 Hawthorn
WE WEREN'T EVEN ON THE LIST.View attachment 24244
Why do you continue to watch the show? You know they won’t say anything complimentary towards us ever, no matter what we do.

Reactions: 3 users
Alongside Brisbane Hawthorn and Geelong
We have also won 3 flags but not in the last 25 years but in the last 10 years.
They hate us badddScreenshot_20240910_191757_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Perhaps he is suggesting we are not sustained.
Again the Swans finishing 15 and 16 in 2019
And 2020 gets overlooked

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, the lions killed it, 20 *smile* years ago.

The tigers only managed 3 flags in 4 years, 4 years ago.

Flog.

EDIT: let's also not forget the lions jagged the spoon in 2017

Reactions: 2 users
It’s a fluff piece article but it’s about the sustained success of playing in finals since 2000 hence we aren’t mentioned with Geelong and Sydney.

But it begs the question is it better to regularly make finals like Geelong (19) and Sydney (20) but only win 2 flags (Sydney) and 4 (Geelong) or have a golden 4 year run and win 3?

Reactions: 3 users
It’s a fluff piece article but it’s about the sustained success of playing in finals since 2000 hence we aren’t mentioned with Geelong and Sydney.

But Sydney didn't have sustained success, nor did Brisbane. Hawthorn under Clarkson is arguable.

Reactions: 1 users