Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Having lived at the south end of Church street in Richmond, near the river, for 20 years (not now), I know that intersection like the back of my hand. Terrible, terrible intersection. You've got people running red lights, stumbling off tram stops and wandering across the road etc. Terrible. A convoluted and dangerous mess.

Reactions: 2 users
Having lived at the south end of Church street in Richmond, near the river, for 20 years (not now), I know that intersection like the back of my hand. Terrible, terrible intersection. You've got people running red lights, stumbling off tram stops and wandering across the road etc. Terrible. A convoluted and dangerous mess.
Not saying Sam might have done it, but you still see people have a bad habit of jaywalking on busy roads when traffic lights are just 50 metres away. I see it too often in the inner suburbs busier streets where they cross halfway and just stand on divisional line while vehicles swish past.

I'm a bit shocked by this. I watch that show every night it's on, and besides Jon Ralph's bs contributions, I don't mind the others.

Such a young guy. Real passionate about his footy. Couldn't sit closer to the edge of his seat, ready to contribute.

Geez....
Never take like for granted.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow. Sam Landsberger - the young guy who has been doing Midweek Tackle with Jay Clark on Fox Footy - has passed away suddenly.

Only 35. Traffic accident in Richmond this morning.

Bloody horrible. Freak occurrence.

Mate who works with him at the Hun reckons he was a ripper fella.

Had a good balance as a journo as well. Went strong on his stories without over the top hyperbole. Had a good future.

Life can be fragile.

Reactions: 8 users
Geez. Bloody hell. Jay Clark did incredibly well to get that out without breaking down completely tonight on Midweek Tackle.

So gut wrenching.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Geez. Bloody hell. Jay Clark did incredibly well to get that out without breaking down completely tonight on Midweek Tackle.

So gut wrenching.
I couldn't do it in 5 seconds. Couldn't give a eulogy in my dad's funeral.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah me neither. Reckon I've cried twice in my life. One was my father's eulogy. The other was after the 82 Grand Final.
I remember my Grandfather's funeral. I sat front row, left hand side of the church. On the opposite side to my brothers and sister. No one else sat on the left hand side of the church at all, just me.
We had a special bond - I was his only grand kid who liked cricket. The pain at that funeral hurt so bad, I couldn't cry. It felt like someone poured acid down my throat it burnt that hard. No matter how hard I wanted to, I couldn't squeeze a single tear. Same thing at my sister's funeral, gut wrenching burning.
Two weeks later Noah needed an ark.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Similar to Hookesy, it just mystifies me how people lose their life so quickly in situations that can be prevented. They showed the intersection on Ch 7 news saying the green light for traffic turns on 2¼ seconds before the green man light for pedestrians to cross which doesn't sound correct. Is this a PricRoads issue again?

Similar to Hookesy, it just mystifies me how people lose their life so quickly in situations that can be prevented. They showed the intersection on Ch 7 news saying the green light for traffic turns on 2¼ seconds before the green man light for pedestrians to cross which doesn't sound correct. Is this a PricRoads issue again?
Huh ? The traffic green would only be parallel to the walking green so not sure what they're talking about. Unless they're trying to reference it to the red and that if you ran it and hit someone, you'd have to be way over the red ? Dunno...

Reactions: 1 user
His Dad Jake was a Dogs (and Big V) Doctor and absolutely fantastic person.

Was my GP for many years and really helped with my pathetic Achilles issues.

He was very proud of Sam

Reactions: 6 users
Hearing he may have been on the phone with headphones in at the time.
I see people walking the pavement on their phone all the time, oblivious to surroundings and bumping into things. It is only natural. Phones are extensions of people nowadays. Not sure much can be done, people drive cars and text or watch movies. There is going to be a lot more of these type of accidents in the future.
Its so very sad for him and his family.

Reactions: 3 users
Hearing he may have been on the phone with headphones in at the time.
I see people walking the pavement on their phone all the time, oblivious to surroundings and bumping into things. It is only natural. Phones are extensions of people nowadays. Not sure much can be done, people drive cars and text or watch movies. There is going to be a lot more of these type of accidents in the future.
Its so very sad for him and his family.
Yeah. I see and think about that all the time. You don't even have to be on your phone or using it. I see people almost coming a cropper just listening to music as well.

Its not hard to look both ways when crossing a road were taught it as soon as we can walk. No doubt would have been on his phone, they are ruining society killing people in multiple different ways

News.com.au saying that he was talking to his mum when he was hit.
His mum heard the impacted and a bystander told her what happened.
RIP Sam..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I saw that the truck driver has been charged with refusing to submit to a blood test.

Doesn't mean that the accident was necessarily the truck driver's fault of course.

I saw that the truck driver has been charged with refusing to submit to a blood test.

Doesn't mean that the accident was necessarily the truck driver's fault of course.
Heard an early report that he'd passed the standard roadside testing, breath n swab so surely that should be sufficient? Half a guess could suggest that the driver's possibly consumed some sort of weekend entertainment product which may leave traces in the blood while no longer affecting his driving capacity.
Reckon if he's passed the standard tests then they shouldn't be entitled to demand blood tests. Next thing it'll be hair tests looking for a trace of something you may have consumed months ago.

Heard an early report that he'd passed the standard roadside testing, breath n swab so surely that should be sufficient? Half a guess could suggest that the driver's possibly consumed some sort of weekend entertainment product which may leave traces in the blood while no longer affecting his driving capacity.
Reckon if he's passed the standard tests then they shouldn't be entitled to demand blood tests. Next thing it'll be hair tests looking for a trace of something you may have consumed months ago.
Yeah. He did pass breath and swab and when asked for a blood test he has refused.
I’m not a pathologist but the suspicion would be something that gets detected in a blood test that is not detected in a standard drug swab.
That’s why I said it may not be the reason for the accident but even if it wasn’t if he was found to have drugs in his system he would be in deep *smile* anyway.