Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I normally don’t mind Dwayne Russell but I thought he was trying to be Karen Cornes today. Made some totally ridiculous assumptions today basically claiming that the senior players are leaving because of Yze. Said the players wouldn’t be leaving if Dimma was still there.

So much wrong with this statement.
- Firstly as far as I’m aware no player has come out and said they are going.
- For those players that do go to assume it’s because of Yze is presumptuous in the extreme. No mention of premiership players not wanting to rebuild and looking for another chance at a flag
- No mention of rival clubs offering the likes of Baker offers to good to refuse
- No mention of the fact the Dimma played his part in where our list is today and then fled for greener pastures as soon as he realised it had gone pear shaped.

Just the assumptions that our senior players want to leave and it’s because of Yze.
It’s the sort of stuff you read on here but you’d think journalists would hold themselves to a higher standard given they are preaching to a much bigger audience and have a higher profile than anyone on PRE

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I normally don’t mind Dwayne Russell but I thought he was trying to be Karen Cornes today. Made some totally ridiculous assumptions today basically claiming that the senior players are leaving because of Yze. Said the players wouldn’t be leaving if Dimma was still there.

- For those players that do go to assume it’s because of Yze is presumptuous in the extreme. No mention of premiership players not wanting to rebuild and looking for another chance at a flag
- No mention of the fact the Dimma played his part in where our list is today and then fled for greener pastures as soon as he realised it had gone pear shaped.

Just the assumptions that our senior players want to leave and it’s because of Yze.
It’s the sort of stuff you read on here but you’d think journalists would hold themselves to a higher standard given they are preaching to a much bigger audience and have a higher profile than anyone on PRE
More than a few of them get their ‘news’ from here and BF.

Reactions: 1 user

- No mention of rival clubs offering the likes of Baker offers to good to refuse

The players are leaving because they don't like Yze.
Just wait till August 20th when there is a stampede out the door.

The players are leaving because they don't like Yze.
Just wait till August 20th when there is a stampede out the door.
Good luck to them mate no one is bigger then the club. We got a few bad apples in that senior group not on the same page see ya later. Either in or out . You can count on ne had how many performed this year .

Reactions: 1 users
So, they’ll be prepared to break their contracts and not get paid?
Yeah! whatever
Like players don't ask to get traded while contracted. It happens every fken year.
If a player comes out and says he wants out. You DON'T keep them.
You get the best in return you get and them you drop them off at the nearest bus stop.

Yeah! whatever
Like players don't ask to get traded while contracted. It happens every fken year.
If a player comes out and says he wants out. You DON'T keep them.
You get the best in return you get and them you drop them off at the nearest bus stop.
So, we’ll be trading out a stampede’s worth of contracted players because they don’t like the coach? How are their chosen teams going to come up with decent trades? Are they prepared to pick up the contracts? Or are we just going to pay them to play somewhere else? How will be able to keep our own players under the cap when much of it is taken up paying players that are no longer on our list? Yes, occasionally contracted players do move, but it’s more the exception than the norm. Have any players actually told you that they can’t stand Yze and want out because of it?

So, we’ll be trading out a stampede’s worth of contracted players because they don’t like the coach? How are their chosen teams going to come up with decent trades? Are they prepared to pick up the contracts? Or are we just going to pay them to play somewhere else? How will be able to keep our own players under the cap when much of it is taken up paying players that are no longer on our list? Yes, occasionally contracted players do move, but it’s more the exception than the norm. Have any players actually told you that they can’t stand Yze and want out because of it?
Just sit back and wait till next month.
Where's Gale???
Checked out city

It’s early August, let’s just wait and see what happens.

• Wow
Pretty sure that Colonwood mob managed to win a flag after actively pushing contracted players out of the club and still having to part pay their contracts. It can be done if you're willing to try instead of just sitting in the corner n bleating that it's all too hard.

Pretty sure that Colonwood mob managed to win a flag after actively pushing contracted players out of the club and still having to part pay their contracts. It can be done if you're willing to try instead of just sitting in the corner n bleating that it's all too hard.
Zips is saying we’ll do it because the players don’t like Yze, not because the club was engaged in creative accounting.