Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I reckon there is an element of truth in that
a new coach will tend to come in and either play good cop or bad cop with his players

in 2025 he will have a year behind him , Dimma , McQualter , Xav Clarke will be distant memories
With some lack lustre 2024 performances by a number of players Yze will have license to come down harder
if he doesn't and the score board doesn't improve the exit door will loom as the media will hound him like they have with Simpson

1720678499536.png

I reckon there is an element of truth in that
a new coach will tend to come in and either play good cop or bad cop with his players

in 2025 he will have a year behind him , Dimma , McQualter , Xav Clarke will be distant memories
With some lack lustre 2024 performances by a number of players Yze will have license to come down harder
if he doesn't and the score board doesn't improve the exit door will loom as the media will hound him like they have with Simpson

View attachment 23390

We shouldn't expect much from 2025. Hopefully we have better luck injury wise but we will lose a lot of experience and we will have more kids to get games into.

Very likely we will finish bottom 6 if not bottom 3 again

Yes - SuperCoach Cornwick, hmm Cornhouse, umm Cornafey, is at it again.

What an insulting article - he thinks he knows better than the club, nearly every coach I can remember will at times celebrate when their player does something special, well maybe not Lyon and horse or Simpson, but all the others all do.

He is a sad joker of a commentator, sorry comedian.

Reactions: 1 user
Won't hold the players publicly accountable? That's right, you do that behind closed doors, not in public. I assume Kane was complimenting Dimma on his recent display of holding players publicly accountable?

What morons the media are. They seem to seriously expect clubs and coaches to tell them what is really going on, which given the analysis of the footy media, they are the last you would say anything to.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Won't hold the players publicly accountable? That's right, you do that behind closed doors, not in public. I assume Kane was complimenting Dimma on his recent display of holding players publicly accountable?

What morons the media are. They seem to seriously expect clubs and coaches to tell them what is really going on, which given the analysis of the footy media, they are the last you would say anything to.

DS
Have cornhole’s bosses ever publicly held him accountable when he’s been in the wrong? I’m guessing it’s always a private dressing down in a weekly meeting in private

Reactions: 2 users
Have cornhole’s bosses ever publicly held him accountable when he’s been in the wrong? I’m guessing it’s always a private dressing down in a weekly meeting in private
Why would they? He's there for click bait meedjia, asking the tough, idjit questions on behalf of the click bait fans who demand instant and constant gratification. Kornhole is doing a wonderful job for his bosses keeping the clicks churning.

We shouldn't expect much from 2025. Hopefully we have better luck injury wise but we will lose a lot of experience and we will have more kids to get games into.

Very likely we will finish bottom 6 if not bottom 3 again
brace yourself for that but hope for better
The VFL on Sunday looked really good , it was against the bottom VFL side
but they have been building
they structured up around the ball well and transitioned it fast too
only a few weeks ago Morris was throwing the toys out of the cot in a post match interview
they were really awful for two games

i'd put it down to sheer turn over of personnel , once that stabilised
things have started to fall into place

Hardwick was warm and cuddly to begin with and coached from the boundary
then he progressively got harder

2025 will be Yze's moving year , LOL anything above 18th is movement , the mess of '23 and Hardwick & McQualter will be far behind
the injury mess of '24 gets left behind in Jan 2025

and you can only assume there will be 5-6 18 yo's with their fresh enthusiasm to help drive things forward
and add them to the likes of Lefau , Blight , Grey , Fawcett , McAuliffe who will be desperately keen to impress and grab a spot in the 1's
thats already a fair chunk of the list not chained to our recent past

and you know if Lynch gets on the park and stay on we are a different side

Reactions: 3 users
The size of the hide of Barratt is only matched by his stupidity .
The sheer gaul to put this out there - Bevo referred to his black soul, I’ll stand with Bevo

1720755917253.jpeg

• Dislike
  • Angry
  • Haha
Chuckle. The guy is a drooling *smile*. The only 'slow car crash unfolding' is Barrett's career as a 'journalist'.

Would be nice if some others in the media called him out but they all stick fast, like *smile* on a blanket.

Funny how they up the ante when we move from 17th to 18th on *smile* PERCENTAGE!!!

I reckon Parrott's going to bed with Cornhole.

It’s funny how Parrot pots Dimma for whinging when all this moron writes is negative low brow crap.

Chuckle. The guy is a drooling *smile*. The only 'slow car crash unfolding' is Barrett's career as a 'journalist'.

Would be nice if some others in the media called him out but they all stick fast, like *smile* on a blanket.
Eddie stepped in the other night when parrot was having a shot at the club leadership and said he knows John O'Rourke and he is no mug and would def know what was going on with the players etc

I truly don't know why people read his & Cornheads articles, what a waste of time that is.

The guy's a deadset fully fledged imbecile. Move on nothing to see here.

Reactions: 9 users

We just won 3 flags
If we are a car crash what are the other 17 clubs??
The haters love this. They have been waiting 7 long yrs.
You have Parrot saying we are in a mess.
You have Kano traded away all our good players so we can stay last for 15 years and the others fixed on what Dusty is doing next year.
They want us cemented to the bottom

I only know what Barrett writes from the comments here. From everything people quote he is a *smile* moron who is lucky he has a job in the AFL media because no-one else would be willing to pay him for anything except maybe pay him to remove himself from their presence.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
We just won 3 flags
If we are a car crash what are the other 17 clubs??
The haters love this. They have been waiting 7 long yrs.
You have Parrot saying we are in a mess.
You have Kano traded away all our good players so we can stay last for 15 years and the others fixed on what Dusty is doing next year.
They want us cemented to the bottom
And KaneO’s team has wasted and is wasting it’s opportunities

The AFL propaganda machine is so bloody obvious and so slanted towards the sides they want in finals contention, as well as sides created in the confused, ad hock laboratory at AFL House; where cliched fools and mates of mates, have transformed the game into a lumbering Frankenstein monster.

Where bonafide slim bags like Damian Barrett 🤮 push the AFL agenda without shame or objectivity – as long as there is a pay check at the end of the month!

Fox Footy is no better – but how could they be when the insecure, megalomaniacs at AFL House (who have not had an original idea to market a once great game for the last 40 years), control and censor every media outlet that discusses AFL football.

When Fox writes a headline like this on a Monday morning:

Tigers return to bad old days in 20-year low

And then justifies that abject and disrespectful sensationalism by writing this:

Sunday’s loss to GWS saw a 20-year low for a Richmond home game at the home of football (excluding the Covid seasons), with just 19,040 making the trip to the MCG.

It’s a figure admittedly impacted by a cold and wet day, but it’s also their worst figure since Round 12, 2004 and a loss to Fremantle

They could and should have written about the number of Sunday “graveyard” games the Tigers have been inflicted with in 2024 that would be taxing every supporter at any club.

The AFL need to be brought to account. As for Barrett; he has the face you loved to smack behind the shelter sheds in primary school.