Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

So a bloke who made a career out of ducking his head, shrugging his shoulders and dropping his knees to draw head high free kicks "isn't comfortable" with Toby Bedford missing games after pinning Tim Taranto's arms in a tackle and driving him into the turf causing a concussion.

Disingenuous at best from Joel Duckwood and actually dangerous comments and against the grain in this era of protecting the head.

It's pretty simple, there's a duty of care and Bedford didn't apply any duty of care at all. You have to roll the bloke you're tackling to the side or at least attempt to. Not just ride him into the ground. At the very least it should be double the penalty of the bloke he concussed.

The fact that the FOUR umpires didn't even pay a free kick also boggles the mind. Perhaps we need more umpires ? Clearly the directive to protect the head from the AwFuL isn't registering with the accountants, solicitors and tax agents that call themselves umpires. Players are still flopping, ducking, using their head to get free kicks and being rewarded for it and umpires aren't even paying frees (to us at least) for driving tackles.

Imagine if Marlion Pickett had laid that exact ta kle with that exact result. Would a free be paid ? Of course it would and it would be referred directly to the tribunal and he'd get three weeks. We all know it.

Whilst I sympathise with Bedford, he's just laying a tackle after all, it's the method of the tackle that causes Tim's head to smash into the turf. Yes it happens a lot in a game but we have to change techniques and just like the bump, if you elect to bump (tackle) and you hit someone in the head (their head hits the turf) then you're going to cop a free and perhaps more. It's flabbergasting that the umpires don't seem to see it that way.

The game is a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Cornhole you *smile* hypocrit. How about bagging ol' mate Kenny Boy when Port loses instead of doing it to other teams' coaches???? He's already on Fly's back.

Reactions: 2 users
John Brown talking about the recent rule changes as something that has hurt Collingwood "we all know the stand rule was brought in to put a stop to Richmond, maybe the holding the ball interpretation has been brought in to slow the Pies"
Dixon returned, "That's how it works. You win a premiership and then they change a rule to try stop you"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Who is this new individual ?

View attachment 23440
Awesome Coffee GIF by The LEGO Movie

Yes - SuperCoach Cornwick, hmm Cornhouse, umm Cornafey, is at it again.

What an insulting article - he thinks he knows better than the club, nearly every coach I can remember will at times celebrate when their player does something special, well maybe not Lyon and horse or Simpson, but all the others all do.

He is a sad joker of a commentator, sorry comedian.

Thought new coaches got at least a 12 months free hit from the media before be criticised for their performance.

WTF is it? I’d hazard a guess and say some pasty, doughy faced, breast feeding gork who is feeling very pleased it has a large vegetable or elongated fruit inserted somewhere inside itself
A self pleasures of the highest order.
Why is it on PRE?
Show some respect, Willos! That's our nation's representative in the World's Most Punchable Head contest! Currently odds-on favourite.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
WTF is it? I’d hazard a guess and say some pasty, doughy faced, breast feeding gork who is feeling very pleased it has a large vegetable or elongated fruit inserted somewhere inside itself
A self pleasures of the highest order.
Why is it on PRE?
It’s such a smug head, with those pursed lips, what’s he trying to prove?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Show some respect, Willos! That's our nation's representative in the World's Most Punchable Head contest! Currently odds-on favourite.
That was me showing it some respect. I could have really unleashed, but restrained myself Spooks.
I agree, we’re in with a great chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users