Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Fully agree but think they run with “supplements” is they still don’t know exactly what the players were given. One thing for certain is their rapid raise and fall from a physical POV in 2012 was dramatic. As soon as they stopped the program but didn’t reduce the workload especially in the gym the players fell to pieces.
A great book on that TdF is Breaking The Chain by Willy Voigt who worked for Festina and had a load of PED’s in the boot of his car.
Not quite. Robbo is the one that continually refers to it as a supplements scandal. Caro calls it for it was. A drugs scandal. Thymosin beta 4 is taken via injection, they players were injected and complained about how painful the injections were. the attempts to muddy the water and suggest it was Thymomodulin which is taken in tablet form was a ruse. Dank was interviewed by a reporter and questioned about Thymosin and it being a banned substance. His response was “‘I did not know that”. Hence the subsequent attempt to switch to thymomodulin. They wrote a cheque for $60k for Hexarelin and then claimed the players never received it but they don’t know where it went. We all know they have plenty of cash but really??

WADA found them guilty. Thank god it was taken away from the AFL. They appealed to the Court of Arbritation in Sport (I think it was called) and lost.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Players asked to sign an agreement at the start of the season not to disclose the program they would undergo (no talking to family) and exonerating the Club as the program was, and I quote “pushing the boundaries”

They pushed too hard and went way over the boundaries.

Reactions: 15 users
“Long-time list boss Adrian Dodoro’s position is safe as he prepares to guide the club in the upcoming trade and draft period.”

YOU BEAUTY!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
“Long-time list boss Adrian Dodoro’s position is safe as he prepares to guide the club in the upcoming trade and draft period.”

YOU BEAUTY!
Seriously though, how does he keep his job? It’s been noted in the media that, at least at some point in time, multiple clubs just flat out refused to deal with him. Their list is spectacularly mediocre and has been for nearly two decades. I honestly don’t get it.

Reactions: 8 users
Seriously though, how does he keep his job? It’s been noted in the media that, at least at some point in time, multiple clubs just flat out refused to deal with him. Their list is spectacularly mediocre and has been for nearly two decades. I honestly don’t get it.
It's bizarre. He's assumed some type of Svengali persona at that club. Long may it last.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

I'm with you on this but if you read the media reports, and also the Real Footy podcast said it again this week, everyone continues to talk up their list. So many commentators and opinion writers saying that their list is good enough to get them into finals.

I just don't see it.

They have a fair number of good players, but who are their stars? They have none. What is their bottom 6 like? No idea because if you read out their names I would never have heard of them. Their ruck seems good but they have a fair number of players who accumulate and do little with it, they lack the ability to impact with their possessions.

Oh well, they can remain mired in their mediocrity, we still have to get a few flags to catch up to them.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
What talented coach in their right mind would go there? Shekels would be the only motivation. The stinking joint is on fire. I hope it burns to ashes.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

YOU BEAUTY!

Lmao, all these changes are for nothing if that idiot stays. Basically all the people who wanted to behave like they were in the 21st century have been purged. Bring back Hird and turn full heel WWE-style.

• Love
That's the 10 million dollar question.
He is connected.
There's no other explanation.
*don't worry about it in 5 weeks time he will be front and centre of the AFL trade period.
And the media will mark his work with a B+ or A and next year you will watch Essendon struggle to win a game.
He shouldve lost his job selecting Andrew McGrath will pick 1.
That's Jimmy Toompas quality

Last edited:
  • Haha

YOU BEAUTY!
I wonder if he's safe after the trade and draft are done,,he's in charge of everything o_O

Lmao, all these changes are for nothing if that idiot stays. Basically all the people who wanted to behave like they were in the 21st century have been purged. Bring back Hird and turn full heel WWE-style.
Yeah it hilarious. Really needs to be called out by someone in the media.

wow, wow, wow. What a day.

Just got out of all day meetings and the Bombers have imploded. Again. Will I need to break my own rule and watch Footy C for the first time this year? I'm breathless at all the news.:LOL: Cant keep up.

And once again, it appears the Bombers have hijacked some big days in the AFLscape.
The weekend's great games leading into Finals, the All Australian Awards night tonight, etc. Wonder if the AFL are a tad annoyed. They must be hoping they get it all done before Finals

And the icing on the cake is Ross Lyon's manager saying he'd be the best fit for the Bombers and has everything the Bombers need. Oh... but he's not sure Rossy would want it given he's loving the media and business work. Talk about the manipulation already by Lyon's team. They really are perfect for each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Possibly connected.
He is a member of the threesome (thompson and clint casey's brother were the others) that scored big on some land deal in/around geelong.
Made >10mill each

Lyon would take a senior coach job at any club that would have him. Just can't be seen publicly to be continually passed over to further sink his rep.

YOU BEAUTY!
the HUN today claiming the Dud was “highly respected by the new board” and that Xavier Campbell was “extremely bullish on the list Dodoro has moulded.”

The word deluded is often thrown around willy nilly these days …..

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Gee they're as weak as *smile* over at Essendon. ... just listening to Rohan Connelly speak about Dodoro. ... said he's a very political animal and knows all the right people! ...... should've just spat it out that Sheedy is his greatest supporter and unless he turfs him out, he's staying!
Kingmaker Kevin. .... pulling the strings since 81.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users