Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

My guess is Hird, who would be a terrible choice.
I think a first appointment coach with a Special GM board spill, (keeping Barham but reducing its size), and new heads of football and recruiting the better option, but that won't happen. Asta La Vista Essendon.
Tigers by 100.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Thoroughly enjoying the Bombers sh!tshow. I wonder how their formal review is progressing while the house topples around them. The impossible decision is when to go to Officeworks and bind the final document.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
just wait until the tigers smash them this weekend ...............anything over 30 points ...they are cooked ........... yes yes yes .......oooooooooo yes
They'll be rock-bottom, dispirited. We'll win by 100.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I'm assuming Rutten is still turning up for work and doing his job because he needs EFC to cancel/terminate his contract if he's to get the 600k payout.

Yep, and who would blame him. You want to undermine me and chase other coaches? Pay me out you slimy bastards

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yep, and who would blame him. You want to undermine me and chase other coaches? Pay me out you slimy bastards
What a disgrace they are.

Even a few players -past and present - have referenced how bad this has been.

Is there anybody we’d raid from that rabble ? Reckon a bunch of them would be thinking what the hell am I doing here for ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Well, Essendon certainly don't look like the big attractive club do they? In my lifetime they have only been a successful club during the period with Sheedy at the helm, the rest of the time they haven't been great.

I doubt they will learn from this but the best course of action would be to get a genuine external review going to really root out their problems. An internal review will not help as it will avoid all the issues which impact on internal power brokers.

Bringing Hird back would be very silly. In terms of Rutten what they need is an honest assessment of whether he is a decent coach, it is hard to assess given the club is a mess. I just don't think Rutten is their problem.

Someone needs to go to Essendon and convince them that their playing list really is not going to get them into the top 4, let alone contending for a flag. One revealing comment a month or two ago on the Real Footy podcast, they talked about Essendon's list and said it was a good list and the usual crap about how they should be winning more games, but the revealing comment was that there were no star players at Essendon. I think that is true, and you always need a couple of really top level players to be in contention.

Clarkson has been smart here, I imagine when he talked to Essendon they said they have a list close to contending, if only they could get a super coach in, and Clarkson figured he didn't want to work for people who are delusional.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Yes, agree Seven.

He would have already known their chances were slight, so the fossil does what he always does - went on the attack.
Wonder if Sheedy just got "Sheedied" himself.
Kind of reminds me when he played us to get a better deal at Essendumb and we fell for it.
Sheedy ended up staying at essendumb, Northy walked and we ended up getting the booby prize in Walls.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
And the icing on the cake with all of this is that the media’s number one biggest moron - Mark “Mr Magoo” Robinson - is plumping for the return of his disgraced love boy Hird and thus, creating even MORE flux amongst those losers.

He just can’t help himself that moron. And it’s beautiful to watch.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
President Barham is currently holding a press conference with no sponsors board anywhere to be seen.

Probably at the request of the sponsors :rotfl2 :clap2 :rotfl1 :banana

• Wow
President Barham is currently holding a press conference with no sponsors board anywhere to be seen.

Good grief....is anyone listening to this idiot ???! He's an absolute duuuuuuuud !!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Must be to tell the media they never wanted Clarko anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Listening to this Barham, all Arsendon members should be SERIOUSLY worried about the future of their club. My goodness......that press conference was just cringeworthy and gloriously worrying in the extreme. Guy is an absolute spud.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Holey moley

Barham sounds like a complete muppet.

Be afraid, Essendon fans.

That press conference was APPALLING.

• Haha