Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Clown, idiot and a moron. I’m not really missing this place.
What was wrong with him providing that stat? You must be super intelligent and an all-round great guy, just ask ya
I was referring to him asking Richo if the list is good enough to win a final. Pretty obvious answer I would’ve thought. He says stupid obvious *smile* every week and this was just another example.

But tee off anyway if it makes you feel better. Don’t like this place not sure there is anything keeping you here. Geezuz 🙄

The Bummbers have disabled the comments on their final score Instagram post. What a shambles of a club.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
It's amazing that he lasted as long as he did considering their lack of success.

Not just that but their list has been absolute *smile* for years, and they kept the guy in charge of recruiting?

No idea how anyone ever game him plaudits (well, ok, it was the AFL media who are known for being completely stupid), the Essendon list has been woeful for years.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
It must’ve been hard to pick the highlights of the Duds glittering career at Essendon. Apparently it was getting Nic Martin, Sam Draper and Sam Durham on the cheap….

DODORO AND DONS GO SEPARATE WAYS

Jay Clark
Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro will formally step down from his role in the recruiting department after 36 years with the club.
The club confirmed on Friday that new talent boss Matt Rosa had assumed all list responsibilities as part of the Bombers’ succession plan, which it announced in September last year.
Dodoro, who picked his first player for Essendon in 1998 when he selected gun forward Dean Rioli as a rookie, has begun a period of leave as Rosa takes over.
He is not expected to rejoin the Bombers following talks with club chiefs at the end of the season, although that is yet to be finalised.
Rosa will take charge of the club’s trade period moves where Essendon will again head to the draft to round out its side with more top young talent.
Essendon chief executive Craig Vozzo released a statement on Friday, saying Dodoro was on personal leave.
“Adrian Dodoro has stepped away from the club to focus on personal matters,” Vozzo said.
“In accordance with the club’s transition plan which commenced in November last year, Matt Rosa has fully assumed responsibility for leading the club’s list management and recruiting team during the 2024 trade, free agency and draft periods. The club asks people to respect Adrian and his family’s privacy during this period.”
The club has previously lauded Dodoro for his enormous contribution to the club over more than a quarter of a century, which has included some jackpot picks on the cheap in recent years.
Dodoro found superstar captain Zach Merrett with pick 26, jet midfielder Sam Durham in the mid-season draft, gun half-back Nic Martin in the supplemental selection period and ruckman Sam Draper as a rookie.
He was tasked with finding 10 top-up players at short notice for the 2016 season after 34 players were banned for one year as part of the crippling supplement saga.
Dodoro first worked for the club in a part-time role in the coaching department under Kevin Sheedy in 1988, as the coach’s board man and an assistant coach for the reserves’ side. He stepped up as list manager a decade later, and was made a life member late in 2021.
“Adrian is a highly respected life member of the Essendon Football Club and has made an enormous contribution to the club and the wider AFL industry during his time in football, including assisting to navigate the club through unprecedented and challenging periods,” Vozzo said.
“Throughout his time at the Bombers, Adrian’s commitment and passion to take the club forward in its list management and recruiting, has been unquestionable.
“Some of the champions of Essendon have been identified and selected by Adrian, and we will always be grateful for the important and enduring role he has played.”
There have been major changes at Essendon over the past two days with the club announcing club legend Sheedy would be stepping down from the board at the end of the season.
Dodoro has continued to lead the club’s contract and re-signing work over the past eight months but has officially passed the baton on to Rosa, who played 207 AFL games at West Coast Eagles and Gold Coast.
Essendon has acknowledged it needs to keep adding top talent to a team which hasn’t won a final in 20 years, amid the disastrous drugs crisis in 2013.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Caro has had a nice little snipe in the Age too, what great start to the weekend.

• Love
It must’ve been hard to pick the highlights of the Duds glittering career at Essendon. Apparently it was getting Nic Martin, Sam Draper and Sam Durham on the cheap….

DODORO AND DONS GO SEPARATE WAYS

Jay Clark
Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro will formally step down from his role in the recruiting department after 36 years with the club.
The club confirmed on Friday that new talent boss Matt Rosa had assumed all list responsibilities as part of the Bombers’ succession plan, which it announced in September last year.
Dodoro, who picked his first player for Essendon in 1998 when he selected gun forward Dean Rioli as a rookie, has begun a period of leave as Rosa takes over.
He is not expected to rejoin the Bombers following talks with club chiefs at the end of the season, although that is yet to be finalised.
Rosa will take charge of the club’s trade period moves where Essendon will again head to the draft to round out its side with more top young talent.
Essendon chief executive Craig Vozzo released a statement on Friday, saying Dodoro was on personal leave.
“Adrian Dodoro has stepped away from the club to focus on personal matters,” Vozzo said.
“In accordance with the club’s transition plan which commenced in November last year, Matt Rosa has fully assumed responsibility for leading the club’s list management and recruiting team during the 2024 trade, free agency and draft periods. The club asks people to respect Adrian and his family’s privacy during this period.”
The club has previously lauded Dodoro for his enormous contribution to the club over more than a quarter of a century, which has included some jackpot picks on the cheap in recent years.
Dodoro found superstar captain Zach Merrett with pick 26, jet midfielder Sam Durham in the mid-season draft, gun half-back Nic Martin in the supplemental selection period and ruckman Sam Draper as a rookie.
He was tasked with finding 10 top-up players at short notice for the 2016 season after 34 players were banned for one year as part of the crippling supplement saga.
Dodoro first worked for the club in a part-time role in the coaching department under Kevin Sheedy in 1988, as the coach’s board man and an assistant coach for the reserves’ side. He stepped up as list manager a decade later, and was made a life member late in 2021.
“Adrian is a highly respected life member of the Essendon Football Club and has made an enormous contribution to the club and the wider AFL industry during his time in football, including assisting to navigate the club through unprecedented and challenging periods,” Vozzo said.
“Throughout his time at the Bombers, Adrian’s commitment and passion to take the club forward in its list management and recruiting, has been unquestionable.
“Some of the champions of Essendon have been identified and selected by Adrian, and we will always be grateful for the important and enduring role he has played.”
There have been major changes at Essendon over the past two days with the club announcing club legend Sheedy would be stepping down from the board at the end of the season.
Dodoro has continued to lead the club’s contract and re-signing work over the past eight months but has officially passed the baton on to Rosa, who played 207 AFL games at West Coast Eagles and Gold Coast.
Essendon has acknowledged it needs to keep adding top talent to a team which hasn’t won a final in 20 years, amid the disastrous drugs crisis in 2013.
For me the Dodo’s highlight was letting Houli come to us for nothing! 3 Premierships later he was still claiming they came out on top.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Loved the footage of Merret chasing Heeney before Heeney marks and goals (think it was third quarter). Merrett looking around Steven May esque to blame all others for not cutting Heeney off but no one in sight. Did LOL.

Long may their demise continue.

Reactions: 3 users
20 years/7000+ days without a finals win is great, but how's this: they haven't won a final without Sheeds in charge since 1968!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
IMG_9346.jpeg
I question “ mighty” club , definitely once were and why is non Premiership coach Brad Scott always afforded excuses , most coaches would be well u der the pump after 2 failed seasons , Scott is in that same bracket as Lyon, zero flags and plenty of excuses.

There is no club in the media that is painted with a brighter torch then they have earned .

Soooo….Dodoro going and Sheedy stepping down from the board……does that mean……..that the pro Hird faction is finally coming undone and Essendon are actually trying to move on rather than back?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Meanwhile in the Essendon rooms after the round 23 Sydney game the coach is holding court with his most experienced assistant coach.

BS: Well that was *smile*.
Blake Caracella, VFL Senior Coach, (BC): Yep. *smile*.
BS: Total *smile*.
BC: Yep.
BS: What am I going to tell the board?
BC: Dunno, you're the Senior Coach, figure it out.
BS: I know! I can dust off some of my excuses from my time at North.
BC: What? You mean "we need a priority pick"?
BS: No! Mind you a priority pick would be nice. I'll call Dillon later on and get it sorted. I've still go the photo of the AFL HQ Christmas Party back in 2019.
BC: You can't keep going back to that well, Brad. Sooner or later they'll call your bluff. After all, weren't you at AFL HQ at the same Christmas Party?
BS: Shut the *smile* up. Never speak of that to anyone. The goat was a willing participant, I tell you. Not that the media would see it that way.
BC: Well what are you going to do.
BS: No idea, Blake.
BC: Well the board will be asking questions in about 20 minutes so you better some up with a plan.
BS: Wait... *screws up his face and thinks really, really hard" I'll be speaking to the board in 20 minutes so I need a plan.
BC: I just said...
BS: Shut up, shut up.
BC: Bu...
BS: We had a plan. Some dumb *smile* called it the Essendon Edge.
BC: That was you, Brad...
BS: Shut up. And it hasn't worked, so we need another plan.
BC: A plan B.
BS: Shut up. We need ... A Plan B. Yes that's what I'll call it.
BC: I just said...
BS: Shut up. Yes I'll tell the board we are implementing Plan B.
BC: What are the details of this Plan B?
BS: Shut up. Details, schmetails. I'll make up some *smile*, the Board will never know.
BC: Oh just like with the Essendon Edge.
BS: Shut up, shut-up, this is gonna be great.
BC: *smile* me...
BS: Shut up and hand me that crayon *begins chewing on the end*. I'm a genius!
BC: *smile* hell. *pauses* Brad, I'm off back to Richmond. Good luck with your Plan B.
I do love that Pepper’s initials are BS :))

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users