Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

When Donny Trump loses the election he's going to coach the Bongers, he's going to Make Essendon Great Again.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
20 years/7000+ days without a finals win is great, but how's this: they haven't won a final without Sheeds in charge since 1968!
Nice. They say 20 years is a generation.
So there’s a generation of kids who never seen them play finals

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
When Donny Trump loses the election he's going to coach the Bongers, he's going to Make Essendon Great Again.

"We will have the biggest Edge anyone has ever seen, it will be the greatest Edge in the world, grown Essendon men will come up to me with tears in their eyes and say Sir, you've done a wonderful thing for our club, we've never had an Edge like this before, we've never seen anything like it thank you sir"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I still believe Essendon lost its soul moving out to Tullamarine. While suburban grounds like windy hill have their limitations, being connected with the community is extremely important. Very hard to attract generational players to a plastic dump like the hangar.

Reactions: 3 users
Morning Arsendon !
Call me crazy, I'm getting a case of Deja vu with this post!

Lovely work indeed.

Just in case the EssenDoomers had forgotten.
(Are there any Blooz Bloke type posters of the Whatever it takes persuasion, here?)

Reactions: 1 user
You blokes can mock Essendon but watch out for them in '25, top 4 easily!

Just getting in early.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’m more worried about the trade period? Can they go 10 in a row without Dodoro?
It’ll be interesting to see if Matt Rosas can win the trade period as well as Dudoro has for so long.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Flag favourite by around round 4 I reckon.
I thought it went along the lines of:
1) win the trade and draft period
2) win a meaningless preseason practice match
3) win an intraclub practice match just before the season starts
= raging premiership favourite

I thought it went along the lines of:
1) win the trade and draft period
2) win a meaningless preseason practice match
3) win an intraclub practice match just before the season starts
= raging premiership favourite
Usually, but the media will be a bit more careful after so many false dawns, so Rd 4 it is!

"Scott is also a particularly poor developer of young talent, as any North fan will tell you. Even this year, players that have improved as individuals, are not young players. Sam Durham was developed at Richmond, Jye Caldwell at GWS, Nic Martin and the overrated Sam Draper, both mature-agers. Meanwhile, Ben Hobbs has gone backwards under Scott’s tutelage and Elijah Tsatas has never got going. Both were high draft picks."

I know Hobbs and Tsatas cop plenty of stick on here but they would be worth a look.

Reactions: 1 user