Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

We are coming for you Mchins. This is the kind of thing that builds clubs. Turning pointsy-gi

Giggity-giggity.

evo said:
It's not my work,I'm just the publicist.It pretty funny though(but not very chimpy)

Speaking of Chimpy, you're avatar has not been very chimpy lately (although PT would try to argue otherwise). Lift your game!

jayfox said:
Speaking of Chimpy, you're avatar has not been very chimpy lately (although PT would try to argue otherwise). Lift your game!
Jesus is the head of the chimps!! Alpha alpha male.

I hope the big guy didn't hear that faux pas for your sake . :mad:

the claw said:
so we get back to the correct processes processes that i admit i think ive been ignorant of.
at the end of the day the only question that needs answering is. DOES POLAK QUALIFY FOR THE RAMA PRECEDENT. until recently i thought he did but i dont think so now. ive been pulled up on another thread for this and i had to plead ignorance of the rule . ive been pushing for us to execute the rama rule since polaks injury.the other question that needs to be answered is do we want the draft processes compromised us being richmond i would say we dont give a stuff after all we dont know what processes are look at our footy dept.
i hate to say it but i told you lot so.

maguire is a very selfish person.

if it was DIDAK that got hit by a tram or a bus he would be crying because Alan wouldnt be able to play all of next year due to illness.

but because its RICHMOND he sooks, 12 clubs supported the tigers and 4 didnt.

he is an arragant ugly man

Bunnerz said:

if it was DIDAK that got hit by a tram or a bus he would be crying because Alan wouldnt be able to play all of next year due to illness.

and these were the clubs

scumwood, cats,roos,brisbane.

Legends of 1980 said:
I thought I heard somewhere that a majority of clubs were against it?

The AFL said that in their press conference Legends.

I seem to recall Demetriou saying in the press conference that the majority of teams that responded to the submission (there were 14 responses) opposed the submission to move Polak to the mature age rookie list. He claims this was only one factor in arriving at their decision.

rosy23 said:
Rather than making personal judgements tell me do you disagree with what I said in my post that you quoted?

I'm not apologising for Eddie, and made it clear I don't think much of him, but that doesn't mean I don't understand some of his concerns, and those of other clubs. As I said I'd expect us to question Collingwood or any other club if the situation was reversed too and I think most here would feel the same even if they don't admit it.

I don't think it's right to infer anyone wishes Polly to be put on the scrap heap, and in fact I don't think it's anything personal towards him at all. It would be very different if opposing the request left Polly without a spot but that's not the case.

Momentai isn't what I posted fact? As with jb, rather than making personal comments, tell me why you think we've made this request now when shortly before the draft we gave our reasons for wanting Polly on the main list? And tell me honstly if Collingwood were making the same request would you be 100% in favour of it? I certainly wouldn't, and I hope we get their noses right out of joint over this, but I can be unbiased enough to understand other clubs at least asking questions.

It is fact but it is still nitpicking. We are not talking about a 1st or 2nd rd pick here. We are talking instead about what is in effect a 6th rd draft pick. We are also talking about a player who almost certainly will never play again (Polly) and another whose future well being depends on him being given an opportunity. This a past great who has lately got the ear of Terry who unlike the other 15 coaches, seems prepared to give him a chance.

By the way I think you are getting a little sensitive. If you think 'nitpicking' is a personal comment, then I think you need a good break. Nitpicking is not an insult in this case it is fact and you are indulging in it to support the bias you have always had.

momentai said:
..... Nitpicking is not an insult in this case it is fact and you are indulging in it to support the bias you have always had.

Would you care to elaborate on the bias I've always had in relation to my comments on this thread? Do you think I fancy Eddie? :rofl

Bunnerz said:

I dislike that man more than words can describe. I hope his club continues with it Paris Hilton tag for years to come.

Typical for a lot of people to blame Eddie when he was absolutely corrrect.

The rules are in place and we were trying to manipulate them and it didn't work because our execution sucked. If we had done this earlier before he was back training with the club again then the other clubs would have been more sympathetic to his situation and made no link with the Cousins saga. We stuffed up. Luckily, we still have a pick and we can do with it whatever we want. A simple case of poor club management.

I'm glad the AFL has not opened a Pandora's Box on all long term injuries which is what this could have done.