Eddie McGuire | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eddie McGuire

GoodOne said:
;D Nothing like a bit of spite to make a game interesting. It will be a beauty.
Has Collingwood signed a big-name player in the Eddie era? NO

Probably because he does not want anyone else stealing his limelight. Suck it up FAT BOY FAT

Hayfever said:

Probably because he does not want anyone else stealing his limelight. Suck it up FAT BOY FAT
Fat boy was just pissed off at missing another big fish, fair dinkum he should go to Rex for lessons, because Eddie would be the world's worst fisherman.

Read the jealousy on Cuz and hatred towards Fat Eddie on the Scumwood forums.

It's time for another crisis I think. ;D

No Bucks, No Burns, No Midfield.

What a dilemma McChins must be in today. He's been using Benny to pump up the Footy Show ratings. Grabbing every single "exclusive" he could.

Now, does he continue to boost TFS ratings and give RFC free publicity, or does he personally go on air and deliver a sermon as to why RFC made the wrong decision and demand that our sponsorship be revoked?

Baloo said:
What a dilemma McChins must be in today. He's been using Benny to pump up the Footy Show ratings. Grabbing every single "exclusive" he could.

Now, does he continue to boost TFS ratings and give RFC free publicity, or does he personally go on air and deliver a sermon as to why RFC made the wrong decision and demand that our sponsorship be revoked?

No, he will personally go on air and deliver a sermon as to why RFC made the wrong decision and how Collingwood are doing it much better with their community programs and blah blah blah.

Remember Eddie is a bit of a passive aggressive when it comes to slagging off clubs.

I've heard more bad than good about Fat Eddie from Scumwood supporters so far re the Cousins saga.

Won't be a good year in 2009.

I can't see any improvement besides Pendlebury.

TigerForce said:
I've heard more bad than good about Fat Eddie from Scumwood supporters so far re the Cousins saga.

Won't be a good year in 2009.

I can't see any improvement besides Pendlebury.

Will be an interesting night for him and the board tomorrow. $8m down, cheer squad issues, Didak/Shaw saga, and yet again failing to get a top flight trade.

McChins is under pressure, no doubt about that.....missing Cuz, 8 mill loss on the pubs, hehehehheh bloody lovely to see.

He would be absolutely spewing today.....cant wait till we bend the wobbles over......and....

Go Tigeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss :clap

Tiger74 said:
Will be an interesting night for him and the board tomorrow. $8m down, cheer squad issues, Didak/Shaw saga, and yet again failing to get a top flight trade.

Cheer squad issues....... :hihi

I wonder how Underdak will perform next year.......off-field.

Fat Head Ed - yesterdays man. Lets have a bet how long his new pox show lasts for - my bet is 4 weeks.

I would imagine he will be going insane over all the POSITIVE publicity surrounding the Tigers and him looking to barrel the person who recommended not going for Ben.

Hayfever said:

Out of interest, who was the last "big" name they signed? Buckley?

Legends of 1980 said:
I thought I heard somewhere that a majority of clubs were against it?

This is interesting. Adolf clearly said the majority of clubs opposed the move. If thats not the case and only 4 clubs opposed it Adolf has some (more) serious credibility issue. Not sure who is the bigger goose out of McGuire and Adolf.

Raises the question do clubs now start inserting a clause into contracts stating that if a player is injured in an off field incident that the contract will be null and void.

Or do the AFL actually get proactive and clarify the rules for instances where players suffer possible career ending injuries whilst under contract. Would there be any insurance cover for such instances to cover the payout of contract.

I'm not arguing the validity or otherwise of the ruling, but don't think the rules adequately address the situation where a player is unlikely to play again, as the current rule seems to penalise the clubs, especially in cases like Polaks where there is considerable uncertainty to the outcome.

How long do you leave a player on the LTIL for.

gustiger12 said:
This is interesting. Adolf clearly said the majority of clubs opposed the move. If thats not the case and only 4 clubs opposed it Adolf has some (more) serious credibility issue. Not sure who is the bigger goose out of McGuire and Adolf.

Its actually an outright lie. Damian Barrett should be outraged that he was lied to.

IanG said:
Its actually an outright lie. Damian Barrett should be outraged that he was lied to.

He's just after a job at channel 9. Oh wait, the obese one doesn't run that organisation any more. Barratt is just stupid. Maybe he is looking to buy a cheap pub.

TOT70 said:
He's just after a job at channel 9. Oh wait, the obese one doesn't run that organisation any more. Barratt is just stupid. Maybe he is looking to buy a cheap pub.

Actually remember Mike Sheehan is already discussing retirement. This means very soon the job as premier footy writer at the HUN will be up for grabs. Maybe some of the editorial rubbish coming recently from Robbo and Barrett (and even that idiot Jon Ralph) is about positioning to claim that spot after Mike moves on....

Just my speculation, no inside knowledge.