Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Just a very odd handling of an aging star.
Why not announce his retirement once it was deemed necessary to perform surgery on his back.
Surely there’s no chance of going on next year?

Reactions: 7 users
One of my all time favourites Grimes.
That bump in the final against North will be with me till I die
But this would be the worse list management decision. To give him a further year, when he was finished last year.
I hope to see him at GC.

Reactions: 2 users
Just a very odd handling of an aging star.
Why not announce his retirement once it was deemed necessary to perform surgery on his back.
Surely there’s no chance of going on next year?
None.
He can barely walk post game. I think they are hoping he gets up for round 24, so he can run out once last time, but it's hope - not science.

Reactions: 2 users
None.
He can barely walk post game. I think they are hoping he gets up for round 24, so he can run out once last time, but it's hope - not science.
Maybe he can ride in the back of the ute alongside Dusty. Been a favourite of mine since he started, just an uncompromising hard arsed competitor. Hated letting an opponent get a cheapie of freebie. Would be totally fitting for the Grub to be sitting alongside the Dusty one n waving goodbye.

Reactions: 10 users
Maybe he can ride in the back of the ute alongside Dusty. Been a favourite of mine since he started, just an uncompromising hard arsed competitor. Hated letting an opponent get a cheapie of freebie. Would be totally fitting for the Grub to be sitting alongside the Dusty one n waving goodbye.
Be a great gesture to have B Ellis in the car as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Always my fav, Dylan deserves a farewell as much as Dusty.
One of our greatest defenders ever, a Jack Dyer medalist, AA & 3 time Premiership player.
just a superstar.
I hope he's healthy enough that we can celebrate him too in round 24.

Reactions: 18 users
Dyl has had terrible bad luck with injuries for a lot of his career, to have played over 230 is a credit to his dedication and perseverance.
What a stalwart down back he has been, barring injuries he should be closing in on 300 games.

Reactions: 8 users
One of my all time favourites Grimes.
That bump in the final against North will be with me till I die
But this would be the worse list management decision. To give him a further year, when he was finished last year.
I hope to see him at GC.
I think some players get the extra year for taking unders when the salary cap is tight.

Reactions: 3 users
Vital for us, especially when Rancey retired. Champ.

I have a feeling that this week will be his turn to announce hanging up the boots.

Reactions: 6 users
He should play the last game even as a sub. Would love to see him run out one more time in the jumper.

He should play the last game even as a sub. Would love to see him run out one more time in the jumper.

Can he even run is the question.

I loved him playing for us. Its such a pity that he's unable to play now. We miss him bigtime.

Reactions: 1 user
Can he even run is the question.

I loved him playing for us. Its such a pity that he's unable to play now. We miss him bigtime.
Yeah he probably should’ve retired last season and then we could’ve given him a send off. It was looking improbable that he would see this season out even then and sadly he only played five games. Absolute legend player and legend of a bloke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Grimes was an elite defender, and easily one of my favourite Tigers.

Hard business no BS.

Critical player in our era, even before round 1 1 2019 when the Tross man went down. Became even more critical after that night.

Luckily for the Tigers Grimes was in his peak to take over at high level.

Love Grimes absolute gun.

Reactions: 6 users
I love that the pic at the top of this thread is Grimes v Cameron.
Cameron was the most dangerous small forward in the game at the time, but Grimes went from playing on tall forwards to sitting him down when it mattered.
A truly elite defender.

Reactions: 9 users
Cameron was the most dangerous small forward in the game at the time, but Grimes went from playing on tall forwards to sitting him down when it mattered.
A truly elite defender.
He was equally good on the big guys, too. Absolute legend at his peak.

A truly elite defender.

And Cameron has a fistful of Grimey's jumper, as if he is the dangerous one that needs to be held back!

Reactions: 1 user
C'mon Tiges. The time is right. Give the champ a bit of Grimelight this week. He can then join Dusty next week against the Suns at the G.

• Love
Hope Grimesy is ok. That back issue sounds pretty bad.
He's still a young man looking to start a family & has a business to run outside of football.
Worries me a little how little info has come out of the club tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users